• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B question...

Llamaking7

Smash Rookie
This is just a question about the side B:

Sometimes when i'm in the air off the ledge i'll use side b to get back on and sometimes falco doesn't go all the way. He sort of cuts off his dash. I was just wondering what I was doing that might make falco do this. I just want to avoid it, or use it when I can.

Thanks for the help.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
when you press b he stops. so dont continue mashing b. pres it once and youll go all the way

Llamaking7

Smash Rookie
Does he also stop if I hold over B? Because I tend to just hold the buttons rather then mash them.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Umm I dont believe so, I think instead of just holdin B like you say you are your sorta putting less pressure on the B button the re applying that pressure by accedent so yur cutting the animation. Just simply avoid the promblem all together by letting go of the button... And Btw, dont neglect this from yur play, this isin't allways bad, actualy a rather usefull technique and mindgame. Cuttin the animation short is usefull for sweetspottin the ledge and such. But yea.. Just let go of the button.. lol. And look b4 you post, try searchin up threads like these if you didn't, and just sorta look around..

Repryx

Smash Champion
The timing is as soon as you hear the *ding* noise press B and he'll cut it short. this is good for those Gimpy Foxes who reflect your side-b on the edge

Repryx

Smash Champion
How about when your not gonna sweet spot the edge? rather move right above it, side-b feint then grab the ledge?

If that doesnt work then Im gonna have to hide this thread from my rival....

xelad1

Smash Ace
lets face it falcos recovery sucks in general. Most of the time you want to try and sweetspot, and try and tech. Shortening the illusion is a good trick that will throw people off once in a while (like if you ledgehop your side b to hit them you could shorten it and regrab the ledge) but shouldn't be overused because of its predictability.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
nothing should be overused becuase of it's predictability. If it's overused, it's predictable.

EDIT: Except for falcon punches of course.

o.Odyssey.o

Smash Cadet
:p I tend to grab the ledge, Press the opposite way of the ledge, jump, Phantasm. I've killed a lot of people this way because they were trying to spike me when I wascoming back onto the ledge. Phantasm has its own spike... Recovering with Phantasm is harder for your foes to hit you, but, you also have a lot of lag after it.

Repryx

Smash Champion
The double Laser off of the edge is also good for those who want to wait out your return from off the edge. But Iv'e found most all of Falco's recovery techniques to be a HUGE weakness

Top Bottom