• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOWTIME! - Skullgirls Social

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'll have to wait for the patch for 360, but is good to hear Skullgirls is still alive.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://labzerogames.com/

So the patch is now out, I finally got it after waiting too damn long for it to download and...

Well I was never familiar enough with this game to understand how these changes will affect everything.

The IPS is stricter, so hopefully it will cut down on some of the "makes BlazBlue look quick" combos.

I like Ms. Fortune's Blue Mary color. :3

BrandX

Smash Ace
Well, it seems that for awhile, this thread has been a bit dead. Most people have seen me around, and thanks to GHNeko, I have finally dug this thread up!~

I think this is a good place for me to talk about SkullGirls~ (Obviously)

I hope that you guys can stop on by and discuss some good old SkullGirls with me~

As far as we all know, the donation drive has caused more hype for SkullGirls, and I feel we should all show more appreciation for it!

If you guys didn't know, Microsoft Xbox360 patch is almost ready, they are just waiting on the approval.

So you Xbox players are soon able to play the game!

If you got any questions about the game if you are new, or have some comments, fire away!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
360 patch has always been pending approval, small fixes needed, few people working (specially because they haven't been paid since March)... so yeah...
Regardless, I just hope to have it soon so I can play it how it is supposed to :D

That said, both Melee and SG are about to break 30K.
I personally have no idea who to support, while I have nothing against Melee as a game and would love to support Smash altogether, Skulgirls is one of the few Traditional Fighting games that I DO play (plus Blazblue, GuiltyGear, and a Rivalschools in an arcade nearby :awesome:), and would be great to have it up there...
Why can't both win? :C

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because Cross Tekken.

That's why.

If 2013 patch didn't happen, it wouldnt of gotten added again.

That being said, my biggest reason for not playing SG is mostly because of the 360 Patch.

I have the game on PS3, but I don't like playing the game on the PS3 for a bunch of trivial reasons. Kappa.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
They have so many games with Ryu in them, and TXSF isn't even considered good by a majority of the FGC (at least it wasn't last time I checked).
It makes me sad :c

BrandX

Smash Ace
They have so many games with Ryu in them, and TXSF isn't even considered good by a majority of the FGC (at least it wasn't last time I checked).
It makes me sad :c
I know your pain DX That game should of never came back to the main stage ;___;

Melee and SG's deserve it way more

Also about the Xbox patch, it should be ready soon cause they had to send it into M$ twice, due to them having to split it up into pieces (DAMN XBOX LIVE ARCADE UPLOAD LIMIT)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
TBH, I'm glad that SFXT has another shot at Evo. As for the other two games, it's hard to find one to root for. Even if I mostly play traditional FGs, I played Melee more (in the past) than I played SG. SG making it to main stage Evo though would be great, especially for Mike Z.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Any chance of this ever coming to Wii U eShop?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Depends on if Lab Zero can actually get the funds to be able to bring SG to the Wii U.

Since the Wii U is stronger than the PS3 and 360, it should be possible. but $$$$$ is still a big issue, that and there isnt any hard evidence that the game would return any investments made. :V

BrandX

Smash Ace
Yo guys, I'll be streaming some SkullGirls tonight. Probably around maybe 5:30PM PST to whenever I get tired.

Just me sitting back and playing some SkullGirls online. If you want to come and just watch me probably get bodied, then your welcome to join!

I'll post the link to my twitch when the stream is going to start (or you can click the link in my signature and just watch me)

Depends on if Lab Zero can actually get the funds to be able to bring SG to the Wii U.

Since the Wii U is stronger than the PS3 and 360, it should be possible. but $$$$$ is still a big issue, that and there isnt any hard evidence that the game would return any investments made. :V
Yes I agree. For now they should focus on it getting to PC and Xbox360 first. Then they should also get the game out in Japan (Japan really wants skullgirls lol)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Is the plan to have SG be on XBL/PSN in Japan or actual arcade cabs? Hopefully the latter.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
FINALLY some news on a PC release.

Looks like I'll be picking this up in 4-5 months.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Well we didn't win the donation drive;HOWEVER, we have gotten a great sneak peak!!!

Squiggly was revealed and she is basically almost complete!!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can't wait for Squigly to be released since I've been waiting for that extra content.
Too bad everyone's gonna start using her at the start, haha.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Can't wait for Squigly to be released since I've been waiting for that extra content.
Too bad everyone's gonna start using her at the start, haha.
You have no clue how long I've waited for this moment XD Seeing something new in the game blew my mind, it was so heart warming.

BrandX

Smash Ace
It seems that once squigly is done, then I'm guessing Umbrella is next since she was the next hyped one.

Personally, I want to see Big Band and Panzerfaust. I want to see some huge characters lol

BrandX

Smash Ace
Brand's Filia is painful T_T
Haha, you weren't bad yourself dude.

Your Filia gave me a run for my money lol

To be honest, I got a lot of those losses cause I was trying to run Filia/Parasoul XD and I have no clue how to run Parasoul yet.

EDIT: SkullGirls has been announced to be released in Japan HERE

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That page looks cool, needs more visuals, but as it is, it will be very useful.
Thank you for sharing!

BrandX

Smash Ace
So for those who don't know, Lab Zero is going to have a crowdfunding event on the 25th to help and get Squigly finally get finished. One of the things they announced was that for a stretch goal, they will be including the first male character. This character is confirmed to be Big Band.

It would be really awesome if you guys came out and helped us raise the money to get these characters made! The donation drive only lasts a month, so we need all the help we can get!

Big Band:

• Big Band, the gigantic iron lung wearing character from the Lab 8 stage is confirmed as the first Male Character stretch goal after Squigly.

• He will be a charge character with anti-air and command grabs.

• It was previously mentioned that MikeZ wanted to make Big Band play like Q from Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, "but good".

• He will be called サックスでか (Sax-Deka) in Japan. Deka is both a slang term for someone who is extremely tall and also for a police officer/detective. So his name is basically "Sax Detective". Peter Bartholow mentioned previously that this name was what Japanese fans started calling him before the game was released there and is thus a nod to them, and a nod to characters in fighting games having different names in different regions.

• If you select Big Band in a fight he won't appear in the backdrop for Lab 8.

Also if you haven't, come join SkullHeart for more SkullGirls goodness! It has grown immensely.

http://skullheart.com/forums/index.php?portal/

BrandX

Smash Ace
So everyone...our donation drive....has hit 100k..in one day...please spread the word lol

Top Bottom