• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You can either email them to dojopodcastATgmailDOTcom or just PM me.

And that's a good thing to mention: SEND IN MAILTIME QUESTIONS FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!

Darkurai

Smash Master
You guys should see if you can do a live mini-podcast while watching the Nintendo Media Summit.
Personally, I don't really see it happening, but it would still be awesome.

I am hoping for Brawl, updated version. The only new thing it will have is a character creator where you can type in a character's name and it will somehow magically import that character into the game. That is what I am expecting at E3.
Those are some pretty high hopes, kid. Smash Bros. is all about characters that are already established (except Roy, but that's why they took him out I guess). Throwing in the ability to make your own characters (unless they're Miis, since Miis are already established) would go against what Smash Bros. is.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You guys should see if you can do a live mini-podcast while watching the Nintendo Media Summit.
Personally, I don't really see it happening, but it would still be awesome.

The only thing that would possibly happen is that I alone do a live-reaction live feed thing on Stickam. It wouldn't be released through iTunes or even recorded, but mostly just for fun.

We'll see, though...

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Oh god! Is Reggie going to lie again =O ? Also, i dont but does anyone expect any smash anouncements ?( besides it being succesful )

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
For those who want to watch live, IGN is providing free live streams of MS, Sony, and Ninty's press conferences. Here's the schedule:

Nintendo: 9:30am (Pacific time) Tuesday July 15th
Microsoft: 10:30am Monday July 14th'
Sony: 11:30am Tuesday July 15th

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hm, now that I have access to our stickam account, I'm finding it to be very interesting...

I'd stay tuned to it if I was a fan, just a suggestion...maybe even add us as a friend...

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nuuuuuuu, I'm going to Niagara Falls tommorow, it's a 8 hour drive, and I was hoping to listen to SMYN to pass the time. Ah well, I guess I'm forced to listen to old episodes.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Those are some pretty high hopes, kid. Smash Bros. is all about characters that are already established (except Roy, but that's why they took him out I guess). Throwing in the ability to make your own characters (unless they're Miis, since Miis are already established) would go against what Smash Bros. is.
It was just a joke -_-

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Nuuuuuuu, I'm going to Niagara Falls tommorow, it's a 8 hour drive, and I was hoping to listen to SMYN to pass the time. Ah well, I guess I'm forced to listen to old episodes.
Hehe, so what? I listen to old episodes all the time. SMYN is a necessity for life for me now.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sooooo yeah, don't mind me on the stickam account guys, I'm totally just doing whatever I want testing stuff out. But you can stop by and chat if you wish.

EDIT:
Negi-kun, I see you entering and leaving the room...>.>

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
By the way, I was trying to log into my account as a member or whatever it's called. But in the end I just used the nickname function. >_>

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Well, Microsoft's conference is done. A pretty even mix of awesome and lame, though the awesome levels were slightly higher. I'm especially hyped after hearing that the original Banjo Kazooie is coming to XBLA, especially since it's supposed to include actual working Stop 'N Swop functionality...

Sariku

Smash Master
I think you need to have Sariku on again! Bring SMYN back to your roots! Sariku's humor makes every episode he's in a classic! Plus, he's a Sonic main so he can give a unique perspective. Is Sonic really bottom-tier or do all the n00bs who play him distract from the fact that Sonic can own? Ask Sariku on an episode of SMYN for an insight into the world of a living legend... How does the past host of Who's In feel about the character after months of thought? And does Sariku think that Lucario will be in the next Smash? The fans want him, the iTunes users want him, and we all know Youko wants to hang out with Sariku again.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Actually, that sounds like a good idea. While I still want to join the contest (I'm coloring my picture as we speak) I think having Sariku back for the next pod cast would be great!
Sonic will be top. Believe it!

Okay. I say mid personally but wever.

Moar Sariku plox.
People want me back? Haha, I'd love to, but it's up to Youko and SamuraiPanda.

Maybe they'll say yes, though. =]

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So, uh, I'm highly doubting that Nintendo can top that press conference. Even with a (rumored) new DS and (confirmed) improved Wii remote sensitivity. Microsoft did just pretty much everything they wanted to, plus kicked Sony in the balls...hard.

