• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So if you guys didn't notice, we're uploading new videos to the Youtube channel at the moment. You know, to pass the time until release cuz we've got your backs like that.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I have an interesting story that I think SP will like to hear. So...

I'm sitting in an AP Geography class, bored out of my skull. I mean, it's geography. Who the hell cares? We're watching a series of videos known as "Globe Trecker," where this guy goes to various nations and experiences the local customs and cultures. Today, we watch a video where he visits Japan. After about 15 minutes of lame jokes and butchered Japanese pronunciations, he walks into a resteraunt full of cages. I think to myself, "Hey, this reminds me of that Japanda Time Story Time I heard on SMYN." He takes his seat and comments on Japan's interesting theme restauraunts. Following that, we get a panoramic shot of the place's interior and exterior, and what do I notice? The name of the place is "Lockup." Needless to say, I was shocked, and had to keep myself from bursting out laughing. I don't know if that's the same place or not, but if it was, how badass is that?

DisabledParking

Smash Rookie
The videos were great they really helped pass the time today thanks guys, even though i should really be studying for finals. In one of the episodes you were talking about away to play as master hand in smash 64. I before heard about that before and I looked it up today it seems like from what I could find it was only possible with emulators and roms? Does anyone know anything more about it?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
The videos were great they really helped pass the time today thanks guys, even though i should really be studying for finals. In one of the episodes you were talking about away to play as master hand in smash 64. I before heard about that before and I looked it up today it seems like from what I could find it was only possible with emulators and roms? Does anyone know anything more about it?
You can do it on an actual copy, but you'll need to use a GameShark to do it. Likewise, you can play as Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser in Melee, but only with the aid of an Action Replay. Undoubtedly, once people figure out the proper AR codes for the Wii, we'll be seeing playable Brawl bosses very soon. (
Ridley
plz?)

Keep in mind, though, that using any one of these cheats could damage your game or save file in unintended ways and should generally NOT be done unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure you know what you're doing.

Thank you for the video cuz i pretty much snow in, hopefully I can get Brawl
The snow's coming in fairly hard for the Michigan folks like Youko, Panda and myself, but I didn't realize it was that bad for you guys in Ohio. You have my sympathies, dude; hopefully you can find a copy sometime tomorrow.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's lame to live in Ohio. The call broke my heart.
9AM tomorrow my @$$ lol. Forget the GameStop tournament now, 2PM? ridiculous.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
'Sup, guys.

It's about a half an hour before I head out to Brawl Launch festivities, so I'd figure I'd type something up for you all in the meanwhile.

If you heard the Q/A section of Episode 35, you know how much this podcast means to me. How much this game means to me. And now that it's coming to fruition, I really couldn't be happier.

I have met so many amazing people throughout the course of this project that it is simply astounding. Each one of the personal connections I've had with a fan of SMYN has been an utter delight - it truly is wonderful to hear something you've worked so hard on complimented, much less having a discussion with a fan about the project's core focus. I'm sure Panda would agree with me on that.

I hope you guys know how much both SamuraiPanda and I have sacrificed for the good of the community. We wanted to work on something that would not only bridge the gap until Brawl's release, but something that would persevere beyond that realm, whatever that path may be. Whatever we've done, we didn't do for our sake. We did it for yours.

Episodes EVERY WEEK of the lifespan. Episodes on Panda's behalf while I was out of town, even releasing an episode for EVERY WEEKDAY of that DOJO-less week. Easter Eggs every week, including some memorable songs and bloopers. Almost seven hours of video of our recorded Japanese Brawl experiences. Soon a video review of the American version of the game. And so much more. It's all for you guys.

Since SMYN is an online experience, I guess it's time I elaborate on Brawl Online, eh? 64 friend code spots...is harder than you can imagine for me to pull together, with so many fans requesting my friend code when the time comes.

I am having eight spots be "temporary spaces". This is mostly for flexibility with online tournaments and if you would like a match with me, but you are not on my permanent friend code list. Keep in mind that after one play session, these numbers will most likely be deleted to free them up again. It's a lot easier to manage eight friend codes constantly than it is 64. Hell, I've even had to create an Excel document to try to figure it all out.

