• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Here's more reason to possibly be disappointed with Nintendo! According to Jeff Gerstmann, according to Miyamoto, Super Mario Galaxy, one of the two (three, maybe) big titles from the press conference, was originally meant as, possibly, not a full game.

Originally started as a SMG 1.5, but had too many ideas, blew up into full sequel. Some areas from.the first game will appear in remix form.
Also, the last part of that quote might explain why some of the music in the trailer sounded really similar to Good Egg Galaxy.

Also, also, Youko, why did only the Sony vlog have a left audio channel? The other two are, like, only the robot army for people who only have a right headphone. :(

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Also, also, Youko, why did only the Sony vlog have a left audio channel? The other two are, like, only the robot army for people who only have a right headphone. :(
I kept making audio mistakes in those videos to rush them out. **** me, right?

Microsoft had left-channel only.
Nintendo started with left-channel, but about a minute in, switched to stereo.
Sony had stereo.

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
I kept making audio mistakes in those videos to rush them out. **** me, right?

Microsoft had left-channel only.
Nintendo started with left-channel, but about a minute in, switched to stereo.
Sony had stereo.
Oh, so that's what it was. I thought my speakers were going haywire. :dizzy:

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Man. This year Nintendo's E3 was way better than last year's, but it still pretty much sucked ***. And that about sums up Nintendo. I mean, really. New SMB Wii looks fun, but it looks no different than the first one, 4-players aside. And it's gonna be full-price? BULL****! The only reason I'm buying Galaxy 2 is Yoshi, and that's about it. Metroid: The Other M is the one good big thing Nintendo unveiled, which I can happily say I will buy without hesitation. It's Team Ninja! Everything else was either mildly interesting, or plain old meh to me. Don't kill me, but Kingdom Hearts and Golden Sun didn't interest me. I haven't played those franchises. Yet. I'm not even gonna bother with Cammie's girly crap and that Vitality Sensor. Everyone's reaction was pretty much unanimous: BOO!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I had an idea that would make The Other M purely orgasmic.

Imagine if they got Orson Scott Card to do the story for it.

Too awesome <3

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo wasn't as bad as last year, but they still have a long way to go.

That being said, I'm very much happy with the announcements of Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M. And several third-party games announced.

As or the Nintendo hate, understandable but come on. You should be used to this by now: Nintendo makes something amazing, falls behind and then attempts a comeback later on.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
But there was no Bowser hack and slash game! Wait until that happens to have him on again! jk

Edit: OMG! 100th post! And I wasted it on something like this! Nuuuuuuu!

Alright, how can I make this post epic....

Yay!

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Hahaha, that IS a good idea. Especially since one of those Mario games has Gimpy in a starring role.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
This post by MALKON2 on Nsider sums up my opinions about Nintendo now and people who say they didn't get what they wanted:

Could Wii be entering a new golden era of Nintendo never before witnessed since the SNES?
The amount of quality games hitting the Wii this year made Nintendo look very well.

I honestly can't believe that people said that this year at e3 was disappointing. Its not because they didn't show enought mature games, it was simply because the lack of Zelda footage. Obviously 2 Marios, a new Metroid franchise, new wii peripheral, and a plethora of sequels and new series. They even gave a a concept art pic of Zelda! That is a different topic.

With the amount of solid titles being launched that are not ps2 ports or mini games, are Wii entering a new golden era of games?

Honestly! They announced about a 1000 dollars worth of new software for the year. If you spend that much on games alone in one year(no console) and you aren't satisfied, then you obviously need to re-assess your life because you have an addiction to video games. First step is admitting you have a problem.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
AHEM.

There are several things wrong with this guy (MALKON2)'s post. Allow me to elaborate.

on Nsider
...OK, I kid, I kid. It would have been worse if it was Gamefaqs.

The amount of quality games hitting the Wii this year made Nintendo look very well.
Proper English is vital if you want to be taken seriously. I'm not kidding, I almost stopped reading after this.

