• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shyguy for Brawl!

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Ok, I looked around and did a few searches and I was highly suprised to see no Shyguy topic.

Shyguy has always been one of my favorite Nintendo characters. Any time he is a playable character in whatever Mario spinoff I happen to be playing, he is my first choice.

A - A little slap. simple enough.

AA - First slap followd by a backhand slap.

Forward Tilt - Shyguy does a spin. Like a pirouette (sp?) i guess

Down Tilt - Shyguy does a headspin.

Up Tilt - Shyguy jumps up a little and does a headbutt.

Dash Attack - His little propeller pops out and he dives forward, people in front of him get a headbutt, people behind or above him get caught up in the propeller.

Neutral Air - pulls out his propeller. Tap smacks people holding it slows his fall. (think G&W parachute)

Forward Air - A little burst in fire in front of him (flyguys in Mario 64)

Back Air - A little kick. Kinda like Ness' dropkick.

Down Air - gets on his Pogo stick. Works kinda like link's dair except he doesnt hold it out. If you connect you bounce off and it knocks them downward.

Up Air - Shy guy thrusts his spear upwards.

Neutral B - Shyguy shoots a little black ball out of his mouth. A suggestion I've heard is that randomly instead of a black ball, shyguy will shoot a small bullet bill out of his mouth, doing more damage and exploding on impact.

Up B - Shyguy gets his little propeller for a few seconds (like how he flies in the yoshi stage) it would be kinda like DK's Up B, or Link's up B but less powerful and less range. It would have good recovery though and last for a while.

Down B - Shyguy gets out his stilts and jumps with them, you can land on someone and bounce off, it can connect more than once if you keep bouncing.

Side B - S*NEW* Shyguy does a running tackle, if the opponent has an item, shyguy steals it. This is a reference to the bandit shyguys in the Paper Mario series.

Smash - Shyguy shoots with a slingshot, doesnt go very far, about the range of ness's home run bat.

Up smash - Shyguy sticks a spear up in the air.

Down smash - Spins a spear around. Kinda like Marth's Dsmash

Grab - Shyguy grabs with both hands. Attacks with little kicks (i think it'd be funny lookin) If he runs and grabs it'll be like Ness, a little lag.

Forward Throw - Shyguy pushes em a bit and then hits them with the slingshot, knocking them back. This would probably be kinda easy to escape because of the push.

Back Throw - Spins (meaning turns not rolls) and tosses em behind him.

Down Throw - Tosses you on the ground and does a headbutt (meaning he jumps up slightly and lands directly with the top of his head on you)

Up Throw - Spikes them up with a tennis racket. He would pull out the tennis racket, lean way back, and hit em up with it. Obviously this would send em forward a lil bit. (yea a mario tennis reference)

Taunt - Shyguy pulls out a piece of food and tosses it towards the nearest edge. If it makes it off the edge it will actually fall off. if not it'll just dissapear. (reference to their role in melee)

Costume 1 - Red Shyguy, White mask. Normal.
Costume 2 - Red Shyguy, White mask, Ranger Hat.
Costume 3 - Red Shyguy, White mask, Hula Skirt, Red dots on cheeks. (spear guy)
Costume 4 - Grey Shyguy, White Mask (Anti Guy)

Kirby: Kirby gets a shyguy mask.

Super Smash - Ok, I've got two ideas, tell me which you like better.

Idea 1) This will be popular for Paper Mario Players. Shyguy puts on a chef's hat, gets fat, becomes gourmet guy. He eats the closest character *EDIT* I have gotten some suggestions that he actually eat the infamous cake instead of a character. Tell me which you think is better*END EDIT* , does his OH.. MY.. GOD! with the camera getting closer and then runs around spastically (like when he eats the cake). The running around will smack any players in the way. Then he trips and falls and the guy he ate flies out of his mouth, having taken some substantial damage.

Idea 2) Shyguy grabs the super smash icon, looks like he's about to do something, when all of a sudden his mask falls off. He freaks out and turns around to put it back on. While he's putting it on, general guy (from paper mario) pops out, and points at the closest player. Then from behind General guy all the other shyguy forms pop out. Spear Guy, Anti Guy, Sniffit, Stilt guy, and flyguy all rush out and start running/flying/stilting all over the screen smacking everyone in sight. Then a toychest appears general guy orders them back into it. Shyguy then flips around and raises his arms (as if to attack) sees everyone all beat up, and gets a question mark over his head. (wtf happened)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok everyone, there is the completed movelist for Shyguy. I'm actually kinda proud of it. Now if the descriptions of the moves sound kinda vague, it's because it's 1 AM and my brain doesnt want to think.

