• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Darkurai

Smash Master
I don't think editing out the tangents are the thing.... Like... how does it hurt LEAVING them? I think the thing is they don't want to be RECORDING for that long.
Indeed. If anything, editing out the tangents will hurt the podcast. People love tangents, and editing them out doesn't cut down the actual recording time, so I say leave them in when they happen.

I'm still thinking up my ideas for what SMYN could be though, so don't ask me just yet.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
just listened to the last episode and...i was right. it was pretty much just a nintendo bashing session. *sigh* well i already said the reasons why i was happy with nintendo so i won do that again.

It seems to me that you two are just so unhappy with nintendo at the moment that you refuse to acknowledge any good that they do. Like in this podcast, you focused almost entirely on the bad and very little on the good.

oh well still fun to listen to and i learned about Scribblenauts

Darkurai

Smash Master
just listened to the last episode and...i was right. it was pretty much just a nintendo bashing session. *sigh* well i already said the reasons why i was happy with nintendo so i won do that again.

It seems to me that you two are just so unhappy with nintendo at the moment that you refuse to acknowledge any good that they do. Like in this podcast, you focused almost entirely on the bad and very little on the good.

oh well still fun to listen to and i learned about Scribblenauts
What exactly was the "good" from Nintendo besides Other M?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
C'mon, JGV, you know that Nintendo had TWO press conferences: Other M and everything else. I'm just going to hope and pray that you don't think Nintendo WON E3, because if so, you are lost to the naive fanboy demographic.

I still think the strongest anti-Nintendo point remaining from E3 is why Nintendo had to let Miyamoto show the concept art in a roundtable after he was free from his swine flu-panic quarantine. Sometimes, when you think Nintendo knows how to run a press conference, they go and handle something like that so poorly.

If you're shooting for a half-hour format, you could try something simple like a "Past, Present, Future" type of thing.

Past being a section for quick game reviews. You could give a quick review about games that have come out with a simple rating system. If no games have come out that you've played then you could go into some retro games.

Present is the section with the most flexibility. You could discuss things like recent news, games you are currently playing, or other things not related to games such as movies/TV.

With the future portion you could discuss upcoming releases for games. You could probably cap the episode off with a mail time.

Also, you could just edit around the Panda rants/tangents, which would take some time but would make for a tighter show all around. Maybe you could offer two versions, edited and unedited. Just some ideas.
YES YES YES. This is the missing piece to my strongest front-runner of a new SMYN idea. All that needs to be done is run it by Panda and if he agrees, start fleshing it out.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
My argument for editing out the tangents are simply to make SMYN more accessible to a new audience. Newer audience members who don't know Panda might not get or appreciate the charm that the tangents bring. There could always be a bumper saying if you want to hear the full version go here.

By offering two versions you would satisfy both parties: the people who want to hear Youko and Panda shooting the **** and the new people who want information. Like you said, it's not like it would affect the recording process at all, so what would it hurt? It's all about time. If they are trying for a half-hour/hour show there will be need for some editing anyways. I understand editing is a lengthy process, but if any help is needed, I'm sure that some of the community would more then likely offer their services.

Consider this me offering.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I listened to the episode recently.

Woooooow, Nintendo bashing.

In my opinion, while Nintendo redeemed themselves in my eyes from last year's press conference, they didn't win E3.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
C'mon, JGV, you know that Nintendo had TWO press conferences: Other M and everything else. I'm just going to hope and pray that you don't think Nintendo WON E3, because if so, you are lost to the naive fanboy demographic.
Oh no NO not at all. Nintendo by far lost E3. But come on, compare this years confrence (along with everything else we've seen from them at E3) and it was SOOOOooo much better. Other M was awesomesouce on a stick. as for everything else, I loved Mario galaxy so I'm going to love Mario Galaxy 2. I'm syched for the new super mario bros game. I'm even excited for the Wii Fit plus and Wii Sports resort. (make fun of me all you want.)

Then there's all the third party games. The Conduit, The Grinder, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2...we're getting games and i'm happy about that.

EDIT: in regards to Miyamoto, I'm just happy they told us SOMETHING! even if it wasn't at the conference

I guess I'm just a little mad that you guys made this years E3 out to be no more better than last years for Nintendo. I'n my opinion, it was significant;y better and because of that, I'm happy.

Darkurai

Smash Master
If I may
Oh no NO not at all. Nintendo by far lost E3. But come on, compare this years confrence (along with everything else we've seen from them at E3) and it was SOOOOooo much better.
Mud on your couch is better than **** on your couch, but that doesn't mean the mud is good.

Other M was awesomesouce on a stick.
Hell yes.

as for everything else, I loved Mario galaxy so I'm going to love Mario Galaxy 2. I'm syched for the new super mario bros game. I'm even excited for the Wii Fit plus and Wii Sports resort. (make fun of me all you want.)
Wii Sports Resort looks cool, I'll definitely give you that. But Mario Galaxy 2 actually looks more like Mario Galaxy 1.5, imo. New Super Mario Bros. Wii does not belong a retail game for the Wii; it's not worth that much money. As for Wii Fit...ugh.

Then there's all the third party games. The Conduit, The Grinder, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2...we're getting games and i'm happy about that.
Note that absolutely none of these were shown in Nintendo's E3 stuff, with the exception of The Conduit. As for The Conduit, that exact trailer was released to the public at least a week before.

EDIT: in regards to Miyamoto, I'm just happy they told us SOMETHING! even if it wasn't at the conference
I agree with what Youko and Panda said on the podcast. "Oh **** they don't like it. Quick! Give them something awesome!"

