• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social *sigh* oh the life of a Zelda main [A new zelda discussion zone]

Upke

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know if you're more comfortable with bair, seeing as it's faster, you can use the quick turnaround to wavedash or waveland on a platform into a preferably fast falled bair for edgeguarding. I would assume most applications involve the edge, but you keep us posted!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Being technical is fine, as long as you're smart about it

I'd need an example of you playing to properly assess, but just keeping the basics in mind always helps when playing fox. That's why unknown is my favorite fox player

Impp

Smash Ace
I looked at the frame data, and the thing we were talking about before is the turn-jump threshold. Zelda's turn-jump threshold is 11 frames. Most other characters I checked had one that was around 20 frames. So I'm pretty sure this means Zelda can jump on frame 11 or later of the turnaround animation and be facing the opposite direction.
Another application I thought of, aside from edge hogging, was jump-cancel grabbing during the turnaround animation. It's pretty much just a turnaround grab from a full run. It's not terribly fast, and you have to be running away from who you want to grab at the time so it's rather situational. It does make use of Zelda's jump cancel grab, though, which is something I have always neglected.

Impp

Smash Ace
So does dash grab not work after the turnaround?
You can dash grab after the turnaround, but the full turnaround takes 23 frames.
You can interrupt the turnaround animation with a jump after 11 frames, so it's quicker to do the jump cancelled grab.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
So I totally went for a Zelda/Marth team vs Shroomed and Fly Amanita at KoC2 this weekend.

They went double Sheik...

Never again.

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I want to be the best Zelda of all time.
What essential videos must I study? Is it worth trying at all?
Cosmo and TheLake are both good Zelda mains you should watch.
Mew2king goes zelda when he wants to disrespect people

As far as videos go, both Cosmo vs Mew2king/Darkrain are pretty good, and The Lake (as DJTalent) vs Axe are vids that come to mind off the top of my head.

for the Lolz and disrespect you should look up Mew2king vs Moose.

ZIngaZ

Smash Cadet
Have you guys played with Project M zelda? She's basically everything you wanted in melee Zelda its pretty great

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I just prefer Melee Zelda because I'm more used to how she feels. PM Zelda is way better as far as design though.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
The down B joke has existed since the beginning of time. I heard it from at least 3 different people while playing them in tournament about 2 weeks ago.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha yeah, no big. It's just one of those things.

If you walk around solving a rubiks cube you're bound to run into 100 people who either say "I'd just break it apart and put it back together" or "If I had to solve it I'd just peel the stickers off". It's meant as one of those well intentioned jokes to keep the conversation going, but once you've heard them enough times it loses all appeal.

Top Bottom