• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side-B into D-air looks like a legit thing

UnsuspectingVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blockyraccoon
3DS FC
0430-8629-1274
From the looks of it, for light(er) characters that aren't heavy nor light (high percents for heavy, large characters), it looks like at about mid-high percents, Side-B'ing them will send them into a tumbling state in mid air. I've been playing on For Glory, and every time I caught someone with a Side-B at high percents I've followed up with a D-air, and so far about 90% have connected. I don't think it's a true combo, but it does look fairly useful imo.

EDIT: Also, as soon as I posted this I forgot to mention this works really well with U-smash.
EDIT[2]: Maybe weight doesn't matter, it's been sending them into the animation no matter what.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I landed his side B > d-smash, but a few other players escaped it. I haven't checked if side B > u-tilt is escapable. It probably is, but that tail has range, so who knows?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Okay, here's the deal. The victim of Side B is able to jump, thus escaping being tossed to the ground. This is what you have been seeing on FG.

If properly predicted, side b > anything is escapable. However, Mewtwo can predict the jump and try to follow up with an aerial.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Side-B doesn't true combo into anything.

D-Tilt true combos into D-Air on most characters until high %s though :).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I remember when we first, finally, saw Mewtwo's trailer... everyone was saying they finally fixed Confusion. Well, they kinda did. The reflector part works.

Still sucks as a command grab on the ground, though. It might have uses in the air, perhaps.

Last edited:

ChickenJon

Smash Rookie
I find the most reliable follow up to confusion is a well timed fair. BUT, it's more fun to f smash and hope it hits lol.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
I used it on the CPU, and they DI'd towards me and attacked me instead. I remember this happening in Melee as well. I'll still have to mess around with this, but what a disappointment.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I remember when we first, finally, saw Mewtwo's trailer... everyone was saying they finally fixed Confusion. Well, they kinda did. The reflector part works.

Still sucks as a command grab on the ground, though. It might have uses in the air, perhaps.
It definitely helped in a few Sonic matches I played. Compared to blocking you have a good chance of getting an attack in. Probably better uses out there though.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It definitely helped in a few Sonic matches I played. Compared to blocking you have a good chance of getting an attack in. Probably better uses out there though.
Mewtwo's dash attack beats Spin Dash. True story.

Last edited:
Top Bottom