• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Sounds more like a spinoff of SMYN. Spinoffs are a good thing though. Go for it, I'll be sure to watch.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Seeing as I'm a huge fan of anything you do, Youko, I'll obviously watch/listen to whatever you produce; so go for it!!

Let the creativeness flow!

Also, the bottom 10 was hilarious, albeit a tad long-winded and drawn out. I'd love to see a more Smash Dash approach to it! Maybe a tad more content than that, though.

As a side note, Vlogging for the win, as long as it features my favorite sunday night characters!

EDIT: Just realized that you're in the rock band marathon, and I am now commencing the watching of it!

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
...SO.
Many years later I thought I'd drop in. And there was old Youko still looking quite thin. (Oh, don't ask)

I guess I should say sorry for gimping out of the SMYN scene completely so suddenly. I just began to focus more on my own stuff and downloading the increasingly longer casts was becoming a bit of a bother for me, sadly. :(

Still, I guess I've just popped back to say these video ideas sound awesome! I'd so go for them! All of them! And then some!

Mooooreeee...
*Smooshes hands*

And on note with the Pokemon Bottom Ten, I still think it's pretty neat. The VA is rather.. uhm. Bored? And some of the script upset some people, but it was still rather neat-o.

I'm sure a "lighter" version of it can be done, though I'd be fine with the same style it had before, myself.

Anyways! I'd say go for all this new stuff! It'll be...

FUN!
Welcome back to SMYN Black, lolz.

I agree with Black that you should do the video stuff. I've turned back to watching anime and youtube videos (and of course listening to my extensive music collection) now that SMYN isn't weekly. So, videos would be great. lolz. Lookin' forward to it.

~Cless-mint

Deception

Smash Ace
I'm up for a mockery of the pokemon anime. It has countless flaws, and it is a shame to the awesome pokemon games (well, most of them).

Can't wait for the video review, too, even though I know Brawl is awesome.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, nobody ever calls out Pokemon for the many instances of WTF were they THINKING? It may have been the best thing back then, but WOW was it actually really bad.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Yeah, nobody ever calls out Pokemon for the many instances of WTF were they THINKING? It may have been the best thing back then, but WOW was it actually really bad.
Actually, if you've ever been to GameFAQs (AKA Work-Safe 4chan), you'd be surprised about how many people DO call them out.

I mean "Thunder armor?!" "Aim for the horn?!" Come on!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The video review will be posted tomorrow. We're also trying our best to make connections in-time for an extra-special-and-awesome Easter Egg. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ya, always remember to use your Pokamons! :laugh: I really liked the Bottom 10. The number one and two one made me almost fall out of my chair. Another one (or two or more) would be awsome.

And ya, for all this....just experiment. The more you try, the more opportunities you have to really succeed at something.

And I see you're a Toon Link main. Welcome. Welcome to the Dark Side (especially if you play Zero Soul Toon Link!). *insert evil laugh here*

Well, I look forward to the video review (that will be posted tomorrow). SMYN is back, and is hopefully better then ever! :)

O, and "aim for the horn!" I need to see a video on when and where in the Pokémon show they actual say that! Something tells me it's at the random and best moment EVER! :laugh:

And yae to Blackadder's return. Return to the usual evil and crazy crap. >_>

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
O, and "aim for the horn!" I need to see a video on when and where in the Pokémon show they actual say that! Something tells me it's at the random and best moment EVER! :laugh:

They say it in the first season when Ash is battling the gym leader Blaine. Pikachu vs Rhydon. Pikachu's shock attack didn't work, and Ash told him to shock him again, but aim for the horn on Rhydon's nose, so it would act like a lighting rod, and it K.O.'ed him. Well, atleast I think that's the instance they're spaking of.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Can't wait for the Video Review. =]
Pokemon Bottom 10 iono what that is sorry. =[
I saw your Rock Band video and your German final or whatever. Pretty entertaining stuff.
"No johns! No Excuses!"
Lolol.
vlogging sounds great. =]
Good luck on your future video projects man. ^^b

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, my email notification for this thread doesn't seem to be working. I'll have to keep checking back to see if it's been uploaded yet.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
This probably doesn't matter much anymore, but I'm going to say it anyway. I was one of the people that stopped checking news late January until the launch so I didn't find out about all the spoilers. I actually managed to make it the whole time with only learning that Marth was back and that Mega Man wasn't in the game, so I thought that was pretty good on my part.

Anyway, the last episode I had listened to was #29, right before all the leaks started occurring. I kind of thought that next week would begin spoiler city, and I was right. Well, last night I finally listened to episode #30 of SMYN.

I must say I was kind of disappointed. I mean I agree you guys that I would have liked to have seen more than 35 guys, but the time you guys spent ripping on R.O.B. was awful. That was a huge WTF character, and when you asked the question, "Who would main R.O.B.?" Well that answer is becoming me. I mean he rocks, he is blast to use. Link is still my #1 for now, but that might quickly change.

Heck that episode might have been the worst one ever having gone back and listened to 1-30 now. I am still going to listen to them all, and the guy who guest starred in #30 did a great job, but the constant negatively was unneeded. Yeah, we all wanted 48, but that's life. Roster is still amazing, when I know I rotate between like 10 characters compared to 6 in Melee.

Anyway, can't wait to see the video review. Can't love every show I guess.

And R.O.B. rules all.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I was one of the people that stopped checking news late January until the launch so I didn't find out about all the spoilers.

Heh, well, that explains it all.

Yes, R.O.B. is totally awesome now. Thanks for pointing that out a month after the game is out in America...but you have to realize what the general atmosphere around the Smash community was at the time when the news broke. People were not happy about R.O.B., plain and simple. However, since you avoided news to avoid spoilers, I understand how you might not know that.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
You have the benefit of hindsight now, because you've played him and can comment fully on him. At the time, they could only speculate...and, at the time, the general consensus was that he was a waste of time.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It certainly will be - in fact, the first part (of seven) is uploaded and needs to process.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SMYNYouko

EDIT:

SWF is having difficulties at the moment regarding updating the podcast on iTunes. By the end of the day, there will be an audio version of the full video for the iTunes subscribers (can't do video with SWF's technology).

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If you're referring to past episodes...there shouldn't be anything wrong with them. Try refreshing your podcasts? I'm not sure.

ANYWAY, THE REVIEW UPLOADING HAS COMMENCED!

Links are at the top of the first post in the thread. Happy watching and leave some comments!

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
I love how my top ten video is always at the top of the "recommended" videos for everything Youko uploads. Anyway, it's good so far, I hope the rest doesn't take too long to upload.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Youko, where does Sakurai say Nana is a *****? Just wondering.

Well, he never did specifically. But we put the words in his mouth for him. And also, it's the truth. Plus, remember the sarcastic nature of that episode...

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice

Blackadder

Smash Master
Love the vids so far!

I happen to be one of the four people that main Ganondorf, Panda! *shakes fist with rage*

You have made me **** bunnies with that one comment!
WHat's even WORSE...

It made me smile.

Top Bottom