• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR 2 - Registration is Now Live at SKTAR.com! - August 3rd, 2013 - Somerset NJ

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Who's providing housing? I (as well as a few other dudes from Toronto) are considering coming down to this

I have to say, it's pretty inconvenient that we can't get refunded after July 6th when the tourney is in August :\

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh you guys can get refunded all the way up to July 29th. That's an error on my part that I must fix lol.

Also on sktar.com there is a post about a housing/hotel thread made by Tony T that you may want to join.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Right, cool. I found that, but is anyone providing free housing? Money is the only issue for all of us coming from Toronto, being able to save that $30 could actually make the difference between going and not going.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
THE TIME HAS COME!! ORDER YOUR #TeamTonyT or #TeamMEKWRshirts!!!! Go to www.sktar.com and click on "SKTAR T-SHIRTS" and choose your size and shirt!

ITS THAT SIMPLE!! Remember, proceeds of the t-shirt sales will go to the winner's charity! So PRE ORDER YOUR SHIRT TODAY!!! We can't guarantee that we will have a varity of sizes at the event for sale, SO ORDER THEM BEFORE THE EVENT!!

You will be able to pick up your shirt at SKTAR2! So that means no extra charges for shipping and handling!! JOIN THE #SKTAR2 HYPE!!

Keitaro

@ V115: I'll look around to see if I can find anyone offering free housing. The exact area I live in doesn't have many smashers so it will be tough.
Is there public transportation (besides a cab) from here to manhattan and back
Yup. There is a train in Manhattan you can take called the North East Corridor which can take you near the venue to the New Brunswick Train Station. From there we can have someone pick you up.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
By the way on the Rules page on the SKTAR website it says "Refunds accepted up until the date of July 7th 2012." You should probably change that.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yayyy i got accepted! I'm gona bend salem over in the nastiest way

uhhhh

yeah

Btw that thread is for anyone else that has a hype MM to accounce to so just post there!

Keitaro, hype the title of this thread with the mm???? :p

btw i just updated the callout thread with the match story/details

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So, barring crisis, myself, Chris Fisch and Astro (all from Toronto) are all confirmed! Reg, transportation and housing have all been paid for!

Big, big HUGE shoutouts to Astro for paying for me. I'm obviously paying him back eventually but since I don't have the money to pay for it all right now, he's using his. Such a nice gesture and I'm not even sure I would have been able to make it to this if it weren't for him.

There may be some more attendants coming from Toronto, we'll see.

All that said, I'm looking to team with someone new! Who wants to team with my ZSS? :D
Inbox if interested!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
YAY, MORE ZSS THAT MIGHT BEAT ME AT THE DITTO, I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!
Yay for reals though.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'll go if i can get a dubs teammate, anyone wanna team? i play :kirby2::ness2::jigglypuff::peach::pikachu2::dedede::lucas::zelda: so basically all the good characters.

btw i'm also from toronto, you might remember me from such tags as pidgezero_one and XxJiGgLyPuFf_DuDe_420xX

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
& im going to pay after i get a teammate because i blew like $1000 on a new phone and a mattel intellivision and i gotta wait to get paid

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
ah **** im late for work i guess ill wait till i get home to respond to the inevitable 1,000,000 team requests im going to have

Keitaro

35 venue? sounds stupid honestly are we using the same venue as KTAR7?

Edit: yep.. so gay! Who are we sponsoring to go to this tournament?
Venue fee from SKTAR is also being used to fund venue prices for KTAR 7. I wouldn't be able to run KTAR 7 without SKTAR 2. Venue price is actually ridiculous this time as the venue is bigger than one of the Apex rooms.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
holy crap my name takes forever to type when im tryign to log in

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
Wow. I thought just bcuz this was brawl, just bcuz it wasn't for me! Man was I wrong!

Any chance for another side event? Like SSF2?

And is there P:M?

Also, DODGEBALL HYPE!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Will be on vacation in New Jersey [Thur-Mon; what else is goin down???] when this happens. ****ing hype.

Top Bottom