• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Here are my three mailtime questions.

1.) What are your thoughts on the whole bailout plan failing in the House of Representatives?
2.) How are you spending your Rosh Hashonah?
3.) On a scale of 1-10, how much does my awesomeness exceed 10?

Feel free to ignore the last two... And make sure to give me an 18th birthday shoutout tomorrow!

Thanks!

Trapt497

Smash Ace
i just wanted to point out that the mailtime question about if they listen to other podcasts has already been briefly answered by Youko in ep. 21 when they answered the iPod question. Yeah that question was a couple pages back but i just listened to 21 today and heard that.

He listens to PTI, has yugioh the abridged series on it too.

Just wanted to point that out, in case the question wasn't answered in the podcast, whoever asked it knows what youko would answer.

EDIT: lol moses got pretty lucky...only one day in the whole month that the podcast was going to air, and it happened to be on his birthday lol :D. Happy [early] birthday man.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
ahh dang...we'll miss ya will ;D

EDIT: Third mailtime question that i just came up with now.

To all three of you:

On Kotaku, an announcement has been made that Ninendo is making yet another DS version, complete with music and camera. Do you think it would be worth getting ANOTHER VARIATION of the DS, and do you think you would be interested in buying it?

Here's the thread.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196316

Obviously, dont include this question in the mailtime if this new DS is discussed in the roundtable.

EDIT 2: Sorry i keep having a new post for each question i've been having, i didn't think of all three of them at the same time. Next time it'll all be in the same post ;D.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Mailtime time...time? idk

1.) Do you guys play any MMORPGs and if so which ones?
2.) (this isnt really important but just something on my mind) "If ,and i said if, there is a smash 4, will SMYN go back to being a weekly podcast?
and finally
3.) Any word for when panda's Tips for Better Awesomeness will resume?

There I have thrown my meat into the fire, lets hope it doesn't burn. (<--- i really dont know what I'm talking about)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Youko, I was listening to the E3 episode again, and heard you criticizing Nintendo for not even showing the vaguest trailer, and I think I've got a counterpoint for you.

Back at one E3 (06 I think it was?) Nintendo showed a big video with very short clips from a bunch of their upcoming games like Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Disaster Day of Crisis.

So, where are those games now?

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Youko, I was listening to the E3 episode again, and heard you criticizing Nintendo for not even showing the vaguest trailer, and I think I've got a counterpoint for you.

Back at one E3 (06 I think it was?) Nintendo showed a big video with very short clips from a bunch of their upcoming games like Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Disaster Day of Crisis.

Disaster Day of Crisis is out in Europe in three weeks.

Deception

Smash Ace

Hammer was canned.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
agent, i like all three of your questions. but especially number two...that would provide great insight on the future of smyn. I think its important, but maybe a bit early for a definite answer.

and also, i would definetly not mind if tips for better awesomeness came back, sense i've just started getting involved in the competitive community.

btw what the heck are you talking about with the meat? lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
My friend is coming over to hang out before he goes to college so I MIGHT be there or I might not. OR I might be like.... half there while we're playing Halo or something.

I added you on XBL btw Youko.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
On Stickam I have now cued it up so that the previous three episodes (37-39) will play before episode 40 this evening.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I have a question...

which do you prefer more melee or brawl, and why?

also I think it would be cool if you guys would go over tournaments coming up...Maybe 1 big one in each region or something.

Also You could talk about who you are maining right now.

Just some ideas to throw out there i guess =)

Puffs

Smash Ace
I'll post my question from last month again.

What do you think about the Metroid series? Do you prefer the side-scrollers or the first-person shooters? Which is your favorite game from the series? I look foward to your response.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
SMYN TODAY!!

Twelve hours - Mad hype, y'all!
Word.

EPISODE 40 BAYBAY! CAN I HEAR A 'WUT WUT'?!?

EDIT: Stickam isn't working for me...when i try to join the chat i get a '500 - Internal Server Error'...i hope it starts working before 8...uh oh.

EDIT 2: Works now ;D ...after 20 tries haha

Exia 00

Smash Champion
XBL huh ? I need a gold membership......again >_>

Edit: Btw, how will rock band 2 DLC be stored. RB1 had new songs every tuesday (most likely not the case for wii) It would suck if you had to delete and redownload songs that you want to play. I download a crap load of stuff on XBL marketplace and wii shop channel but im part of a minority. If I decide to get it (IMO Guitar hero>rock band) I'll get it for xbox :p Hard drive FTW lol

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Holy crap this is on in one hour! I'm so tuning in!