I don't think concept art is going to be worth much. It tells us almost nothing and is highly subject to change from now until the next time we see anything on it.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
If I may

Mud on your couch is better than **** on your couch, but that doesn't mean the mud is good.

Note that absolutely none of these were shown in Nintendo's E3 stuff, with the exception of The Conduit. As for The Conduit, that exact trailer was released to the public at least a week before.

I don't think concept art is going to be worth much. It tells us almost nothing and is highly subject to change from now until the next time we see anything on it.
Yeah but I didn't think it was mud. But hey, who am I to tell people what they should and should not like?

Red steel 2 was on the floor and had demos with people. So was No More Heroes 2 i think. And the Grinder was announced around the same time so I'm throwing that into the mix. (Which is probably what Nintendo Figured.)

Well at least the concept art is SOMETHING. We now have the knowledge that there will be a new Zelda...thats NOT spirit Tracks..

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to listen to the latest podcast but I'm hoping they said SOMETHING positive about Scribblenauts. Here's hoping that Miyamoto is in it so I can give him a shotgun to kill Cammie Dunaway.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I finally watched some of the Scribblenauts demos and they really are insane. I can't wait! Mario Galaxy 2 will be awesome too, even if it is more of an extension.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I have yet to listen to the latest podcast but I'm hoping they said SOMETHING positive about Scribblenauts. Here's hoping that Miyamoto is in it so I can give him a shotgun to kill Cammie Dunaway.
They gave unending praise to Scribblenauts.

Really, the worst I've heard anyone say about this game is that GameTrailers is unsure if it's going to have substance; which is of course ridiculous, especially considering in the same video they said that DJ HERO was the best Nintendo-system game of E3.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
From the pt 8 Youtube video, a comment:

"It's vain to convince them otherwise because they are FANBOYS and hate Nintendo. They will never cut them ANY breaks and look for reasons to bash their games (but never to MS/Sony). Their podcasting seems very much made to attack Nintendo and those crappy discussions piss me off because they have NOTHING good to say about Nintendo and make Nintendo fans feel horrible when listening to this horrible atrocity of a audio show."

If any of you fans here share these sentiments to this extreme, then GTFO. People like this need to stop being naive - nothing in this world is all good and happy sunshines. There are always negative sides to things, some more than others.

We LOVED how Other M looked. We nerdgasmed over Scribblenauts. But to say that Show Me Your News was "made to attack Nintendo" is possibly the most ridiculous argument ever conceived, when the podcast was initially MADE FOR a Nintendo game.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Tell that person that you are only harsh and expect a lot from Nintendo because you love their games so much and you know what they are capable of. That's what you said on the podcast and i think it is very true.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This is true. This is very true.

However, if they had listened to the "horrible atrocity of a audio show" up until that point, they should have at least listened to the rest of it. I shouldn't have to tell them our Nintendo rationale if it was in the episode itself, is what I'm trying to say.

Darkurai

Smash Master
But to say that Show Me Your News was "made to attack Nintendo" is possibly the most ridiculous argument ever conceived, when the podcast was initially MADE FOR a Nintendo game.
Obviously this was a ploy to throw us off.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Anybody tried Wii MotionPlus yet? I'm about to give it a go later today with Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods 10 and I'm wondering what your initial impressions are so far.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Anybody tried Wii MotionPlus yet? I'm about to give it a go later today with Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods 10 and I'm wondering what your initial impressions are so far.
I own two Wii Motion Pluses, but I don't actually have any games compatible with it.

My mom bought one for me and one for my sister, neglecting the fact that Wii Sports Resort will come with a Motion Plus.

EDIT: ATTENTION EVERYONE AN IMPORTANT DISCOVERY HAS BEEN MADE

The bushes....

They're just recolored clouds.

Additionally, several Mario games after the first one didn't actually happen.

As we all know, Mario 2 was just a dream.

This link reveals a shocking truth concerning Mario 3. It was all a stage show.

This explains why the Koopa Kids are hardly in any games nowadays. They're all actors.

And

Yoshi's Island was colored entirely with crayon. It was a coloring book.

Moozle

Smash Champion
lolz Paula Creamer.

After hearing what they had to say, I think motion plus would make even wii sports a lot more fun. It gets so boring so fast the way it is right now, and if the motion plus brings actual technique to it it is definitely more fun in my eyes. Thanks for posting that video, those guys were hilarious lol.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
So far, I don't plan on getting motion-plus until red steel 2, which is still far off.

That being said, I can't help you much. Sorry.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The Conduit.

Holy **** The Conduit.

Amazing.

The levels are long though. Though it's probably because I stop at every radio and listen to all six transmissions. I have literally stopped in the middle of a level several times and sat there for ten minutes listening to the radio.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hey dark does the Conduit have split screen or lan?
No local multiplayer. Wi-Fi only. Sadly. I wanted to force my sister to play it with me. Oh well. Online means I'll always have someone to play with.

Someone drop me their friend code if they have the game. Mine's 3609-8817-1746.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Played The Conduit. Pretty favorable impressions - I'll get into more detail later.

On Stickam at the moment recording some guitar...

Expect Wii Sports Resort on there later today.

EDIT:
Scratch that. Random games on Stickam now.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Awww, my Bandit Keith gif turned into a TV Tropes Wiki gif. No fair.

Elaborate please.
Basically, you should ask him if you have any questions about anything Homebrew-related. He's that good.

Hm, will I get around to making a teaser video later tonight about the future of SMYN? Maybe.

Top Bottom