Its not because they didn't show enought mature games, it was simply because the lack of Zelda footage. Obviously 2 Marios, a new Metroid franchise, new wii peripheral, and a plethora of sequels and new series. They even gave a a concept art pic of Zelda! That is a different topic.
All right, let's NOT mention how Nintendo thought it wasn't a good idea to even MENTION Zelda in their conference. Not even "here's something we're cooking up." No, it took a roundtable by a swine-flu-frenzy-barred Miyamoto to divulge this secret. The two Marios are QUESTIONABLE ports or sequels. The Metroid, yes, is unbelievably great - I think there were two Nintendo conferences - Other M announcement and EVERYTHING ELSE. But EXCUSE ME?? He lists a new Wii peripheral as a great thing? That's just absurd, I'm sorry.

Honestly! They announced about a 1000 dollars worth of new software for the year. If you spend that much on games alone in one year(no console) and you aren't satisfied, then you obviously need to re-assess your life because you have an addiction to video games. First step is admitting you have a problem.
This last paragraph was just completely moronic because the point he was trying to make was not tightly structured or supported. Did he even consider that some of us haven't actually purchased a Nintendo game in quite some time and this press conference didn't really change that decision?

On a completely different note, I've uploaded a new Youtube video and it should be in the processing phase by now. I think you guys will enjoy it.

EDIT: Scratch that, it will be a bit more because Youtube's going to be a jerk about me using Walk This Way for a total of a minute in the eight-minute vid, thus muting the entire video.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
AHEM.

There are several things wrong with this guy (MALKON2)'s post. Allow me to elaborate.

...OK, I kid, I kid. It would have been worse if it was Gamefaqs.

Proper English is vital if you want to be taken seriously. I'm not kidding, I almost stopped reading after this.

All right, let's NOT mention how Nintendo thought it wasn't a good idea to even MENTION Zelda in their conference. Not even "here's something we're cooking up." No, it took a roundtable by a swine-flu-frenzy-barred Miyamoto to divulge this secret. The two Marios are QUESTIONABLE ports or sequels. The Metroid, yes, is unbelievably great - I think there were two Nintendo conferences - Other M announcement and EVERYTHING ELSE. But EXCUSE ME?? He lists a new Wii peripheral as a great thing? That's just absurd, I'm sorry.

This last paragraph was just completely moronic because the point he was trying to make was not tightly structured or supported. Did he even consider that some of us haven't actually purchased a Nintendo game in quite some time and this press conference didn't really change that decision?

On a completely different note, I've uploaded a new Youtube video and it should be in the processing phase by now. I think you guys will enjoy it.

EDIT: Scratch that, it will be a bit more because Youtube's going to be a jerk about me using Walk This Way for a total of a minute in the eight-minute vid, thus muting the entire video.
Nice place. Could use some cleaning though.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
how often do you guys clean?

And why is the JAck Daniels missing?!!
Um, not too often. We're men. Most men don't clean unless it's uninhabitable. Also, whiskey is kinda gross. But Judge had left a couple flasks in all that mess.

Anyway, about this game called...Brawl? With all this free time on my hands, I guess I'm picking up Brawl again. Not really for going to tournaments to place, make it huge, and all that. To dominate friends is always a fun excuse though, right?

However, this means I need to have a main and secondary. Major points to those who can guess who I'm picking up, aka who my supposed best characters are at the moment according to Panda.

On the podcast front...I guess we'll try to make part 2 pretty soon before E3 gets out of style. Hopefully we'll even have some exciting podcast-related news when we make it.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I was playing it earlier. It's really improved since the last version. By the way, does the announcer kinda sound like Egoraptor or is it just me?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Naruto's down-b irritated me at first... until I realized that it forms one of the best edgeguards so far.
actually, I think Rasengan was more effective as an edgeguard. his FS was pretty overpowered(especially his down-B) but his attacks are slow, so yeah he is pretty balanced.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
actually, I think Rasengan was more effective as an edgeguard. his FS was pretty overpowered(especially his down-B) but his attacks are slow, so yeah he is pretty balanced.
This is true. I don't think a single cpu managed to get by that attack when used over the edge. And a lot of Naruto's moves reminded me of Solid Snake. His u-air, n-air, and f-air are almost exactly the same as his.

Top Bottom