• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Effective Melee Advice

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
because it's an interesting debate.
I don't think anyone's angry at anyone else. It's just rather nice/interesting to see people who aren't noobs discussing ways to practice and putting in the time to try to really consider what they're saying and trying to say it accurately.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Azen is weird, he'll either decimate with top tiers, or counterpick with low tiers. He is the most random dude ever, and is a poor example to use seeing as how he is a goober. That said, I loves me some Azen.

I'm also giving this a bump seeing all the new topics on various things already covered here.

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing about this is that 7 years ago, I would play MvC2 for hours on end, not being able to nail certain concepts (I was good, but not great). I got bored and quit for a month, then came back and did what I was trying to do on my first try.

For those who are wondering what it was, it was the airdashing diagonally df after the first roundhouse of the first launcher. Launch, kick, airdash df and short immediately after, pause briefly, forward, land...then do whatever. It was an important setup for the ROM infinite.

My waveshines get faster after breaks. Doing some drillshining practice atm and I'm taking one of those breaks right now.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
MookieRah: you'll be amazed at how well you can observe and take advantage of things if your goal is just to make them feel ********

Amazing quote.

Anyway, this actually helps me out a lot. This sort of defined for me what I had been feeling but couldn't put into words for the longest time. Hopefully this will help me as I try to mature as a better smasher.

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
Thanks Mookie, I've been working on my Fox's technical stuff so much that I forgot about mindgames and general strategies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
good stuff mook : )

you seem to know a lot

i want to see your name getting 1st in big tournaments lol

Top Bottom