• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

I've been hearing around that ledge trapping might be a thing in Smash 4 so maybe using Monado jump might be better than using monado buster. It won't change our strategy anyway since both buster and jump reduce our defense

But it really depends if you want to play it safe or just do a good buster rush down

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I've learned a lot from watching people streaming and playing shulk. I've got some strategies planned for when to use certain arts. :)

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I can check them out, but does anyone know the quickest way to unlock them or is it just random? I haven't really focused at all on the custom moves.
Fastest way is just playing Smash Run with the character you want to unlock moves for. Just equip as many speed equipments as possible, run around looking for chests / doors and pick up everything and then repeat. Takes like 7-10 times from my experience.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
According to some guy on Neogaf that has been getting them quick it's through playing a lot of Smash run, although I hear Classic on 7.0 or above intensity is also a good way of doing it.

You also have a higher chance of getting unlocks for the character you are using then for any other character.
Sweet! I kind of guessed that about Smash Run and have unlocked all of the Down-B custom moves, one up-b and one standard B.... still no side b. :/

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Come on Monado Purge as a side B!

...I know it's not going to happen, but let me dream!

Zero went on a 3 game win streak with Shulk

Monado smash on 60-75's isn't a bad idea at all. Monado speed is actually more useful than just going against campers. Great for punishing also from a distance

O_O

Not sure if I saw that right.... But.... Shulk just KO'd mac with a delayed counter at 50% or something... I'm not sure but... Little mac is light so I think that may have been the reason

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Well, it's time to leave my post here. :shades:

I feel like Shulk is actually a really deep character; players not used to him seem to have issues with the modes, but once you get the hang of him, he just looks fantastic, and I'm super excited for him.

Until you can play Shulk (and the rest of Smash 4's cast), what will you do to until Smash comes out?
I still need to play through Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm not finished yet with New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Special World. And I also have to do the spotpass chapters in Fire Emblem Awakening. After I did that, nothing stands in Smash 4's way! :shades:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Cool, new social thread! I can't wait to discuss things.

Is there somebody with a demo code that I can use?

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
SO
Hey guys.
What's up.
Moving in to Colony Please-Go-On-A-Billion-Quests-So-We-Can-Make-A-Building.
And that Rainbow Slug, man.
I found one. Then used it for my collectepedia.
Not sure what to think about that.

I didn't even see this post but his experience is basically what I was guessing
iruchii said:
[Shulk]
Initially I was very underwhelmed with Shulk. He felt just like Brawl Ike to me, except he had a poor Fair zoning game due to the lack of a C-Stick (jumping backwards and using Fair is hard without it), and less kill potential. However, as I started to explore his Monado stances more, and as my understanding of his range and startups got better, I started to see the potential in this guy. His best tools are definitely his Ike-like jab, OOS UpB, Bair/Fair spacing and smash attacks. Oh, yeah, his counter is decent as well.

When you know the order of the stances (jump, speed, defense, damage, power), you can tap B really quickly and get to the one you want easily. The stance-change animation can be cancelled by inputting any other attack, too. I usually start the match with either the purple (damage) or blue (speed) stances. Purple is for obvious reasons -- his three-hit jab combo does about 12%, and other tilts/aerial moves all do more than 10% per hit. It's not hard to get from two to three jab combos and maybe a Fair or Nair with the stance up, giving you a very nice lead. The blue stance, however, is great against projectile spammers or shield-happy players. What it allows you to do is to run past your opponent before they can react, and either pivot tilt or pivot grab them. It's an amazing, amazing mixup, and very hard to punish. When you get them to about 70~90%, it's a good time to switch to red (power) and punish rolls with your smashes or bait them into an OOS UpB. The second hit from your UpB is so strong with the power stance, KOing early.

I think players who make good use of the Monado stances will be really rewarded. Shulk is fun and strong, and I feel he's pretty good. If you're excited about him, you're directing your excitement quite well!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So much for social thread. This became srs business thread :p
Ha ha, seriously.

I feel like Shulk is actually a really deep character; players not used to him seem to have issues with the modes, but once you get the hang of him, he just looks fantastic, and I'm super excited for him.

