• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skelerex vs Kudemo ( ROB )

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
just throwing in my two cents:

you waste your second jump a lot unnecessarily. like 1:05, you didn't have to use your double jump there. and if you do, use it right before you hit the ground, not while you're high above the stage.

you nair too much. save it more for the kills. fair is a pretty good move too.

speaking of fair, you did a lot of rising fair. idk if it's safe in the ROB MU, but i always do retreating fairs for safety. that's just me though. or ff fair.

at 1:27 and many other instances where he bair'd your receovery, you could have stalled out his invincibility frames on the edge with jump db1, and recovered safely.

3:04 see you staled your nair when you needed it.

3:34 omg stop wasting your double jump, many more options you could have done there.

4:40 again, stop wasting the double jump

hope i helped =)

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
Another thing to note- Cross-ups are very dangerous against rob. He can dsmash for free damage, so you might want to be more careful about doing them. If your opponent was trying to dsmash instead of grab your cross-ups more, you would have been hit hard.

C.J.

Smash Master
I didn't read what the above two said so I might be repeating things. This is just at a glance and if you want something more in-depth, IM me.

Cross-ups are only good/safe in certain MUs. ROB is not one of them. You should have been punished far worse for those DB1 gimmicks. Even though you didn't, you still didn't do them all that well. The ROB had a habit of spot dodging, and you tried to grab. You stopped after the second hit of DB when a spotdodge was going to come next and then got punished, etc.

You're recovery is seriously lacking. As a general rule, if you're offstage you need to ask yourself this question "is jumping necessary to recover?" 7/10 time the answer is no. So don't do it.

Quit autopiloting. You throw out so many useless jabs that accomplish pretty much nothing. You get fair'd a lot for them, etc.

Learn the spacing for jab. It's a great A.A. which is very true. It's not a great A.A. when you whiff it and then get punished. Use ftilt.

Be more reactionary on the ledge. There's no reason to get up when your opponent just jumped and a nair is pretty much guaranteed to come.

Pressure, pressure, pressure. You let him back onto the stage for free way too often. ROB can't handle pressure all that well, you really need to take advantage of it.

Quit with the superhero usmash reads. They're not what you should be focusing on.

There's no reason to be full hopping your fairs.

1:39 Why nair? Just why? It accomplished nothing and actually gave him to opportunity to just hold up to escape and punish you for it. Nair is a gdlk move, that's true- use it appropriately though. Fair was a significantly better move choice there.

Actually, just more fair overall.

Take guaranteed damage when it's offered to you. If you're not 100% you can follow-up on the nair out of fthrow, take the tipper fsmash.

Don't let your DS save him... Just footstool or jump over him so the DS won't bring him up with you.

You give him way too much space getting back onto the stage. Walking away from the ledge is one thing- dashing away gives a big opening.

You really need to watch yourself on the ledge.

Quit trying to do the fair->DS as needed stage spike stuff vs characters that can gimp your recovery. Ike, Snake, Diddy- sure. ROB can gimp your recovery easily though. Don't give him free damage/a stock.

Actually, game 2 you were recovering a little better.

Watch your RCO lag (talk to Nike about it).

Nair OoS isn't exactly your best punishing move... Use Dancing Blade. It's a good move, I promise.

He's shielding on a platform above you. Since nobody has taken the time to learn platform drops OoS/can do it consistently, there is no reason for you to be shielding underneath him. Platform pressure is good- especially vs a shield as terrible as ROB's.

Fsmash is not an edgeguarding tool or something to just throw out. It's for specific punishes. You use it way too much. In fact, I'm not going to do it because I'm lazy, you should do what the Ike players do. Count all your "failsmashes" (fsmashes that whiffed). Along with that could your fsmashes that didn't tipper when dsmash would have. Compare it to the number of tipper fsmashes. You now have a good understanding of just how much you're overusing fsmash.

Learn what moves you can't shieldgrab. ROB's bair is usually one of them.

So much double jumping for no reason....

10:34-10:40 was very pretty and well done. I like it a lot... just not the roll that was right before it.

Work on your rolls in general (Kadaj and NEO have really good rolls).

The ledge on PS1 is super thin- you can uair through it instead of always trying to bair or w/e.

Don't spotdodge when you're in an advantageous situation (behind someone when they have their shield up for example).

Needs a lot more FFing.

Skel'D3

Smash Cadet
I think my bad habit of double jumping is because i'm a DDD main and DDD has so much jumps that I don't really care if I get hit because I have more jumps left ( and also an awesome DI )...

I will try to correct those bad habits and learn more thing about Marth because I'm actually playing him at instinct without knowing some important tips ( Like the good way of recovering, wich combo grab work on wich character... )

In all cases, thank you at all for giving to me some of your time to help my Marth to get better :)

Top Bottom