• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR Results and Videos Thread

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Some interesting things regarding Europe.

-MVD 3-0'd Glutonny in a MM including a 3 stock
-Glutonny cried when he was eliuminated so no doubt he was giving it his all in bracket.
-Ally played Mr.R in friendlies the night before to learn his style for tourny, he used no nades in friendlies. Pro sandbagging to downloading.

:017:
what are you talking about, Ramin and ally have played a bunch of times this summer. I'm pretty sure they both know how each other plays, its just ally is ally and Ramin chocked alot in there set. the goof ball

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
He got bodied vs Elliot apparently

HUGE ups to Keitaro. Top 5 TO in the nation. RJ is probably in that mix of T5 TOs also, fantastic job you two.

Amazingly hype matches. Happy that this event was a success.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Chi, we're gonna have to step it up if we're gonna compete with this. I'm ready though.

Great job Keitaro for what appears to be a great event.

Cassio

Smash Master
This stream was amazing to watch.

Also Vinnie getting top 3 marks the first time a solo ICs has hit top 8 in an American national ever (not counting his lost matches to ESAM as peach/MK). Props.

BSP

Smash Legend
Major props to Keitaro for putting this on. From what I saw, the stream was well managed and great in general.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Good tourney. I don't think I've ever been that upset after losing xD oh well good stuff to elliot (*** u for not givin me real practice !) and rich brown for that amazing comeback, I should have went snake haha. I'll be back at apex probably ;D untill then thanks for the amazing experience everyone
Official shoutouts coming out later !

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hey, what happened with Dabuz?? He didn't enter singles??
Also, what happened with Diddy mains there? No one (ADHD, Player-1,...)?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
EE is right, I did not use GRENADES during my friendlies vs Mr R other than to recover. It was all intentional.

Yes Derek, I got bodied by Pikachu o.O.

Not mad though except that the whole Gluttony hype train drowned into a sinkhole. Mr R da bess in EU. Good stuff to Leon too.

Sorry Ramin =( I actually wanted you to do better, just not vs me

LOE1

Smash Lord
its understandable that gluttony was pretty sad when he lost. although he did accomplish 1 thing,beating atomisk :denzel:. thats all that matters

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Yeah cannot wait to get back to europe ! where i have 1 tourney every 4/5 months. that'll defintely help me close that gap between us !

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
AMAZING EVERYTHING

so many shoutouts

so many videos

uploading some now

will update you all soon

hope all you stream monsters had fun

hope everyone at the event loved it

~dip

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
All of the Singles Top 8 Matches, Atomsk vs Gluttony, Ally vs Gluttony, and the Nairo and ESAM interviews will be up tonight. About 6 videos are already up. The rest of the SKTAR videos will go up tomorrow throughout the day.

Okuser

Smash Ace
this tournament was so hype that we literally had the stream on the big screen at a tournament we just had in Louisiana haha, and most people were watching it.

a tournament watching a tournament

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Thanks Keitaro for putting on such an awesome event. It was amazing to watch and very well run from what I can tell.

Good shiz to Trela for being so legit, you've always been a favorite player of mine.

Good shiz to Mekos too, man way to put in work with your character.

My power went out for 6+ hours during Ally vs Esam Snake vs Pika I raged so hard.

Also who won the raffle plz? I put quite a bit into that >_>

I'm a videogame stuff collector and it'd be awesomely one of a kind to have that controller but after I noticed how many more people bought tickets I wanted to put in more but my power went out =/

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Mekos & Trela putting in WORK!
Good **** to Ramin, Leon & Gluttony for holding it down for Europe! <3

Keitaro

this tournament was so hype that we literally had the stream on the big screen at a tournament we just had in Louisiana haha, and most people were watching it.

a tournament watching a tournament
Wow that's pretty awesome lol! ;)

Keitaro

All Top 8 Singles Videos!

Anti vs Rich Brown - Losers Top 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRuRYjBSChQ

Tyrant vs Apex | Vinnie - Losers Top 8 - (Will be up soon)

Nairo vs Trela - Winners Semis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvc2HV1oAFE

Ally vs ESAM - Winners Semis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2fm6DGUK4

Anti vs Trela - Losers Quarters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_YvAlw5LA

Ally vs Apex | Vinnie - Losers Quarters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_dIs9Qag6I

Nairo vs ESAM - Winners Finals - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXfnLlsLS-c

ESAM vs Apex | Vinnie - Losers Finals - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzwVny3FBQ

Nairo vs ESAM - Grand Finals - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol7okWdAXws

"Captain America" Atomsk vs Gluttony - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOQeVniXPQ

Ally vs Gluttony (THE REMATCH!) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TUAtb3tLs

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah cannot wait to get back to europe ! where i have 1 tourney every 4/5 months. that'll defintely help me close that gap between us !