I'd like to say "Prove me wrong, Big N," but I'm really having my doubts.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Yeah, but at the same time, MS clearly showed that they're trying to imitate Nintendo's more family-oriented approach with the avatars, the channel-based dashboard, the surge of casual games like Scene It and Uno...it just looked blatantly ripped off, and I know a lot of others feel the same.

Still, I enjoyed the rest of the conference a lot. MS clearly has a solid lineup of stuff planned, and I'm looking forward to many of them (espeially now that I know all my Rock Band 1 stuff can be transferred to RB2...). With Nintendo promising new Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero games, though, it's certainly going to be an interesting spectacle tomorrow...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I wish I totally grasped what the "Horde" mode really means as far as Gears of War 2 goes. Anyone have a better explanation than was given, because it went right over my head.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Was I the only one falling asleep during Microsoft's press conference? All Ninty has to do is announce the games everyone already knows are going to happen eventually, and they got E3 in the bag. I'd love to see Sony pull a fast one, but we'll see aboot that.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the conferences was good but what was there we didn't already know? besides FFXIII and the XBLA stuff what did Microsoft announce that was new and worthwhile a.k.a. not Your in the Movies

Deception

Smash Ace
Nintendo built up a lot of hype by not revealing anything. They'll probably have the best show, though, seeing as there will be a lot of new stuff we don't know about. Unless they announce there broke or that the big game is casual.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There's some rumor floating around about a new DS - slimmer, sub-$100, no GBA slot, and with some built-in accelerometers...would it really be worth it??

Darkurai

Smash Master
What did microsoft announce?
Miis.

I'm not making this up. They are just like Miis. They're customizable like Miis, they're implemented like Miis, hell, they even look like Miis.
Microsoft also spewed some brilliant bull****.
"We were the first to sell 20 million units!"
They made this same statement before and proceeded to say "The Wii doesn't count".
"We've outsold the Wii and PS3 combined!"
Has the PS3 sold negative amounts? That's the only way they're beating the Wii.
"By the end of the year, we will have sold more units worldwide than the PS3."
They mention the one they're already beating, not the one that's kicking their ***.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
There's some rumor floating around about a new DS - slimmer, sub-$100, no GBA slot, and with some built-in accelerometers...would it really be worth it??
No way. Activision just released Guitar Hero On Tour, and they've already got a sequel in the works. If the redesign didn't have a GBA slot, then people would have no way to play the game. And I don't think that Nintendo wants to piss off any big 3rd party developers...

Besides, I'm pretty sure that they said recently that there wouldn't be a DS redesign at E3...

Darkurai

Smash Master
No way. Activision just released Guitar Hero On Tour, and they've already got a sequel in the works. If the redesign didn't have a GBA slot, then people would have no way to play the game. And I don't think that Nintendo wants to piss off any big 3rd party developers...

Besides, I'm pretty sure that they said recently that there wouldn't be a DS redesign at E3...
They said they weren't redesigning the DS the day before they announced the Lite.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
With Nintendo promising new Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero games, though, it's certainly going to be an interesting spectacle tomorrow...
As far as I'm aware Nintendo hasn't 'promised' any of that. Even ACWii hasn't been officially mentioned.

Darkurai

Smash Master
As far as I'm aware Nintendo hasn't 'promised' any of that. Even ACWii hasn't been officially mentioned.
Technically, it has. Just a very long time ago. One of the early screenshots for the Wii Menu had an Animal Crossing Wii thing on it. They are doing Animal Crossing Wii, they're just not telling us anything about it.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Punch-Out has been confirmed by British magazine NGamer. I know, I have the copy sitting next to me.

NGamer said:
If all goes to plan (and our sources haven't played a mean trick on us), that hands-on E3 coverage will be of Animal Crossing and Punch-Out!! Wii, aka Nintneod's great hopes for 2008.
I think Cyberlink also said that Kid Icarus has been confirmed too.

However, Animal Crossing, Punch-Out and Kid Icarus conbined wouldn't excite me half as much as if they announced F-Zero Wii.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
That's the thing, though: F-Zero Wii has been confirmed. Not only that, but Capcom of all companies is handling development this time around.

Also, it seems that Nintendo may not be showing Kid Icarus after all, so don't get your hopes up too high...

Top Bottom