• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show of hands

What will you do if MK gets banned?

• Total voters

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What will you guys do if MK gets banned?

I've been hearing a bunch of talk about him getting banned, and it's got me a little worried. :ohwell:

Idk what I'll do. I love my community but I don't see any reason to enter if MK gets banned. Sure, I could always go to my secondary (Wario) but what's the point?

We's livin' in scurry times :(

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm undecided atm. leaning towards quit, it'd be a different story if it had actually happened a year ago but by now I have so much time invested into MK that it just seems pointless to go on afterward, might as well just get into a new game.

I really don't think he's going to be banned though.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm undecided atm. leaning towards quit, it'd be a different story if it had actually happened a year ago but by now I have so much time invested into MK that it just seems pointless to go on afterward, might as well just get into a new game.

I really don't think he's going to be banned though.
I don't think he's going to be banned either.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
People are too whiny about the ban. The easiest and most simple thing is for people to host Meta banned Tournaments as well as the SBR tournaments. It satisfies the scrubs and the people who want to get better.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
People are too whiny about the ban. The easiest and most simple thing is for people to host Meta banned Tournaments as well as the SBR tournaments. It satisfies the scrubs and the people who want to get better.
This is a good idea.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
We already do that here in Houston. Lol, our TO (Xyro) is a HUGE Pro-ban TO/player, and has held 4-5 MK banned HOBOs (if you don't know this tourney series, go look it up, they're pretty popular). He hates on me just because I main MK. Just because it's MK and he thinks he's too good for this game.

Don't think that I'm whining about MK being banned or possibly banned, because I'm not. I didn't go off and make a rage blog on AiB like M2K did (even though it was all true).

I just want to find out what will happen to the MK community if he gets banned. I personally do not think he will get banned, it's just all this current talk about the matter has me curious and semi-worried.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
I just want to find out what will happen to the MK community if he gets banned. I personally do not think he will get banned, it's just all this current talk about the matter has me curious and semi-worried.
I don't. People might take that as an incentive to KEEP him banned. And that's not what I want.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
if mk gets banned im dropping yellow kirby for blue kirby in honor of him.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I'm a hypocrite. I want MK banned, yet I co-main him with Jiggs. Considering how I am inactive and suck, I would not quit.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
He won't get banned. And if he does, I will think everyone is stupid and I'll quit.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Why would you quit, because the problem has been erased?

also 26-9. :D let's get going lol

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i know 1234123534214312x more about mk than anyone else
i dont have time to learn **** near everything about another character because of work and school
id quit and go back to mmos if meta gets banned for the same reason as zozefup

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
We already do that here in Houston. Lol, our TO (Xyro) is a HUGE Pro-ban TO/player, and has held 4-5 MK banned HOBOs (if you don't know this tourney series, go look it up, they're pretty popular). He hates on me just because I main MK. Just because it's MK and he thinks he's too good for this game.

Don't think that I'm whining about MK being banned or possibly banned, because I'm not. I didn't go off and make a rage blog on AiB like M2K did (even though it was all true).

I was talking more about the people who complain about Meta Knight. Of course I know about HOBO. Believe me, except for those on the top, everyone below will hate you for maining Meta Knight.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I was talking more about the people who complain about Meta Knight. Of course I know about HOBO. Believe me, except for those on the top, everyone below will hate you for maining Meta Knight.
Ahh okay, and yeah people hate because I main MK but **** 'em. I love MK and his style.

Being the only viable rush down character, he appeals to me. Otherwise I'll have to camp my *** of just to win, and that's no fun.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
It's noobs like you that would/want to ban an un-ban worthy character that would make me quit.
It's pro's like you that use a quite blatantly broken character but preach otherwise than lead many people to pursue different games rather than joining in the mk infestation.

With Mk banned, plenty of alternate "rushdown" characters become viable. Mk prevents them atm.

GoldDigger

Smash Rookie
Why don't we ban Diddy? ADHD is winning all the tournaments because he uses a broken character.

It's pro's like you that use a quite blatantly broken character but preach otherwise than lead many people to pursue different games rather than joining in the mk infestation.
We can't know what would happen to the MK unless we actually did it. I think we would lose way more players by banning MK then we would gain.

In fact, I think it would completely destroy the brawl competitive scene. People would boycott tournaments where MK is banned, and others would boycott where he is allowed. The community would be split up and they would never see or play against the other. People who are indifferent on the issue would get annoyed with the smaller tournament scenes and the drama. They would switch to a new game. And eventually... everyone would quit brawl.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
With Mk banned, plenty of alternate "rushdown" characters become viable. Mk prevents them atm.
With D3s infinite on DK banned DK becomes viable.

That doesn't mean we should ban D3s infinite.

etecoon

Smash Hero
rushdown characters will never be great in brawl, MK can't even really all out agro good characters, it's about zoning and playing safe

also marth, D3, and ROB are the only semi-viable characters that MK prevents from being really viable, and DDD and ROB have other hard counters. marth is the only character that becomes a viable alternative for aggressive play that isn't already viable.

etecoon

Smash Hero
olimar is questionable, I don't think toon link or peach would be very viable without MK either...definitely not peach IMO

even if they were all to be viable that still doesn't dispel my main point which is that it doesn't affect the campiness of the game, these characters are still strongly based in defensive play

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Mk is by far peaches worst matchup. Lot's of people become more viable if mk is forgotten.

I strongly doubt that if mk was banned the competitive scene would be destroyed, quite the reverse.

Either way it would be interesting to see what would happen.

Also why shouldn't you ban the infinite? i doubt the game designers put it in on purpose ban the ic's chain grabs while your at it.

Basically take out all of brawl gayness, your lucky i'm not in power i would ruin this game for everyone.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Also why shouldn't you ban the infinite? i doubt the game designers put it in on purpose ban the ic's chain grabs while your at it.
I doubt the game designers meant for Gannon's Dair lag to be auto canceled. Gannon should be banned too.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Mk is by far peaches worst matchup. Lot's of people become more viable if mk is forgotten.

I strongly doubt that if mk was banned the competitive scene would be destroyed, quite the reverse.

Basically take out all of brawl gayness, your lucky i'm not in power i would ruin this game for everyone.
LOL we are lucky you're not in power because you'd **** everything to up to bits.

MK as Peach's worst match up? Are you daft? Have you ever heard of SNAKE?!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I do not care what the Peach boards say, they're stupid. I play with a very good Peach all the time that knows a lot about this game. MK does not have the options that Snake has.

Peach cannot do anything about Snakes utilt.
She can't out camp him.
She can't kill him.
She dies off the top very easily, and with utilt being her bane in this match up, hurpa derp.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Mindset of not wanting a dominant character is not wanted.

Whine whine whine whine

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK is peaches worst matchup, but you're still seriously deluding yourself if you think she's suddenly a great character without him.

etecoon

Smash Hero
peach can combo snake really well to make up for some of the insane KO % differential(I consistently live to 200%ish against peaches as snake...), she can't outcamp him and she can have difficulty even getting within the same area code as him though. it's not as advantageous as MK or marth but it's solidly in snake's favor

etecoon

Smash Hero
I told you that the fact that I've already posted serious stuff in this topic kinda makes it hard for me to troll it<_< too much of a 180 lol

Top Bottom