• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 6: IMPULSE Prep - Side event decided! LOW TIERS

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So a few updates:

I'm closing the facebook poll tonight at midnight EST.

Whatever is voted on the most is guaranteed to happen. However if there are at least 10 WII'S FROM THE COMMUNITY AT THIS TOURNEY, I WILL RUN SINGLES & DOUBLES LOW TIERS AND REGULAR SINGLES POOLS!!!

We're almost there, we need 2 more (+ we need them to actually be at the tourney...)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bluh.

I mean no low tiers wouldn't change me coming, I just wouldn't enter anything.

Also managed to pull strings, got the day off, so I'll have my Wii.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Tin if you get to be anal about your name, I get to be anal about mine. There's a 7 there :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, missed that thing V. Riivolution, to my knowledge, is compatible with:
SD cards between 32 MB and 2 GB
SDHC cards between 4 GB and 32 GB
SDXC cards between 64 GB and whatever the hell they make nowadays. Unless it's more than 256 GB. At which point I don't think the Wii can read it at all.

It can also replace numerous things that Gecko's FRC can't, like smashbros_sound.brsar - which contains the game's sound effects - and in-game movies, such as the opening.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
op said:
12:00 pm: Low Tier Doubles
1:00 pm: Low Tier Singles
3:00 pm: Doubles Bracket
5:00 pm: Singles Pools
8:00 pm: Singles Bracket
As exciting as it sounds, running 4 brackets plus pools seems like a LOT, tbh

I'd be willing to sacrifice pools, or one of the two side events to get singles bracket started sooner
If singles bracket runs more than 3-4 hours I won't even be able to catch the latest train home :/

edit: if you are removing something, LT doubles seems like best idea since nobody has really coordinated last-minute partners for it

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
how many CRTs does A&C actually have? o_O

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't you think it would make more sense to put regular singles and doubles before LT? That way if things end up running longer than expected you can just cut out LT singles and/or doubles.

The way it is now, if people take too long for LT then you'd have to cut out regular singles and/or doubles, and that'd suck. Or you'd have less entrants for them.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
You know there actually DOES seem to be a fair number of people who want both mid-tiers and low-tiers, what we could do is make one side event mid-tier singles and the other low-tier dubs to try to keep everyone happy because I know there's a mix of people that want both

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
WAIT MID-TIERS MEANS I CAN YOSHI.

AND NO STUPID BIRD.

Though... low tiers means I can Ganon without wanting to kill myself.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
swordgard lurkin

Still open for more MMs, people. I need money :(
twins, you up for a $20 MM? If $20's too much, how about $5?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL well then you could do both! Yoshi in mid-tier singles and Ganon in low tier dubs!
But... Wolf is a mid tier :c

Though at least he wins by doing Wolf stuff, not some stupid GR or CG bs like more than half the MUs in the game.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Gee I wonder why red x wants mid tier singles

:phone:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I really didn't, Tin.

Viewing tourney threads on a mobile is annoying.
Tru dat.

Tin if you get to be anal about your name, I get to be anal about mine. There's a 7 there :p
Call it w/e you want bro :p. I'll respect ur wishes tho :).

As exciting as it sounds, running 4 brackets plus pools seems like a LOT, tbh

I'd be willing to sacrifice pools, or one of the two side events to get singles bracket started sooner
If singles bracket runs more than 3-4 hours I won't even be able to catch the latest train home :/

edit: if you are removing something, LT doubles seems like best idea since nobody has really coordinated last-minute partners for it
Well LT doubles I expect to be small (say 5 or 6 teams at most). Should be easy to clean up.

As for singles, given at least 10 setups and what's looking like a top 16 bracket (so top 2 out of each pool) seams reasonable for it to finish at 12am.

I know it seems like I'm pushing myself but I've talked to members of the IMPULSE team for help, and + I believe that SiD 5 ran rather well that event was STACKED lol.

how many CRTs does A&C actually have? o_O
enough ;)

Don't you think it would make more sense to put regular singles and doubles before LT? That way if things end up running longer than expected you can just cut out LT singles and/or doubles.

The way it is now, if people take too long for LT then you'd have to cut out regular singles and/or doubles, and that'd suck. Or you'd have less entrants for them.
This sounds mad legit. Perhaps I could make it:

1. Regular Doubles
2. Regular Singles
3. Low Tier Dubles (something on stream while most ppl can prolly take a break)
4. Singles bracket
5. Low Tie Singles

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Who are we talking about?

Edit: Referring to this.
But... Wolf is a mid tier

Though at least he wins by doing Wolf stuff, not some stupid GR or CG bs like more than half the MUs in the game.
VVV

Lol shutup Tin. There's nothing to eat so I have to go buy something from Tim Hortons. Hurray for Tim Hortons being a 1 minute walking distance from your house.

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
oh also you said low tier singles 10 (5 per person)
cwhatudidthar?

edit: Before i forget i might have to leave at like 8ish? soo hopefully this thing runs smoothly!

Patches

Smash Master
heres my deal guys. ANYONE WHO I AM MMing:

As I've stated, I've had to drop $100 on my meds, + $70 for my train tickets for this. So cash is tight for me right now. If we have a MM, come up to me AT the tournament, and we can do it, however, I can only do it for like... $2, no higher. If not, chances are it probably will have to be postponed to the next tournament.

edit: Just called my bank. Funds are tighter than I thought. XD sooo... any MMs I have will have to wait till the next tourney. Sorry guys. :p I'm still down to play seriousies though! (:

Top Bottom