I have twelve friends who are not on the boards that I am adding to my permanent friend code list. That means I had to decide 44 permanent spots...and there are some choices I'm still uncertain about. In the near future, I will let you know via PM if you would like to trade friend codes, but if you do not receive one, please do not be too disappointed. I'm sure we can can have a match sometime in the near future. :)

While it may not be the choice of everyone who Brawls online, I'd like to personally stress that if you do battle against me online...it's not for anything except fun. I have a personal issue with holding online victories over people's heads as a sign of superiority. Maybe that's just me, but I will NOT Brawl against you to solve personal conflicts, clashes, rivalries, or vendettas. It's that simple. This game is supposed to be fun and enjoyed, period...let's not forget that.

Also, I'd like to try to make an effort to use Skype for Brawl voice chats! Obviously, the game doesn't have a voice chat feature, but since we've used Skype extensively for SMYN, I'm very pleased in how it works, and would like to continue to do so. If you're interested, you can download Skype for free and check out my Skype name in my user profile here at SWF. Hope to hear you on the Brawlfield!

Well, I'm not sure what else to add, except...enjoy Brawl, those of you who are starting to play for the first time tomorrow. It's a rush, and you won't be disappointed. And good luck to those of you who are trying to unlock things ASAP! I know that's what I'll be doing.

Thanks for everything, everyone! We'll try to continue to deliver more Brawl-related goods in the future, just for you guys. We are your #1 Brawl podcast, after all.

A friend first and a podcaster second,

-- Youko

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
thnx for the podcast youko and samurai panda u always made my mondays better:)
1 question
will u post vids in youtube in the future?

Smash Ace
Thanks, Youko. You really are our number one Brawl podcast, and I hope to Brawl with you some time. See you then.

impulse346

Smash Cadet
Thanks Youko and Panda, for all the time you guys put into making your podcast. It was something I looked forward to every weekend, and props to Panda for making that daily podcast during the updateless week. Well I hope I can atleast be a temp. buddy and get to brawl with you.:) I PMed you a long time ago about Guitar Hero 3 FCs, but I think you forgot,lol. No worries though, since most of us will be on brawl now.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
good jobz! or jarebs.
anyways, i'm sure all ya'll wanna play against teh glitch....it's not gonna happen till saturday..

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, although I'm sure Youko appreciates that you like his podcast so much that you're having all of your discussions in his thread, you really should carry on these sorts of private discussions over private messages.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Hey. Youko, I remember how you guys were complaining about Lucas's voice when I was on the show, yet I couldn't help but think it sounded familiar, so I did a little research...turns out that in both versions of the game, Lucas is voiced by none other than Lani Minella, who you might recognize as the voice of Rouge the Bat in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes.

Who knew?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, if that's really the case, then...

"They stink...just like eCHIDnas do."

*shudder* Rouge's voice wasn't that good in SA2B.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Her voice was just as bad as the stupid "find the gem in space, and watch out for the screwy camera lol" stages.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I always wondered that myself. I suppose they just conveniently removed her wings for that scene... but then again, I was usually too busy trying to make Big the Cat appear during the cutscene to care.

Then again, her current voice makes her sound far too aged, considering she's only supposed to be, like, 17 or 18...

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Youko, did you tell everyone that your shop now has "Nana is a *****" shirts and stuff in stock? I don't remember you saying so, and I've checked this thread. I came across them when I randomly went on your shop. I might be wrong, and you may have already said so, of course...

Unless this info doesn't matter? Anyway, just letting you know.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I did say so in the SMYN T-Shirt thread, but nobody really cares about that.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i do!
btw, i gots skype! youko you can call me!
it'd be a dream come true ;)
just kidding, but i should be getting wifi soon, so youko i challenge you, just like everyother smyn fanboy!
btw, i must have the most posts for an smyn fanboy, but prove me wrong guys.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
No, I think that I have the most posts for an SMYN fanboy.

And btw, Youko, I can't call you right now as I'm at work (sensitive equipment and what not) but I'm running a bit late and I wont be done for awhile. Mind if we push it back for an hour to around 5:30?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
That's cool with the timing, don't worry about it.

It'll give me a chance to eat anyway, lol.

Top Bottom