• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKTAR - Road to Apex - Final Bracket POSTED!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everyone, they are done and confirmed by various TOs of the event. As you may or not know (I am unsure if Keitaro announced this or not), but the event will be running Bracket Pools. This is the system used at popular large tournaments like the Evolution 2k series, and was recently ran at CoT6 last month which came with very positive reception. Essentially, everyone is still split up into pools, though instead of a round robin event being ran for each pool, it is a double elimination bracket. This means fewer matches overall for each pool, which was required due to the number of entrants for this event to have it run efficiently and on time.

Even though this was ran at CoT6 about a month and a half ago, there are some changes with Bracket Pools at SKTAR. CoT6 had top 4 promoted from each pool. Winners Finals and Losers Finals would not be played out, leaving 2 first seeds and 2 second seeds from each pool. SKTAR on the other hand will play out both Winners Finals and Losers Finals in each pool, but not Grand Finals. Four players will still be promoted, but there will be a first seed, second seed, third seed, and fourth seed. Because of the lack of Grand Finals, the winner of Winner Finals will become first seed, the winner of Losers Finals will become second seed, and so on. All sets in the pool are best of three, including Winners Finals and Losers Finals. SKTAR has 16 pools, with pools having 8 or 9 players a piece. Top four will be promoted from each pool to a final 64 person bracket.

And without further ado, here are the pools in full bracket image form. Please note that there might be slight changes to the pools from now until the tournament. All at the door entrants will be filled into sections on the bracket pools where there are byes. If you see any conflicts with the pools, please post them in this thread.

[collapse=SKTAR Pools]
I promise this time!
[collapse=SKTAR Pools]

[collapse=Pool 01]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 02]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 03]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 04]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 05]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 06]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 07]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 08]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 09]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 10]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 11]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 12]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 13]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 14]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 15]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pool 16]

[/collapse]

[/collapse]
[/collapse]

M@v

Subarashii!
LUCKY #1 WHERE YOU AT.

ANTI if I face you imma get destroyed WRECK YOUR ****.

Also, Poyo I see we get a rematch I see :D

M@v

Subarashii!
We never played in tourney, only MM. I guess a re-match is a re-match though. XD

Still I find it weird my pool has two ranked PA players. O.o
And anti and Malcolm D:. Last PA rankings were ages ago, but if we did rankings since then, kt and I would both still be ranked.

Yeah thats what I meant. It was a couple years ago at one of the harrisburg tourneys right?

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
And anti and Malcolm D:. Last PA rankings were ages ago, but if we did rankings since then, kt and I would both still be ranked.

Yeah thats what I meant. It was a couple years ago at one of the harrisburg tourneys right?
Yeah. The one I lost to Berserker in pools at. ;_;

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lol these pools are ridiculous, I don't mean they are poorly made (they look equally balanced, good job chibo and crew), but this tournament is gonna be so stacked lol. Like all of these pools have really good players, I can't wait to see this play out.

I hope everyone has fun at this, I will be stream monstering :denzel:

M@v

Subarashii!
Pools in a nutshell:

You play out these mini tournaments.

Whoever places top 4 in these mini tournaments advance to the main 64 person tournament.

Bam.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
pool 9 is insane O_O

edit: OH WTF top 4 outta each pool?? i thought it was only top 2

NNID
Budget_Player
Salem and Vinnie, huh? I can take the latter. Dunno about the former. Yes, I'm totally not realistic. Sue me.

And it's not round robin?

;___;

I'm gonna have to bust my *** to get a shot at playing them both. :(

Who was the third seed? Me or someone else? I don't know any of the other names in pool 16, so I'm just trying to get a feel for who to watch out for. Is there any way to tell how people were seeded?

M@v

Subarashii!
^ I got Glut in my pool. I win.
I wasn't really winning, its 2 other people from my State. lol. If I get to play malcolm though thatll be fun :).

In reality, the way I want the pool to go though, I don't. Because that would mean one of two things:

1. I somehow beat anti(LOL)

2. Its me vs Malcolm in a fight to the death for who gets out of the pool.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward for Gluto vs False !

Hope the hype matchs and WF (most possible to have 1st and 2nd = top players) get streamed

Top Bottom