Until you can play Shulk (and the rest of Smash 4's cast), what will you do to until Smash comes out?
I still need to play through Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm not finished yet with New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Special World. And I also have to do the spotpass chapters in Fire Emblem Awakening. After I did that, nothing stands in Smash 4's way! :shades:
I'll be playing Destiny on the PS4, occasionally playing the Smash 3DS Demo, and then when Hyrule Warriors comes out, I'll also be playing that up until release.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Might finish my second Xenoblade playthrough, Tomodachi life, the smash demo, MK7 (not 8), etc.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I've still got some debt to pay off in Tales of Xillia 2. Plus the EX dungeon is kind of handing my butt to me. :p

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hm, speaking of MK8, I haven't played it in a good while. But with how things are looking for my gaming future, I probably won't be playing it anytime soon :p

Well, at least until I get my hands on the DLC.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Social thread? Awesome! I'm actually on my first play-through of Xenoblade;
I'm at the "new" Bionis Interior. I feel like I'm nearing the end of the game, and I'm just spending some time gathering rare crystals and just gaining a few extra levels (I think around 74 would do). Those monsters near the bridge on Bionis Leg give great experience.

I will say, that I originally grew suspicious of Zanza's "disciple" around the time you go to Sword Valley, but his general inactivity leading up to Egil's fight made me forget about any potential betrayal. After the rebirth of Zanza the game seriously goes full-on depression mode. I wasn't expecting a lot of this.

So far, it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. I'm so happy I could enjoy it too, as I've had issue getting into games lately.
"Nyapakapow!"

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
By the way, the Smash 4 soundtrack is just SO gorgeous, man!
Here are some of my favorites.
Melee - Menu Ver. 2
Master Hand
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Spirit Tracks - Full Steam Ahead [Note: :love: Probably my #1 favorite atm]
Pac Man's Park/Block Plaza
Sparkman [Note: ACE worked on it. 'Nuff said. :shades:]
Mega Man II Medley
Star Wolf/Sector Z
Green Greens Ver. 2
And more stuff that isn't uploaded yet.

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Melee - Menu Ver. 2
Master Hand
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Mega Man II Medley
Star Wolf/Sector Z
Green Greens Ver. 2
Should I be spoiled that this song not being in the game makes me upset?

But seriously, the OST of this game is really good. That Melee FD remix is just oh, so good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Melee - Menu Ver. 2
Master Hand
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Mega Man II Medley
Star Wolf/Sector Z
Green Greens Ver. 2
Man, Sparkman is one of those Megaman theme's I never remember but always LOVE when I hear. Good stuff.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
As long as Juju's kicked out of the colony, I suppose I'll stick around this thread.

But only if you donate a Fossil Monkey to HQ. Because why the hell not.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Going to post this here as well as in the "Xenoblade Content Thread."

Have we seen any other Xenoblade content in Smash 3DS? Trophies? Smash run enemies? Anything?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Ahhh, the social thread.

@ Solfiner Solfiner ! Get your butt in here! It's time to break out the old gifs! Duckson, Dogson, Dittson, and DUNKSON!

Meanwhile... We're gonna need some Lovenado up in here.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
NEW SOCIAL THREAD! WHAT EVEN IS THIS?!

Seriously though, Colony 6 is best social thread name.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ahhh, the social thread.

@ Solfiner Solfiner ! Get your butt in here! It's time to break out the old gifs! Duckson, Dogson, Dittson, and DUNKSON!

Reyn-approves.gif

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Ahhh, the social thread.

That gave me an idea... How about some Duck Hunt Dogson? :troll:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ahhh, the social thread.

Definitely going to include Lovenado in the OP :troll:

Hmm, I might include something about the whole shades biz thing. Would mention Dorf Patrol as well, but that may now be more appropriate in the Ganondorf sub-forum :p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sooooo, October 3rd...

Shulk-is-waiting.gif

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
Waiting october 3.......just for you shulk, just for you.....

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ahhh, the social thread.

Duckson, Dogson......

Hmmmm.......

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So....Any news on Shulk's custom moves yet? No clue on what could replace Monado Artes, but he has quite a variety of different artes to replace his other specials.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Not sure if this was posted here yet.
This was a lot of work for who ever made it, lol.

TEMPEST KICK!

...Melia, it would be great if you'd stop.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
OMG sakurai biais y is SHULK of all generc anime sordmen playabl? dis is BS. i'm never gonna by this game 1/10

:troll:

Top Bottom