• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side b grab release to footstool works on these ELEVEN chars

ADHD

Smash Hero
Works on game and watch and toon link if you can follow their DI. It's a 50 percent chance it'll work on the characters that can DI it so if you still have your second jump go for it.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
I love how this works on a lot of diddy's worse match ups.

I've only tested this combo possibility on Metaknight so far, for obvious reasons..
I found that this IS a true combo, but only under certain conditions:

First, the MK has to be standing very close to the edge; almost right on it.

Second, the only way the follow-up side-B will latch FOR SURE is if only the very end of the dash attack nips them before you mash side-B. It shouldn't make multiple contacts with him; just one.

Thirdly, and this is the catch, this will only be 100% successful if the MK is about 35% damage or under.

So, in conclusion, you shouldn't take the risk against a more experienced MK, as he could easily see your dash attack coming and counter you. Also, if you ARE going to take the risk against a more casual/average MK, make sure you perform it fairly early in the game, or when he loses a stock, because THAT way the combo will have more chance of being inescapable AND it will also get you an early gimp.
hmmm, interesting thanks for the info.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
Add peach, it work so nice, since they upb its almost unspikeable it work very nice.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I only got it to work on peach once. It's either too hard to perform consistently and risky, or she's just not a character this works on.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Do you need to follow all of these characters' DI because I can't seem to DHGR anyone any more.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Not really impossible, they can only go neutral, left or right. Ive done it while following the DI before (like once) Youcandewitjebus

Top Bottom