And here is a drawing of some of Shyguy's moves done by our own Xianfeng!

New addition! Here is a drawing by our very own Plan 9!!!

Shyguy for Brawl!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
phuck yeah! I always download play MKDS with friends just so I can be the shyGuy! Odds are against him, but personally, I would like to see him!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont like the idea of him being a playable character but I wouldnt mind him being an item. Shy Guy is cool.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
No, shy guys are generic and there are more deserving Mario characters to get into Brawl (like Geno). The only generic characters in Brawl should be the Yoshis and the pokemon.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
No, shy guys are generic and there are more deserving Mario characters to get into Brawl (like Geno). The only generic characters in Brawl should be the Yoshis and the pokemon.
I never said I liked the idea the character is cool though. I also said I would rather have him be a item. I would like to add that I agree with what Dweller says in the next post.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He is too minor of a character and should not be included. He was in melee he carried food on yoshi's stage, which should be his only role.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Well I suppose you're right about him being a minor character. But hey, I like him, and I want him in Brawl. I don't think he has much of a chance, but it would be fun!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Actually, I'd like to see him as one of Toad's moves, not as a playable. I'm not anit-Shyguy though. He's my fav character in Mario Tennis, next to Daisy.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
no, just wanted to point out the fact that topics about characters you disagree with are gonna pop up everywhere whether you like it or not. So learn to deal with it.

Everyone has a right to their opinion on who they think should be in Brawl. And I think Shyguy should be in Brawl, so I made this topic.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He wouldn't be able to do much he has no range anyway and I'm still waiting for the answers to my questions Dantedemonslayr.

Konoichi

Smash Rookie
Putting Shyguy in Brawl would make it the greatest game in history.

Because of this, it won't happen. :(

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
None of you are giving your reasons, so I'm going to say I was right he possesses no good qualities for Brawl and here I was with an open mind for once atleast.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
He doesn't have to prove anything to you. He made this thread to see who did and didn't support Shy Guy. And, as he's clearly stated, he's not trying to MAKE anyone like Shy Guy.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Well it seems about even right now and I too want a reason why he thinks he would make a decent character and why can't he answer for him self or should I say you two are the same person like everyone does with zombie and myself.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
or I was posting on other topics and didnt notice you spouting off in here.

Ok, my reasons for Shygiuy being in brawl.

1) I like him.
2) He's been in enough nintendo games, and they're mario games making him even more of a candidate.
3) He's not similar enough to anyone to be a clone, making him a new original character.
4) He's a cool little guy and I think he would be fun to play as.
5) general Shyguy - a boss in Paper Mario
5) there are many variations of shyguy that have appeared in many games. Such as gourmet guy in paper mario (tell me he wasnt entertaining lol)

And I said I'd TRY to make a moveset. I've never done this before but I'll try it now I guess.

B Moves

Neutral B - Shyguy shoots a little black ball out of his mouth.

Up B - Shyguy gets his little helicopter for a few seconds (like how he flies in the yoshi stage) it would be kinda like Dk's Up B, or Link's up B but less powerful and less range. It would have good recovery though.

Down B - I cant think of one right now. any ideas welcome.

Side B - Shyguy shoots fire out of his mouth
------------------------------------------------------
Smash

Smash - Shyguy shoots with a slingshot, doesnt go very far, about the range of ness's home run bat. Moderate damage.

Usmash - Shyguy sticks a spear up in the air.

Dsmash - Spins a spear around. Kinda like Marth's Dsmash

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air

Neutral - pulls out his helicopter for a sec. smacks people and slows his fall. (think G&W parachute)

Forward - little burst of Fire.

Back - just a kick.

Down - Smack a spear downwards. Like Link's but quick and it doesnt stay out. Can be a meteor smash.

That's all I got for now. I have to go. anyone feel free to touch it up if you want. (in a positive fashion)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
To Dantedemonslayr

Reasons 1 and 4 are completely pointless because they are opinions. He has been in alot of games, but as a generic character. I never played Paper Mario so I will give you reason 5 although I don't see the appeal of Paper Mario. The many variations of him would be irrelevent because only one form would make it. I will also give you reason number 3. If he does make it in your moveset is fine, but you could add that he would have multiple jumps because he can fly or a hover ability like Peach's for the same reason. You have given me some reasons that make your argument for him better, but it still isn't enough to sway me completely because I still can't see how he has played an important role in any Mario game except Paper Mario as you said and find him un worthy to be a seperate entity in Brawl however I would not mind if he were an item, plays the same role as in Melee, even if he replaced the polygons or something to that extent. If he replaced the polygons your moveset would be fine with me and I do feel that something needs to be done with the polygons so I would support him replacing them. I however can't accept him as a playable character for Brawl. I hope I have provided ample reasoning for my thought process as I have covered all your reasons that he would be in Brawl. I also hope that you feel I gave him a chance in that I asked for your reasons and thought about thembefore I just threw them out.

