• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 3: Nostalgic Smash - LIVESTREAM IS UP! - WC USA ATTENDANCE

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Alright reachin with Snow Shard, Cr0wbaR and myself. Don't think anyone else is coming, but if someone else is down I'll let you know.

And I know pools take forever and such but I personally really like them. I'd be totally down for pools.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Starting to feel better. I think it was just that KFC from Tuesday wreaking havoc on me.

Knew I'd regret that.

So probably making it after all.

Oh also since this is just a gimmick MK legal tourney I'll be taking full advantage of that :troll:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nah.

I hate playing as MK.

I'll MM you with my main though.

I'm doing this purely as an experiment.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Skyler MM me!

But nah, I'm just kidding. Maybe when I have steady work I'll MM people.

Or y'know, just play friendlies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Recording setup?

Oshi

I should actually practice 64 then.

Haven't touched it in weeks.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
leaving for work then dtown right after, ill be here by 11 so tin pay in advance just incase im dont make registration, should be fine though

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The BBR-RC is happy to announce the new Experimental Unity Ruleset System! This new system will allow TOs that follow the Unity Ruleset to run tourneys with slight alterations, while still retaining the full benefits of a regular Unity Ruleset tourney! These tourneys will be used as a means of gathering data on the slight ruleset alternations. The Experimental Unity Ruleset System will be active until December 31st, 2011. We will then take a short break of 1-2 months to analyze all data and make any potential changes, then re-open Experimental Rulesets to everyone after a month or two.

The BBR-RC acknowledges that it is rather difficult to test out different rules when there is a universal ruleset that most tourneys use. This system would help remedy that flaw. Want to run an MK banned tourney while still using Unity Ruleset? This system would allow that! Think Norfair should be legal and want to test it out? Then this system is for you!

Procedure

1. You must PM one of the following BBR-RC members that you wish your tourney to be accepted as an Experimental Unity Ruleset: Bizkit, Chibo, Player-1, Technical Chase, or Tin Man.
2. State what rule alternation(s) you wish for your tourney to use in the PM.
3. Make sure your tourney threads & pages state that you are using an Experimental Unity Ruleset after the BBR-RC member permits your tourney to use the altered ruleset.
4. After the tourney, PM the same BBR-RC member with the results of your tourney and any information or data you have written down or remember.

Notes

- This system requires that the BBR-RC gives your tourney permission to use an Experiemental Unity Ruleset. Because of this, your ruleset alterations must have valid intentions, and you must be willing to collect data based on your ruleset alterations. The data you will be expected to collect will be in your approval PM.
- Do not alter too many rules at once. For example, there is no point in banning MK and then banning Rainbow and Brinstar at the same tourney, as that would not give us any helpful results.
- This system is not a way of dodging Unity Ruleset because you do not like one or two rules. We will be keeping track of all of the TOs and tourneys that run the rulesets. If a TO is trying to abuse the system, they will no longer be permitted to use it.

Suggested Ruleset Testing

Metaknight Banned
Brinstar and/or Rainbow Cruise Banned
2 or 1 stock matches with a different timer
5-9 stage starter lists
2 Stage Bans
Testing any of the following stages: Jungle Japes, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Green Greens, Port Town, Onett, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Luigi's Mansion, and Distant Planet

So Tin will this affect anything at this tournament?
Such as more legal stages pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
leaving for work then dtown right after, ill be here by 11 so tin pay in advance just incase im dont make registration, should be fine though
np bro :bee:

Yeah tin I'll be arriving just before 2pm don't start that 64 without me!

:phone:
I got you dawg. Bring yo boi J-Man

[/COLOR]

So Tin will this affect anything at this tournament?
Such as more legal stages pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
It won't affect this tourney, but showing up to this tourney and playing Brawl singles will give you a say in the ruleset for the next tourney :awesome:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Not even a simple change to the number of starters?

Dawww,

But having a say in the ruleset? You bet I'll be there.

Also I need to talk to you about that whole MK banned series I'm planning.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oooh I can't wait.

Infinites are banned?

Wait

awww

I just realized banned infinites aren't in that experiment post.

awwwwwwwwwwww...

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Infinite. Can't go past 300%.
Wall Infinite. Only happens on stages with walls, doesn't last forever, not an infinite.
No use in banning them if they aren't true.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I know it's last minute but our trio was lookin to change up the dubs teams for tomorrow, so if anyone needs a dubs teammate I might be down.

I can also bring a Wii + Brawl. Unfortunately I don't have the extended replay hack yet, but it's better than nothing.

Patches

Smash Master
Good luck to err' one.

Ill be home. Sleeping. (: stayed up till 5. Workeing now till 3. ****ing oprty hard. Gta, where you at? do you got bands playing in your living room? Do you got moshing go down in your living room? **** naw. Step your game up.

Ps. Still ****ing drunk. \m/

:phone:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
1. me
2. tin
3. hype
4.poke
5.cruxis/i1337

i 3-0d tin twice, tin beat hype 2-0 and then 3-1 in losers

Gichan

Smash Champion
I left my ****ing SD card there...it's a blue 1GB Norcent SD card, I reeeaalllllyyy need that! If anyone has it or seen it, please, PLEASE give it back. I'll even pay you if I have to.

Top Bottom