• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SitC3 -- CANCELLED!!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea i agree with matt on that one. Repost something quickly with a set in stone date so we can get some kind of turnout other than the regulars, i mean even if some of us regulars arent gonna be able to make it, i say that setting it in stone and getting non regulars are more important.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Yes, best figure this out soon. If it's gonna be the 31st, even I'll need to know soon for transportation reasons (unless somebody could give me a ride), so I imagine it would be pretty **** difficult for an out-of-towner.

Renth

Smash Hero
Poor PA Player Finder thread was getting too much spam. Post stuff here; we need to make this tournament awesome. Right now this post is a placeholder so I can put in more info as we decide on stuff.

Right.

Here's the information we put together thus far:
Name: SitC 3 (Smashed in the Center)
Date: Eh. Working on this. Looking like April.
Rules: MLG standard, stupid ingatius, dave's stupid rule.
Schedule: Arrive Saturday at 4PM, doubles starts at 7. Singles starts at 11. Crew battles are whenever. Leave Sunday afternoon.
Cost: $10 singles, $20 doubles. Overnight housing fee is $5. We won't be taking out of the pot for running costs. So you can just bring $25 and be good.
Foods: If it's anything like last time, there will be VERY cheap drinks and food and free breakfast. Also there is a restaurant literally next door.

OK, I have schoolwork to do, so that's it for now. Anything I missed?

^^^^ ^^^^

Looking good. shoot for april 31st march is too little time and lack of advertising.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
Really not a minimum # of people but if we can top 20 or 25 that would be great. Yeah, march 31 is looking too soon for this event right now. We're inquiring about pretty much every weekend in April at this point. Once we have a date, everything SHOULD just fall into place. Getting a venue and date are definitely the hardest parts of setting up a tournament.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
OK, I got some for sure dates:
April 7th - There is a flea market outside on Saturday morning which shouldn't interfere with us. However, the 8th is Easter.
April 28 - A party of some kind is taking place until 6PM so we could just start later.
May 19 - is completely OK.

What looks good for everybody? Once we get the date done with, I can update the topic and maybe start a new one (but I don't really see the need to start a whole new topic).

D20

Smash Lord
If it is the 19th, then we lose Tim, Kevin, Wesley, and probably a couple of others. However, if that can get us new people from Ohio and eastern PA, than it might be worth it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Toss up between the 28th and May 19th...

Personally, my vote goes for May 19th. Starting that late on the 28th and leaving that early the next day just wouldn't work out.

Renth

Smash Hero
If it is the 19th, then we lose Tim, Kevin, Wesley, and probably a couple of others. However, if that can get us new people from Ohio and eastern PA, than it might be worth it.
If it's the 19th there's a good chance you'll lose me too.

i'm going to nepa 12 - 13 and i don't think i'd feel up to/spending that much money for 2 tourns that close together.

takieddine

Smash Master
I think It should go for the 28th then...

We want to have the maximum turnout possible, so that'd be best...we have the entire Pittsburgh crew willing. I guess Ohio smasher would just really have to try their best to get there...

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
So April 28th is the date set in stone, maybe put that in the topic name if it for sure.

The Cape

Smash Master
April 28th is the best date as I will be going to NEPA two weeks into May. This entire summer I have classes and Army so I wont be around. Mid april I am also going to an event in NJ for Naruto 4.

Dogosse Gier

Smash Journeyman
I picked up a Gamecube controller for the first time since SitC 2 last night at a St Patty's day party, and I must say I do suck indeed. I main(ed) Falco, and I completely forgot to SHL. Let that sink in.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
I only read first post to check up on things. So as of now here's the info. I got kicked out and have had little time to play smash. Being I'm the only good person where I live now. School. Work. And my Gears of War and World of Warcraft addictions. That's no time to practice.

So, I am here to say that from April 28-9 is good time slot. However, starting it at 8 pm barely gives us 16 hours. Including the time people sleep. Start it at noon. get singles out of the way first so people don't chicken out. then allow the rest of the night for the players without friends to buddy up with someone for doubles the next day. During this time, the long awaited battle between GGPD and SCS can take place. Though more likely, we'll have an entire crew tournament spur of the moment. But once I get my crew back into practice, I know we'll want to take SCS down.

Gier, make the appropriate changes, an 8 PM start isn't enough time.

Renth

Smash Hero
I only read first post to check up on things. So as of now here's the info. I got kicked out and have had little time to play smash. Being I'm the only good person where I live now. School. Work. And my Gears of War and World of Warcraft addictions. That's no time to practice.

But once I get my crew back into practice, I know we'll want to take SCS down.

Gier, make the appropriate changes, an 8 PM start isn't enough time.
semi-agreed to the starting time kick it around 2 so people have time to show.

as far as the crew battles my moneys on SCS to beat GGPD ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
of course afternoon is optimal, but i seem to remember him saying something about a birthday party until 6 at the venue?

either way, earlier start = better; even an extra hour here or there makes a difference

Top Bottom