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Good stuff anyway, Ramin!!! Despite a lot of the trashtalk EU did pretty well at this [1 in top 10, 3 in top 20]. It's really dumb how people either have to overrate or underrate us so much. People who claim that EU sucks are just as dumb as people who think we are amazing. Our best players are pretty good at this game [Ramin got outplaced only by SoCal, NJ/NY, Ally and ESAM] and there are a lot of high-mid level players waiting for their breakthrough in France and Germany. No more & no less.

This tourney was really awesome to watch ... so many interesting things happening in the game right now. Mekos / Trela are INSANELY skilled, easily among the very best in the world, ESAM / Nairo are the best in the USA, Vinnie finally breaking his 'national curse' and the ICs are slowly but surely creeping up on MK now.
Germany will have a big tourney next summer and we all hope to see a lot of americans there! We've had like 15ish people coming to the USA for Genesis, Apex 10, Apex 12 and Sktar as well as a handful of japanese - it's time for you guys to return the favor!

:059:

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
shotouts from a streamonster

Thanks chibo, this was a perfect stream. I really hope see you streaming all brawl nationals, even melee and of course, apex 2013.

Thanks to Keitaro, first TO to bring us Glutonny <3 seems like Alex Strife bring Japan to us and Keitaro brings EU

I strongly understand Gluto, he is 17 years old and he was in soooo much pressure, He have the title of best of EU, everyone expected him to be Top 3 and he failed. I hope to see him at Apex 2013 making that revenge against everyone.

Keitaro, did Gluto and his mom enjoy USA? (so he can get back in january)
Really mad about Ally, I think is time to him to play some anti ICs character (diddy :D)
Anubis is GODLIKE in doubles

This was perfect, except Gluto losing to mekos. Looking forward to see the videos

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nobody with a level head expected Glut to take top 3. Or anybody from EU for that matter.

And lol @ using Diddy as anti-IC character xD

:059:

mikeray4

Smash Ace
The only issue I had with this tourney was the $35 venue fee. All the other KTARs had a $10 venue fee and for this tourney we had the venue open for a half day more than the other KTARs. We didn't seem to get anything more with our money either.

other than that, Snake mains need to have a 2nd character to do well at nationals. It's no longer a game where you can just main 1 character.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Shoutouts

-I'd Beat Crew
The Hypest crew at any given tourney

-Shugo
Nice seeing you again bro. see you in another 6 months LOL

-MVD
"Water" Fiend

-Kietaro
hosting the tournament hype

-everyone was was in Tony T's room day 1
fun friendlies

-Best Western Hotel Staff
GG *****Z I GOT TO KEEP MY ROOM AND PARTY ALL IN ONE DAY!

-EE Coontail DotCom Gunblade
Commentary bros

-Cruz
<3s and ****. and you stole my ****ing glasses. LOL

-Mekos and Esam
That Team Spacing.

iRJi

Smash Champion
The only issue I had with this tourney was the $35 venue fee. All the other KTARs had a $10 venue fee and for this tourney we had the venue open for a half day more than the other KTARs. We didn't seem to get anything more with our money either.

other than that, Snake mains need to have a 2nd character to do well at nationals. It's no longer a game where you can just main 1 character.
You got international players lol.

I just want to put out there that Keitaro used that extra money he received to pay and sponsor the multiple people who came from OOC to the event. For example, Orions trip was payed in full by Keitaro.

Also, good **** for everyone who played at SKtar. It was fun ^_^

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Rj and I did most of the t.o. work while keitaro was attending to business and picking people up and stuff, and not even a single shoutout, *sigh*. Good stuff keitaro it was a pleasure to be of assistance.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

PK IRapeWarioFromEuropeAndMakeHimCry!!!!!!!!!!!

Rj and I did most of the t.o. work while keitaro was attending to business and picking people up and stuff, and not even a single shoutout, *sigh*. Good stuff keitaro it was a pleasure to be of assistance.

F U dude. i thought you were this big bulky black dude on swf but then i saw u on stream and you turned out to be a white kid. MY DREAMS ARE CRUSHED AND YOU DESERVE NO SHOUTOUTS FOR NOT BEING BLACK BIG AND BULKY

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Tant you and RJ did a lot and we all worked hard...I was running around being a gofer ( something I enjoy at times xD ) and Keit was busting his ***.

Thing is that if your name is the one that makes the thread or is the main host the people busting their *** sometimes gets left out. Do not take it personal as you know and I know how much work you guys put in and everyone had a great time. I am proud to say you 2 are amazing.

Top Bottom