shinehex

Smash Lord
Long Island, New York (If you want to smash contac
He doesn't have to prove anything to you. He made this thread to see who did and didn't support Shy Guy. And, as he's clearly stated, he's not trying to MAKE anyone like Shy Guy.
Hey hEy heY, I know that. I'm not bashing the guy or any thing. I'm just stating my opinion.
They can add who ever they want 2 Smash It does'nt bother me.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Well it seems about even right now and I too want a reason why he thinks he would make a decent character and why can't he answer for him self or should I say you two are the same person like everyone does with zombie and myself.
Listen tool, every time I log on here I see you and your little friend zombie ragging on people and shooting down peoples ideas, quite honestly I'm fed up with both of you. Give me a good reason as to why shyguy would NOT be a good character, other than he has no range... ARE YOU FREAKING ********?! Jigglypuff has no range, but they gave her some reach now didn't they? Game and watch had less a chance of a move list but he got in. Shyguy has played a large role in the mario series, he was originally in Doki Doki Panic, the sort of precursor to Mario 2, so he is DIRECTLY and originally more a mario-esque character. They were also in Luigis Mansion, as well as the most recognizable enemy in the yoshi franchise.

So you want a move set?

A- basic punch, can be hit a total of 3 times
A up-uses an upwards jump and attacks with propeller
Smash A -(left or right) uses his spear and thrusts with it
Smash A- (down)spins himself instead of his propeller to deal 360 degrees of damage
Smash A -(up) stronger basic A up

B- shoots a small projectile (as he does in paper mario and yoshis island)
Smash B- similar to luigis, he thrusts himself forward with his propeller first
Smash B (up) either flys up with his propeller, OR uses a pogo-stick (as he does in yoshis island) to jump up
Smash B (down) this would be the best, he would light on fire like the Pyro Guys (once again, yoshis island) and can deal damage while touching you, it would only work for one attack though, as it would just add extra damage to his attacks.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
lol sorry bout that. Just a bad habit. I'll try not to from now on.

And basement dweller, thank you for taking it seriously and actually stating why you disagree. I dont see much of that on these forums. Oh, and if you played and liked Mario RPG then that's the appeal of paper mario. It's quite similar.

So at this point we have both stated the facts and validated our reasoning. So now it just comes down to opinion. You think he shouldnt be playable, I do.

Although I do really like your idea of him replacing the polygons. Even if I couldnt play as him I'd be happy to see dozens of shyguy raining down on me as I fight them off.

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
lol sorry bout that. Just a bad habit. I'll try not to from now on.

And basement dweller, thank you for taking it seriously and actually stating why you disagree. I dont see much of that on these forums. Oh, and if you played and liked Mario RPG then that's the appeal of paper mario. It's quite similar.

So at this point we have both stated the facts and validated our reasoning. So now it just comes down to opinion. You think he shouldnt be playable, I do.

Although I do really like your idea of him replacing the polygons. Even if I couldnt play as him I'd be happy to see dozens of shyguy raining down on me as I fight them off.

I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.
I hope now you can see that I can be reasonable when I want to be.:laugh:

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
YAY! See, there are plenty of people out there that both support and understand the different shyguys.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
YAY! See, there are plenty of people out there that both support and understand the different shyguys.
such as me! there was this awesome but fake character select screen and the guy selected shy guy on the bottom because he knew how much kickass he would be in Brawl. and I do to. If ANY generic should be in Brawl, it should be ShyGuy because there are so many of them with different abilities that they could all go into one person, like Mr. G&W's movesets with the G&W games

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
such as me! there was this awesome but fake character select screen and the guy selected shy guy on the bottom because he knew how much kickass he would be in Brawl. and I do to. If ANY generic should be in Brawl, it should be ShyGuy because there are so many of them with different abilities that they could all go into one person, like Mr. G&W's movesets with the G&W games
Yeah man, I would love for him to be in there. So many variations could be combined to make one awesome moveset.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Much like Mr. G&W. I bet ppl were just like Basement and Zombie, saying that G&W isn't a real char, when all Sakurai did was combine all G&W games into one great varied moveset.

Top Bottom