• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Ya Moves! An In-depth Look at Everything Falcon (V 2.2 // last update 2/1)

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
Info for the edgegrabbing tech.

If you dash towards the edge and at the last moment do a half circle turn with your analog stick you should grab the edge from the stage. The timing for it depends on the character. It's easiest with Luigi.

Edit: Oops... Sorry for double post. Didn't see I posted here already>.>

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Great thread face.

But I don't think we should combine our threads.
you (face), me and Noodle should all have our own. As Noodle said, we all focus on different things, so having them all stickied wouldn't be a waste of stickies.

Yeah, consider that idea gone. I mean one that gives links to all other guides and other helpful threads. 4 different guides is perfectly fine with me.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Good thing you bumped it. Or else I wouldn't have read it now. Awesome guide. Thanks
Thankyou :) and you're very welcome. Hopefully when this guide is in that stickier reference thread I won't have to hope that this stayes bumped

Info for the edgegrabbing tech.

If you dash towards the edge and at the last moment do a half circle turn with your analog stick you should grab the edge from the stage. The timing for it depends on the character. It's easiest with Luigi.

Edit: Oops... Sorry for double post. Didn't see I posted here already>.>
Thank god someone knows. I read somewhere about this but didn't know how to do it with Falcon. If its ok, I'll quote you on this and you will, off course get full credit. And its fine, I'm not going to report you :)

Yeah, consider that idea gone. I mean one that gives links to all other guides and other helpful threads. 4 different guides is perfectly fine with me.
Good. As ToKnee said, our focus' are different. My guide isn't even half done yet anyway.

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
More info on edgegrabbing.
There seems to be yet another method of grabbing the edge when you're on the stage. For this one you need to stand on the as far as you can while facing to the middle of the stage. Now you can just move your stick diagonally downwards to the edge. This one is probably not quite good for edgeguarding. Why would you run to the edge turn around and do that. Maybe for mindgames.Ex. If he sees you with your back to him(while recovering) and he suspects a bair, you drop down and then do a jump up from the edge and then you bair him.

Falcon Tilts
Falcon's tilts are not too shabby. They are quite quick and Utilt can even KO.

Utilt
Damage: 13%
Knockback: Moderate-High
Frames: 17
After Lag: Moderate.
Range: Moderate-High
Properties: This is a good move. As the Utilt also hits above you, you can hit people through platforms. Using the Utilt through platforms is better than using Usmash as it wil not full hit most of the time. This move is also good for punishing and edgeguarding. It can also follow up some other moves.

Ftilit
Damage: 10%
Knockback: Little
Frames: 9
After Lag: Moderate
Range: Low-Moderate
Properties: This move is quick but has some lag. Use it quite often with your jabbing. Good followup. Like with the Nudge Combo. Also a nice punisher.

Dtilt
Knockback: Low vertical knockback
Frames: 11
Range: Moderate
Properties: This is good for shield poking and you should also use it with your jab game. This can hit multiple times at low percentage. But don't rely on that too much. Space yourself with this move.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
More info on edgegrabbing.
There seems to be yet another method of grabbing the edge when you're on the stage. For this one you need to stand on the as far as you can while facing to the middle of the stage. Now you can just move your stick diagonally downwards to the edge. This one is probably not quite good for edgeguarding. Why would you run to the edge turn around and do that. Maybe for mindgames.Ex. If he sees you with your back to him(while recovering) and he suspects a bair, you drop down and then do a jump up from the edge and then you bair him.

Falcon Tilts
Falcon's tilts are not too shabby. They are quite quick and Utilt can even KO.

Utilt
Damage: 13%
Knockback: Moderate-High
Frames: 17
After Lag: Moderate.
Range: Moderate-High
Properties: This is a good move. As the Utilt also hits above you, you can hit people through platforms. Using the Utilt through platforms is better than using Usmash as it wil not full hit most of the time. This move is also good for punishing and edgeguarding. It can also follow up some other moves.

Ftilit
Knockback: Little
Frames: 9
Range: Low-Moderate
Properties: This move is quick but has some lag. Use it quite often with your jabbing. Good followup. Like with the Nudge Combo. Also a nice punisher.

Dtilt
Knockback: Low vertical knockback
Frames: 11
Range: Moderate
Properties: This is good for shield poking and you should also use it with your jab game. This can hit multiple times at low percentage. But don't rely on that too much. Space yourself with this move.
May I ask why you post this?
and the edgegrabbing is common knowledge..

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
So that face can add this stuff to his guide. Is this not wanted?
first of all, He does appreciate your effort offcourse, but it's face guide and I assume face wants to form or not form it the way he wants it.

sorry, but I think you'll understand.

Roderick

Smash Apprentice
first of all, He does appreciate your effort offcourse, but it's face guide and I assume face wants to form or not form it the way he wants it.

sorry, but I think you'll understand.
I understand, but I've done it exactly how face did his one with the jab. Anyway, it's up to face, if he doesn't want it, it's fine by me. I'm just trying to help.;)

Face124

Smash Ace
I understand, but I've done it exactly how face did his one with the jab. Anyway, it's up to face, if he doesn't want it, it's fine by me. I'm just trying to help.;)
Its not that I don't want it, its just it was unnecesary work on your part. I was going to do this for every one of Falcon's attacks anyway, so we're just telling you to spare yourself the bother, but all contribution is great.

Player-3

Smash Hero
edgeguarding DDD with up-b cough cough

this makes the match up 100000000000x easier.,.. because if you do it right theres like a 0.1% chance theyll recover,

when the D3 uses his Up-B just use your Up-b Into his (it out prioritizes, you wont get spiked if hes on his way down) if he tries to cancel, you still grab, if hes going up, you still grab if hes going down, you still grab

pretty much the uberedgeguard

works wonders im telling you guys

Face124

Smash Ace
edgeguarding DDD with up-b cough cough

this makes the match up 100000000000x easier.,.. because if you do it right theres like a 0.1% chance theyll recover,

when the D3 uses his Up-B just use your Up-b Into his (it out prioritizes, you wont get spiked if hes on his way down) if he tries to cancel, you still grab, if hes going up, you still grab if hes going down, you still grab

pretty much the uberedgeguard

works wonders im telling you guys
I will include this, thanks. It won't be for a while though, because doing the match-up advice isn't my priority right now, but it'll be up eventually. I think you would have to be careful when Up-B'ing when he's coming down, because if you, by mistake, DI beneath him you're dead or more damaged. Falcon dive has SA frames upon leeching, which is great.

Top Bottom