• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Remember that segment where I started talking about how I delved into the competitive scene? Well, after much consideration, I think I want to flesh it out into a separate entity entirely. Something like "SamuraiPanda: From Casual to Competitive," which would chronicle how a player who was below-average in Melee (when compared to actual tournament regulars) to where I am now. It would all be audio, and I would likely put it on Youtube as well as provide a download link.

What do you guys think? Should I do it?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Remember that segment where I started talking about how I delved into the competitive scene? Well, after much consideration, I think I want to flesh it out into a separate entity entirely. Something like "SamuraiPanda: From Casual to Competitive," which would chronicle how a player who was below-average in Melee (when compared to actual tournament regulars) to where I am now. It would all be audio, and I would likely put it on Youtube as well as provide a download link.

Sure. I like the idea of being able to listen to them on their own without digging through the podcast.

Although you need to keep the name Panda's tips for better awesomeness.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice

Do it! >=O

And yes Panda's tips for Better awesomeness for the win xD

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah man, you should definitely make it its own entity. After you're finished with the audio, recording it how you want it to be, I'm sure there are people out there who would want to help you with a flash/video portion of it.

MajinSweet

Smash Journeyman
One of my favorite SMYN moments was when Gimpyfish talked about his transition from casual to competitive, so I would love to hear it.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman

(in emperor Palpatine voice) do it.

In all serousness though, if you did this I think everyone would greatly appriciate it. Question though, how often would you do it. Weekly? Monthly? Whenever you feel like it-ly?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord

Do it. I absolutely love when you share your Smash stories and how you became who you are today in the community. I love your rants and in-depth speculation before Brawl was out. I love your theories and that's just part of the reason I listen to Show Me Your News every day. Do it Panda, do it.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Totally. But keep the name "Panda's Tips For Better Awesomeness".
I already put it on the site.
<_<
>_>

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I do not know how to made a single post link, so Youko, feel free to edit this to do so. SMYN really did change my smash life.

Negi-Kun said:
Well where do it begin? I wasn't that big of a gamer to begin with. My first console being a Playstation and only having 3 games for it... I didn't have much to do with it. Then I got a Gamecube for my birthday along with Melee and Luigi's Mansion. I opened Melee first so in a way Melee is my first Gamecube game. Melee was so fun. But it didn't satisfy me. I was a casual gamer then. Of course I heard of Brawl next. Now I started hearing all these things about advanced techniques and tournaments and tiers. I looked up these things on YouTube and found Wak's Advanced SSBM Techniques guide. I watched that and learned there was a whole new level to this game. Soon enough I learned how to combo well and win pretty much every person I met. (but they were casual players so... yeah ¬_¬) For some reason I only have an emotional connection with Roy. He is just so cool to me and I don't know why. So people were saying he was garbage, but every time I played as him I three stock people. So Roy was and still is my main. My second being Falco, third being Falcon, fourth being Peach. Those are pretty much the only characters I used. Of course this new game called Brawl coming out got my hyped. On day out of curiosity I looked out Super Smash Bros. on iTunes and I looked around and- oh, what's this? A podcast about Super Smash Brothers? No way! If you haven't figured out yet I'm talking about Show Me Your News. And it changed my Smash life (wow that sounds so cheesy.) I started listening around episode five saying I can't believe this guy can talk about Smash Brothers for a solid half hour! Now Youko and SamuraiPanda have FAR surpassed 30 minutes. I remember Youko talking about SWF. I joined in 2007 but... well forgot my password and I hated my username anyway so I made a new account. Now Brawl comes out and I'm sad there's no Roy, but that doesn't bother me. I know why he got cut. And well here I am! Now a competitive smasher. I prefer Melee more than Brawl but that's not the point. I love Smash.

TL;DR Version

Got Melee, loved it. Learned advanced techs, beat lots of people. Love Roy, sad he's not in Brawl. Listened to Show Me Your News, got more into Smash. Made an SWF account, here I am.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We're going to be starting Metroid Prime soon on Stickam. Better to start sooner than later, and we're only moving it up by half an hour. SwordHunter will play while I watch the chat.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Everyone start talking about how SMYN changed your life.

Edit: Gah! Always the worst times for me. :(

okiyama

Smash Ace
Hehe, funny story about SMYN...
I started with the episode before the pandacast week of woes(daily). So then I heard SP doing it daily and I liked how he hosted it a lot better than how youko did it. Then youko came back and I was like "what is this?"
Also, I never really liked the rundown... I listened to all the old ones(before 13) once but I'm preobably not going to go through them again. I am going through all the roundtable ones again though :D

Darkurai

Smash Master
holy **** he's right.
the smyn thread is pure, satanic evil now.
Quick!
Kill it with fire! Return it to its purity!

Anyway, SMYN and Smash didn't change my life. They ARE my life now.
It's the middle of the summer.
What other life do i have?
The computer perhaps.
Hint hint.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Looks like we're going to have to find some way to get rid of the evil spirits...

*clenches hands together and begins changing*

Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows...

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Actually the number 666 is representitive of the Roman Emperor Nero and his hatfulness of Christians. He was one of the worst Emperors and was often seen as the embodyment of the devil. In reallity he was sick in the head (seriously). But in actuallity, 666 has little to do with the devil.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Page 250 here... how do you people stand having to move on to new pages so quickly? :p But reply #10,000 is coming up now matter how you look at it... nothing to do with a curse, but still notable.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It is pretty much the best thread in this entire room, if I do say so myself...

Well, aside from Master Chief in Brawl, but that's a whole other story. And it was created by SMYN, so it's all good.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Youko are we getting any Stickam awesomeness today? lol

Also I was wondering whether you'd like me to make any more Flashes from SMYN moments? I can give it a shot if you'd like.

~extremely editted post to remove the spamy content ._. apologises~

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Seriously. Don't. I will infract people in my own thread, if it comes to it. You can go the SMYNF if you want to spam whatever you want.

As for Stickam, I'm not sure if we'll do stuff. Nothing major, anyway, since WTFP work has to be done. Spork, if you want to complete your Top 10 from way back when, by all means, feel free to do so.

EDIT:
New contest entry by _Lewis_:

Top Bottom