• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silliest Marth I've ever Seen.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
This marth is a product of to much reading on the forums and not enough experience or playing.The only reason his strategy or I would call limitations was successful was because the fox wasnt that good either.

You can clearly see that he had prolbems controlling his character and positioning himself with "Marth".His ability to waveland is just a product of practicing techs above his skill level with Marth.I dont know...maybe hes a ninja! >.>

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
This marth is a product of to much reading on the forums and not enough experience or playing.The only reason his strategy or I would call limitations was successful was because the fox wasnt that good either.

You can clearly see that he had prolbems controlling his character and positioning himself with "Marth".His ability to waveland is just a product of practicing techs above his skill level with Marth.I dont know...maybe hes a ninja! >.>
Lmfao yea that's it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just a lot of fsmashes I suppose. 4:45 was really the only part I thought was funny. It was like the way someone who doesn't main Marth would play him, focus on fsmash. That's what basically everyone does when they first learn Marth.
Speak for yourself, I intially wouldn't touch f-smash because it felt too unsafe, and wouldn't use it except to edguard until I felt comfortable knowing when I could punish with it. I pretty much faired and dtilted.

Or, maybe he plays another character, like I dunno, PIKACHU?

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
I found this entertaining. I believe that this is a decent player just goofing around. There are many critques that could be made here but let me just say that fox should have been dead at 2:42

EDIT: A video of his pikachu. I noticed some good edgeguarding skills there toward the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaXzlwFGNLU

The Star King

Smash Hero
This video taught me one thing...the meaning of the word professional is serious business.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
This Marth is good by my standards. Excellent reflexes. He played extremely simple, but even more notable is he RARELY MISSED. Talk about using minimal movement and maxing out the gain.
Agreed, but you always see what a player is made of when put up against real pressure. This guy would be lucky to get 50% on a pro. The fox was terrible.

Jesiah, Arcnatural, Drephen... some familiar names are still active on these boards! I just played Brawl on Monday and wish it was Melee... *sigh* at least I won lol (hadn't played since March). I love this game, but I always feel like I'm missing out on stuff if I play the same game for too long.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Agreed, but you always see what a player is made of when put up against real pressure. This guy would be lucky to get 50% on a pro. The fox was terrible.

Jesiah, Arcnatural, Drephen... some familiar names are still active on these boards! I just played Brawl on Monday and wish it was Melee... *sigh* at least I won lol (hadn't played since March). I love this game, but I always feel like I'm missing out on stuff if I play the same game for too long.

Yep Yep Yep, I yet lurk.

I think Pika was just playing to his strength this matchup, judging by his initial movements if his opponent actually started punishing him for Fsmashes I think he would have changed it up. But it worked, so I think he was going with the "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" style there.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I don't see anything wrong with playing like that.

edit: oh god, it's probably because it's how I play Brawl half of the time XD

Shiri

Smash Chump
I think Pika was just playing to his strength this matchup, judging by his initial movements if his opponent actually started punishing him for Fsmashes I think he would have changed it up. But it worked, so I think he was going with the "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" style there.
:yoshi: :D

JesiahTEG

Smash Master

Wow, I really thought you fell off the face of the earth man. I missed ya! :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I find it funny how much **** people were talking about your Marth in those vids, despite your fantastic spacing and tech chasing abilities.
it's funny that you think drephen is good when he's just a filthy lucksack

a very sexy filthy lucksack ;)

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
He must have been conserving his energy or something. Although I guess it was the Finals, so I'm not really sure about that...

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
- the neutral A "infinite" against the wall
- uthrow -> usmash
- hitting far inside range on aerials

It's official, this Marth is actually a Pikachu wearing a cape

Binx

Smash Master
they were both pretty bad but it was so funny, I just think it's interesting to see that, that is where most of us came from, making really poor decisions in crucial situations.

Top Bottom