• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf Presents: Active Artwork + Combo Video Trailer!

Pi

Smash Hero
WRAWR

I'm hyped *****, I'm hyped.

Dling it for sure.

[edit]

._.
question:
what

the ****

this was just the trailer? what?

So are you and lovage having a tech skill **** measuring thing going on?
Not really lol. I had this recorded before Lovage made his video. If it were a contest I would have used everything I had, ie more characters, but I wasnt about to go back and add stuff just because Lovage made a video.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
comparisons are obviously gonna be made.

sw's vid is more creative though i think, i like it alot, and the last clip is hella cool

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That video was boner-inducing.

Super amazing editing and raaaaaaaaaape tech skill it's not even funny.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Where'd you get the renders for your signature SW?

edit; i have terrible net so i'm attempting to watch the active artwork, but you're very creative :D i've never seen the color changing idea in a video before. the barrel walljump thing was pretty sweet alone without the color changing lol. last scene was definitely my favorite, especially since ive never seen a single player level like that in a tech skill vid before :D

oh and also, can someone explain how to get one player alone like that without doing practice mode? i need c-stick. i know it involves something with the master hand glitch kinda, which i know how to do :o

anyways, good ****.

I can't remember, but Eggz might know. It was some site I had never been to that had really good art.
You should be able to just do the master hand glitch and go into camera mode, idk how the lgitch works exactly but that's what lovage did. I used the AR code, enter vs with 1p, then went into camera mode.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
I was about to come on here and ***** at you about CPU combos, until I saw the end. Now I'm thoroughly satisfied with you and your amazingly technical shenanigans. Keep up the wicked sick tech skill, guy, best I've ever seen.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i buncha people have been asking me so i guess i'll post my thoughts

i think SW's vid is a lot better than mine overall. much better and cleverer editing, a **** song and much cleaner clips. (almost all noiseless wavelands, very smooth waveshines)

the main difference between our vids is that his is based on routines and mine is freestyle. his clips are shorter but way cleaner and deliberate. my clips are pretty much random, for each scene i have an idea of what i want to do (shortened phantasm edge cancels, shield drop to edge cancels etc) and the rest is just freestyle.

as for the difficulty of the clips, his have a lot of creativity (waveshine double turnarounds, shine phantasm edge cancels) but we both use new and rarely seen techniques (for me running shield drops, for him shine platform cancels.) some of my clips **** some of his in terms of difficulty, and some of his blow some of mine out of the water.

after watching them both like 20 times i really like both of them for different reasons, but SW's is probably better overall.

it's whatever tho, i'd like to think of us as contemporaries instead of rivals (oh and he's without a doubt a more technical player than me), and our 2-man tech skill video we make at TP4 is gonna **** both of these anyway.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
I can't remember, but Eggz might know. It was some site I had never been to that had really good art.
You should be able to just do the master hand glitch and go into camera mode, idk how the lgitch works exactly but that's what lovage did. I used the AR code, enter vs with 1p, then went into camera mode.

my friend (Dondonsf) were watching this last night and he brought up a good question.do you practice this normally or did you just make it for the video.did you have to a ton of re-records?like on the last clip was the best one fo sho.(made me want to play falco)

lovage is my hero =o

@ nocturnalist, are you referring to just the last clip or the routines in general?

I made up those routines just for that video, though i practice basically all that stuff on other stages on a regular basis. i guess it depends on your definition of "a lot". idk. the last clip took like 2 hours which was the longest i spent on one clip.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
o i see.the Video was sick period.gonna put that on my Mp3 player.Good **** bro ham.i plan to do more camera mode jazz.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
lovage's was better
better how? had more variety in characters sure, but much less creativity, the editing wasn't as good, the stage's SW did were much more awesome and over-all more entertaining.

lovage even said himself:embarrass

not saying lovage's video wasn't the ****. it was.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lovage's was better
Lovages was ****ing tight. They both were
better how? had more variety in characters sure, but much less creativity, the editing wasn't as good, the stage's SW did were much more awesome and over-all more entertaining.

lovage even said himself:embarrass

not saying lovage's video wasn't the ****. it was.
Its not worth it. Its a falcon player thing. bcuz the knee ***** they think they can do whatever they want lol. I honestly dont think it matters because not a single smasher can say they didnt like either vid.

Top Bottom