Youko and SP, you guys definately need to talk about the Nintendo Press Conference tonight. What do you expect to come out of it? Similar dissapointment to E3? Wii Hardrive? New DS model? An old franchise reborn?

Let's not forget that a year ago today Sonic the Hedgehog was confirmed for Brawl :p Remember the E 4 All episode of SMYN? Too awesome.

Other possible topics of discussion:
-The tier list! It wasn't out last episode, right? What do you guys think? Would you make any changes? What will change in the future?
-Ken in Survivor. Obvious. SP loves Survivor :p
-Smashboards being purchased by MLG. Do you think Brawl will be on the Pro Circuit next season?
-The awesomeness that is Megaman 9
-Rock Band vs. GH World Tour

That's all I could think of off the top of my head.

SamuraiPanda: Will you be heading up to the Niagara tournament in November? I heard that Anther was coming with people. It would be amazing to meet and play with you!

Edit: I'm on the stickam right now, and whenever I type a message and hit enter/send, nothing shows up. wtflol help?

matta-from-subid

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I'm on the stickam right now, and whenever I type a message and hit enter/send, nothing shows up. wtflol help?
What helped me on that problem was just to press the magnefying glass on the options in the stickam (upmost option) That opens a new window if your pop-up blocker isn't perventing it. There will be another interface which is a lot better and works at least for me when the original doesn't.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Here's a rather late mail time question, and not at all related to video games.

What books are you guys reading? I'm just curious. x3

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
I have a really late one as well, since you guys probably aren't on mailtime yet and I can't listen.. *sigh*

Now that you guys are living in the same apartment, do you guys call eachother by your real names, or call eachother Youko and Panda?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I have a really late one as well, since you guys probably aren't on mailtime yet and I can't listen.. *sigh*

Now that you guys are living in the same apartment, do you guys call eachother by your real names, or call eachother Youko and Panda?
Willing to bet it's real names as Panda's accidentally called Youko by his real name on the podcast.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If you guys get Mew2king or Azen, it would truly be amazing. An episode with them would get you over 9000 downloads for sure.

And this DBZ song parody is amazing.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
smyn just keeps getting better, and the future of smyn sounds way too cool.

thanks guys, you rock, great episode

btw...wait, um, i thought the tier list would be a shoe-in for discussion. oh wellz, maybe next episode.

And yes, i agree with Darkurai. Purple Pirate Peabird Planet is the name. If its too long, take off planet.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Nintendo announced the new DS: DSi.

I don't mean a new DS model. I mean a new DS. This thing has two touch screens, two cameras (wait why do we need two), and no GBA slot, making some current games (Guitar Hero DS for example) unusable, and some future games that will undoubtedly use both touch screens and cameras unusable on the old DS models. So Nintendo is releasing a new handheld.

But they're selling it as a new model to the DS. And its full potential isn't going to be utilized.

Also, it's even brighter than the DS Lite screen.

Some other things that Nintendo announced:

The DSi will assentially be a portable Wii. It will have built in web browser, "points" (like Wii Points), and a shop like the Wii Shop Channel.

A storage solution was announced: Nintendo will now allow you to download games and channels directly to the SD card and load them from there. About **** time.

"- a demo movie will come pre-installed on new Wiis called “What You Can Do With the Wii”. It will help new users to get online"

In Japan, when people first go online, they will soon get 500 Wii Points free.

Nintendo is re-releasing GameCube games to be played on the Wii.

Sin and Punishment 2 is coming to Wii.

Punch-Out is coming to Wii...****. I was hoping for Kid Icarus.

New Tales Series game announced for Wii.

Deception

Smash Ace
smyn just keeps getting better, and the future of smyn sounds way too cool.

thanks guys, you rock, great episode

btw...wait, um, i thought the tier list would be a shoe-in for discussion. oh wellz, maybe next episode.

And yes, i agree with Darkurai. Purple Pirate Peabird Planet is the name. If its too long, take off planet.
Really, I think the podcast been going downhill ever since Brawl was out in America. But if you guys want to keep worshiping these guys no matter what without thinking, be my guest. I'm done with this thing, last night proved that this show is not worth the time to listen to anymore.

And no flaming me, there's enough hate in this world because people can't get along.

Top Bottom