• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silly Tournament Moments?

Rainbow Pancake

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-1736-8251
A week ago, I went to my very first Melee tournament. It was a small group of people, and I got extremely wrecked, but it was still pretty fun and a good learning experience. Now I know Tourneys are mostly very competitive, but what about after words? What were some silly/fun moments you had while at a tournament? It doesn't necessarily haft to involve playing the game, but maybe something else that happened.

For me, I would say a pretty funny thing to happen was when I convince three other guys to do a 4 player free for all with all of us being Pichu on final destination. It was humorous to see all of us just flying off the stage everywhere.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
A week ago, I went to my very first Melee tournament. It was a small group of people, and I got extremely wrecked, but it was still pretty fun and a good learning experience. Now I know Tourneys are mostly very competitive, but what about after words? What were some silly/fun moments you had while at a tournament? It doesn't necessarily haft to involve playing the game, but maybe something else that happened.

For me, I would say a pretty funny thing to happen was when I convince three other guys to do a 4 player free for all with all of us being Pichu on final destination. It was humorous to see all of us just flying off the stage everywhere.
I played against a guy who I knew was pretty significantly better than me, so in our second match we agreed to do a Falcon ditto on FD, that was a lot of fun. Later on in the tournament he also took a guy to Hyrule Temple XD

WHA?

Smash Ace
Anyone know the story of some player (i think in norcal) that when he beat a player in tournament he stood up and said "get ur d sucked!!". Apparenetly he meant to say something else and that came out of his mouth.

imagining it makes me laugh

SAUS

Smash Ace
I was at a Brawl tournament a long time ago and my friend and I didn't really care to watch grand finals, so we were screwing around in melee on the other end of a gigantic room (where the tournament was being held). It was literally us in 1 corner and the GFs in the opposite corner. My friend and I (and possibly one other person, I can't remember anymore) were playing on temple and the rule was "falcon punch and warlock punch only". We didn't really realise how loud our TV was until someone came all the way from the other end of the room to turn down the volume on our TV. So for at least one of the GF matches, they had to listen to:
"FALCOONNNN PAUUUNNCHH!!!!!!!!"
and
"aAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

We felt bad, but we honestly didn't realise how loud it was.

JimiMotive

Smash Rookie
The first and only tournament I went to was at my college. At the time I knew hardly anything about advanced techniques like DI and L-Cancelling. I beat a Peach player 2-0 even though it was pretty close, and after I won he congratulated me on "really good DI and amazing L-Cancelling"... I just stared at him and said "Dude, I'll be honest I don't know what any of that is" as I rolled up my controller. He looked really disappointed after I said that.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I was at a tournament where we had something like 10 people, so we wound up just doing a round robin. Me and a friend of mine were already out of the money, so for our match to decide who got 3rd place, we did a BO9 on Mute City, Corneria, Brinstar, Flat Zone, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, and Kongo Jungle. I went 4-0 the first four and then started SD'ing on my last stock on the next few so we could keep going. It was a good time.

Top Bottom