• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk confirmed for Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Tom, I have some bad news for you.
Sorry if I don't trust a poorly made roster. I've seen better Photoshopping done by children. G&w's hand reaching into Wario's square, Wario's pic was from a snap shot of his trophy in the game, ganondof's was most likely the same or from the results screen. The placement of characters didn't make sense; dr Mario, dark pit, and lucina stick at the bottom for no reason, yoshi in the middle of the "Mario" characters. Think about it, why would sakurai place characters like that?
Not the delusional one or in denial. I merely look at what's placed before me and made my conclusion.

The full roster select screen is fake. Period.
The videos and other screen shots were used to make it.
You have a problem with Sakurai's decisions in the roster? Well golly I thought Brawl's release was 6 years ago.

Last edited:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Still don't think the leak is real. I am hoping Sakurai is going to disconfirm it soon. There's no way he would add Dr. Mario

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Tom, I have some bad news for you.

You have a problem with Sakurai's decisions in the roster? Well golly I thought Brawl's release was 6 years ago.
I don't have a problem with his roster I have a problem with the fake leaked roster picture. The placement on this"roster" do not follow his original suit of placing all the same franchise characters together.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with his roster I have a problem with the fake leaked roster picture. The placement on this"roster" do not follow his original suit of placing all the same franchise characters together.
The characters toward to the bottom are all clones of other characters. As opposed to Ganondorf, they do not have unique animations.

But I don't want Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. :(
"
"

Life goes on with a 45+3 clone-character roster. That's more than I was expecting, at the least.

Last edited:

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
That leak is pretty much confirmed. The shulk picture is the same as in the leak. Plus there's been hints at Dark Pit in the Palutena trailer. And Duck Hunt dog is just epic. Sad for Ice Climbers and the others that got bumped. Praying to the Master Hand that there's DLC

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Btw they made a Nintendo 3DS LL with a C stick which looks like the start button on the gamecube lol

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Heck, haven't played Xenoblade yet and still don't know anything about Shulk yet even I am excited about this.

A shame that we had to learn about it through a leak first instead of the official announcement. Oh well.

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
That leak is pretty much confirmed. The shulk picture is the same as in the leak. Plus there's been hints at Dark Pit in the Palutena trailer. And Duck Hunt dog is just epic. Sad for Ice Climbers and the others that got bumped. Praying to the Master Hand that there's DLC
hello https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU no one watched this did they

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
The characters toward to the bottom are all clones of other characters. As opposed to Ganondorf, they do not have unique animations.
Was dr mario next to mario in melee? What about falco and fox? Pichu and pikachu? Marth and Roy? You're just making up reasons to support in now

remember its an esrb demo it should be that way for esrb
Did we see the select screen in any of the gameplay video leaks?

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
Was dr mario next to mario in melee? What about falco and fox? Pichu and pikachu? Marth and Roy? You're just making up reasons to support in now

Did we see the select screen in any of the gameplay video leaks?
nope but for the ersb to understand they ordered it in a way that seems reasonable in the finale product everything is going to be grouped nicely

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Go on to express my excitement and gratitude for Shulk inclusion, only to find that 99% of the comments are people desperately"confirming" a painfully obvious leak for cheap credibility and short lived fame.

You know, someone always has to go playing Captain Hindsight.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I kinda expect Dr. Mario to be an Alt Skin. I expect Mewtew to either be the LAST announcement or not announced at all but unlocked as one of the secret characters.

It's cool that Shulk made it in. He's definitely popular enough so he deserves it. I like what Sakurai did with Monado Arts allowing Shulk to change his attributes in battle. It could make for some tricky sequences. And he's got a cool final smash canon to Xenoblade.

Plus, all those Cloud fans will be all over him lol

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
nope but for the ersb to understand they ordered it in a way that seems reasonable in the finale product everything is going to be grouped nicely
I think the clone characters would still be placed with their respective franchise, I think having then separate would be more confusing.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Mini direct that proves leak is true (in japanese)
There are ASPECTS of the leak that were confirmed. It's still entirely plausible that elements were faked or are as yet incomplete. Please stop spamming the youtube link, thanks.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I kinda expect Dr. Mario to be an Alt Skin. I expect Mewtew to either be the LAST announcement or not announced at all but unlocked as one of the secret characters.

It's cool that Shulk made it in. He's definitely popular enough so he deserves it. I like what Sakurai did with Monado Arts allowing Shulk to change his attributes in battle. It could make for some tricky sequences. And he's got a cool final smash canon to Xenoblade.

Plus, all those Cloud fans will be all over him lol
As a Cloud fan, I am still bummed about not getting Cloud. Not as bummed as not getting a Golden Sun rep, but still a little bit bummed.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well, then you need to look at:
url.jpg
SSBM_Starter_Characters.png

These don't look like the characters are in the same spot you know. Oh wait, that's because they aren't. Even in Melee and Brawl, characters have been confined to be in different places BEFORE ALL OF THEM ARE UNLOCKED!

Then take into consideration of the new upcoming roster, of which actually places the characters in separate parts. Maybe the characters might not be in the same place, for one of two reasons:

1) The roster is not fully unlocked, as indicated by how it's not square or rectangle like. In Melee and Brawl, the screen always has a rectangle selection. In the special case of Melee, both Random selects were on the bottom left and right, under where Falco and Young Link would be.

2) The roster in the upcoming game actually places clone characters away from the originals this time. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina's placements are a high factor in the fact that the three would most likely be clones of the originals, i.e. Mario, Pit and Marth. Since Lucina is confirmed a clone, this gives this more credibility and more reason.

Of course, both of these are reasonable explanations to a rather pointless argument of which I say, Tom, you need to stop being a man who doesn't like the roster.

dacheeko

Smash Rookie
well at least we know it offical now... but really we all knew he was in the game

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
its not a leak its nintendo talking about smash bros and im not trying to spam it im trying to get the message out there :smirk:
Link. I meant the YouTube LINK.
And in regards to whether or not you're spamming, may the mods have mercy on your mortal soul.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
As a Cloud fan, I am still bummed about not getting Cloud. Not as bummed as not getting a Golden Sun rep, but still a little bit bummed.
Ehhh getting Cloud in this game is like a child's dream, ya know? As much as I would personally love to see him in here, it's not really possible. I could see reps from the old games get in though such as Black Mage and Thief or even actual characters from the "before 7" such as Firion or Cecil. But again, I don't really think it would happen but those are more likely than Cloud.

At least you got Shulk... and fancy that one of his Arts is called Buster :awesome:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Shulk looks great... really liking all the different styles of fighters they are adding this time.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
No one has any right to be surprised about this...except the swimsuit costume, I mean.

We had VIDEO of Shulk being played, FFS. What other proof do you need?

Last edited:
Top Bottom