• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B Speed hugging with Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishin

Smash Ace
As we all may know, speed hugging with Captain Falcon is a little bit harder than with most characters.

Speed hugging:
run off ledge, hold down, then quickly arc left towards ledge

Side B speed hug:
run off ledge, hold down, then quickly do a side B towards the ledge

One of two things will happen with this method.
1. You will speed hug like normal
2. You will speed hug like normal but a red dot indicating Falcon Drive will appear briefly on the ledge.
3. If you're a n00b like me then your chance of falcon kicking to your death will increase.

I'm unsure if this method is faster, slower, or the same speed compared to regular speed hugging with Falcon.

If someone is a little quicker grabbing the ledge when you use this method then Falcon Drive with spike them AND you get the ledge back.

I don't have the ability to produce a video of this so if someone who can record this can upload them doing it then that would help the explanation a bit.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Really? I've tried searching for it and have yet to find any record of this. It's not in the index nor in any guide I've seen.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I always mix those up...

If someone provides a link to the thread/post for this then this thread can be closed and sorry.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Advanced search. Captain Falcon boards. Hugging as keyword. At least half of them.

Mit

Smash Ace
It's worth it to just learn how to speed hug normally. It's faster, and you'll either do it, or fall low (and with Falcon's recovery that's not a problem). Raptor boost seems a little less safe to me, as if you don't time it right, you might do it a little high and not instantly grab the ledge.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
It's worth it to just learn how to speed hug normally. It's faster, and you'll either do it, or fall low (and with Falcon's recovery that's not a problem). Raptor boost seems a little less safe to me, as if you don't time it right, you might do it a little high and not instantly grab the ledge.
or a little low and epic fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom