• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skylink's Banner Shop - DON'T LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Skylink said:
Sorry this took so long. Even though the link was broken, I made one out of other pics I had. Here ya go, beegs:
Skylink, I didn't want to have to say this, but please work with tutorials. You are not progressing it is not looking good. Please, temporarily close your shop and I will give you some tuts. Then after you have learned from them you are open to reopen.

SatanX

Smash Apprentice
Pic: a pikachu
Size: standard
Text: SatanX
Backround: a fire backround
light effect: yes

Thanx in advance

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
Sinz said:
Skylink, I didn't want to have to say this, but please work with tutorials. You are not progressing it is not looking good. Please, temporarily close your shop and I will give you some tuts. Then after you have learned from them you are open to reopen.
I don't like to admit it, but Sinz has a point. My banners arn't good and they need to be better. I'm closing it for a few days until I can make banners well
If a mod could temporarily lock this, tha'd be great. (not that I need that, if I want to open it again soon...)

bombsoldier_002

Smash Rookie
Skylink said:
Here, viper. the animation took awhile, and in the end, it seemed unneccicary compared with five minutes of normal text. I'll give you both, and let you pick:

allabout's is coming soon...
ha ha awesome.
Thanks for the banner.word

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
btw, skylink I forgot to offeryou my new little bar. (Sinz Fan.)

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Mind if I test your new banner skills?
Size:360x140 or 150
Image:

Color: Well obviously, something that complements the render, so like, red or something.
Text: *Text*

Skylink

Smash Lord
btw, skylink I forgot to offeryou my new little bar. (Sinz Fan.)
Sure. Do you know how I could get it ontop my link GIF?:confused:

And Here is your fine Banner :)

I didn't know what to do with the rest, so I waved it around with a seperate overlay background, Waved it, Ocean rippled it, and added difference duplicate layers to the mess underneath the *text*

*text* kinda ruins it IMO...

I could use some rep for theese... :psycho:

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
You have a point there. I said to put *text* as the text just because I couldn't think of anything better. Although without the text, the banner looks like it would seem kinda empty.

Overall though, you are getting much better. Keep up the good work ;)

DuKe™

Smash Journeyman
can i have just get a Marth banner 400x100
i dont care what pics are puy in or what backround or anything else just make it look decent plz
i just want a banner and for text make it say Gaurdian Of Honor

BlitzSh4ft

Smash Apprentice
Dude, hook me up with a banner! ^_^

.....is that all i have to do? Will someone PM me or something? lol

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I PMed Skylink for a banner, and I couldn't be happier. Huzzah for me! I mean Skylink!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Buzz needs a new sig. I need Young Link (preferably spinning) and The Buzz Saw (words) on it. Otherwise, it's up to you. Be creative. >_<

wakerofthewinds

Smash Journeyman
All right Skylink, hook me up!
Size: Really dont know, just average(normal)
Pic: Any cool Fox pics
Text:wakerofthewinds
I'm kinda new to this so will you PM me whan ready, or what?

P.S. Check out my current sig...
Can the color be Green, fading into sky blue? Thx.

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Skylink do you think you can hook me up with another banner? If so,
Character: Doc anything cool in blue
Text:ROC
Size: normal
Backround: Black w/ any cool animations you can add to it.

Take as much time as you need. also the last one was done really fast and it was awsome thanks alot!

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Its really cool. I guess I'll Have to start maining doc more for it to be accurate though. Dont Know if you read but I'm w/ TNR now and if you could put something cool into the Ice Climbers sig saying that I would Really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Your getting some rep BTW.

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Thanks but going back to my Ice Climbers signature, the very first one can you add in Team No Respect underneath ROC please.

P.S. Is there a way I can save all these in my user cp? Also, the animations are cool and you dont need do all that for me so you can leave it out so it doesnt take you that long. Thanks in advance!

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
Skylink, for some reason I don't think your banners are very professional-looking. But everyone else seems satisfied with them, so I guess its okay. I'll admit, at first I thought this thread was a joke, after seeing the very first banner. I was like, what? I think you need to work on editing the banners a little more. They look kind of sloppy. Look at the Ice Climbers in post 72. Is it supposed to be like that? And in post 70, the banner on the bottom looks messy and pretty bad. LOL, sorry if that sounds mean, but I'm trying to be honest. To give you an idea of what a professional banner looks like, take a look at these ones that my younger brother (13 years old) created. He's not perfect either, but he's still trying to learn new techniques for making good banners. You should too:

Here's a neat thing - see the corners of the banner on top. They are transparent (of course, if you are using Internet Explorer, they might not be). You should try changing the shape of your banners by making some parts transparent. That will make them cool.

In these banners, the renders have been cut out neatly so that it looks good on top of the background. In some of your banners, I noticed the renders were choppy at some points and stuff like that. Hope you'll try and improve.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hey, my sig isn't there anymore. Can you repost it for me? :(

Skylink

Smash Lord
Skylink, for some reason I don't think your banners are very professional-looking. But everyone else seems satisfied with them, so I guess its okay. I'll admit, at first I thought this thread was a joke, after seeing the very first banner. I was like, what? I think you need to work on editing the banners a little more. They look kind of sloppy. Look at the Ice Climbers in post 72. Is it supposed to be like that? And in post 70, the banner on the bottom looks messy and pretty bad. LOL, sorry if that sounds mean, but I'm trying to be honest. To give you an idea of what a professional banner looks like, take a look at these ones that my younger brother (13 years old) created. He's not perfect either, but he's still trying to learn new techniques for making good banners. You should too:

Here's a neat thing - see the corners of the banner on top. They are transparent (of course, if you are using Internet Explorer, they might not be). You should try changing the shape of your banners by making some parts transparent. That will make them cool.

In these banners, the renders have been cut out neatly so that it looks good on top of the background. In some of your banners, I noticed the renders were choppy at some points and stuff like that. Hope you'll try and improve.
Thanks. No, this isn't/wasn't a joke thread, but the ones on the first page were one of the first banners I ever made. The ones after Sinz asked me to close down are much better than thoes, If you didn't look at them. I'm still learning, and I'm willing to use any help I can get, and to improve as much as possible. And also, yes, I'm using internet explorer. But I imagine that most of you are using firefox, so I'll try that.

EDIT: ****, I ment to copy this into my last post, sorry for double posting

Picf, Here is your Banner. :)

Also, If you want, since I have premium membership, with your permission, I can ask an administrator to change your name to Dr. ROC or whatever you want.

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
O crap, Yeah thanks that would be cool you have my permission. What do I got to do? Thanks for the banner, really sorry about this but I just need you to put team no respect under Roc in my Ice Climber-only banner w/ the cyan backround. If you could take out the Doc it would make more since because I still really suck w/ him. Could I get the "team no respect" in red please. Really sorry bout these tall orders your the best, and take as much time as you need. Thanks in advance again.

Skylink

Smash Lord
O crap, Yeah thanks that would be cool you have my permission. What do I got to do? Thanks for the banner, really sorry about this but I just need you to put team no respect under Roc in my Ice Climber-only banner w/ the cyan backround. If you could take out the Doc it would make more since because I still really suck w/ him. Could I get the "team no respect" in red please. Really sorry bout these tall orders your the best, and take as much time as you need. Thanks in advance again.
:psycho:

THERE.

I'm gonna PM a mod, and he's prolly gonna PM you. Now, you want Dr. ROC, or just ROC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom