• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skynet Gaming - 11/20/11 - Grand Rapids, MI

1: L_Cancel ($120.60): Really close set. got a lot of great stories. It was great seeing you again.
2: Tutu ($60.30): lol@2nd, almost got 3rd 4th and 5th. y so free
3: Roller ($20.10): Great set in winners finals, it came really close but you got me in the end. don't feel bad about the pause bro we both know you wouldn't have dropped it, GGs, peach breaks out of grabs on her own.
4: Tech_Chase: You played so well game 1... then it just didn't carry over into the next ones. Play like you did game 1 every game dude.
5: Ori: Sd's bro, I know it hurts esp last stock at virtually 0% when u have the game in the bag.
5: LordHelmet: Yooo this falcon though? Almost beat an ICs and a D3 you are legit bro. Cant wait to play vs you again, its been a loooong time.
7: Gifts: Yoooo I could tell that you really improved from the last time I saw you. That diddy is getting there bro.
7: SuperTH: lol... Sheik vs fox. Its rough to main him in MI, if it isnt an ICs or a Pika... its a sheik.
9: ShockSauce: Your falco is pretty legit, you should run away more though.
9: Red: Lucario is a really tough MU but ull get him next time, you had a really good loser's bracket run tho man. getting knocked out first round then getting 9th at your first tournament u got this son.
9: Lionell Brown: I don't think we played at this, but i remember watching you vs L_Cancel you did pretty well man. Hope to see more of you
9: Jawsome: I really like your pikachu, you adapt really well too. Hope to see more of you.
13: Christiopher Vosloo: Not sure who you were sorry
13: rsr2: It was cool meeting you offline. Hope you can make it to more.
13: Nyles Price: We played at youmacon and it was cool getting to see you again. Fox vs Sheik is rough but just keep trying man you already improved a lot since youmacon
13: Fishnax: Great job getting the word out(to both you and syrensilly) glad you got his thread up on smashboards, i think that really helped make this tournament a success.

17: Keenan Hampton: Your falco isn't bad bro, just keep putting time into him, and learn the chaingrab its really easy and helps so much in a lot of matchups. You said that you were gonna beat me next time we play, and imma hold you up to it.
17: Joseph Parks: I saw your GnW and Lucario vs Red in bracket. You're pretty legit man hope to see you make it out to more.
17: Halluraka: Not sure who you were or who you played as. I'm glad that you were able to make it out though.
17: Adam Demprey: Youmacon was amazing and it was really cool seeing you at this too, I didn't know that you played smash or else i would have tried to get some matches in with you at ycon.
17: Robert Parks: I don't think we talked at all, :(
17: Danny Ruiz: I'm fairly certain that you went by Tasty in game,I really liked your sheik, hopefully you'll be at more of this. The more Sheik mains the better.
17: Gonzo: I dont think i talked or played with you at all. Glad you could make it out.
17: Purin: We played in pools, its a shame you don't play much anymore
25: Lamp: I saw a bit of your wolf, and I liked what I saw. Glad you can make it out
25: Captain Rainbows (he used random characters like every match) You're a pretty chill guy from what icould tell, hope you can make it out to more, you could be the best random main in MI!
25: The Jin: Pretty certain that we didn't play, but thanks for making it out.
25: Briggs: Pretty certain that we didn't talk with each other but thanks for making it out.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Wait are you a West MI player?? If so that's awesome because I have a brawl league that meets every now and then on Saturdays at Skynet and we were planning a bigger UBFC event in the coming month with some Muskegon guys. It'd be awesome if we could meet up sometime.
I'm working on talking to every part of West MI and seeing what we can put together for our area, but yeah, I'm about as West MI as West MI can be - a mile from the shores of Lake Michigan.

Also I have no idea what UBFC means. Last I checked it meant 'Ultimate Bass Fishing Challenge', which doesn't exactly mesh with my interests, nor would I think it would with many Smashers. I suppose it could be 'Brawl Fighting', but... naaaah.

Maybe I'll run another tournament out here and post it up on Smashboards. The last one, which didn't have any advertising here, subsided on ~10 locals, I'm sure if I run another event... Hm. Either way, send me a PM sometime soon, see if we can't talk on Skype.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Sorry i got in the habit of saying ubfc to people that attend it regularly. (Underground Brawl Fight Club) just a little group I created of brawl locals that smash every weekend. But a tournament would be great.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
First off I just want to say thank you to all of the East MI people that came out to this. It was awesome seeing you guys again, and Roller for the first time. We really appreciate you coming over here and working with us and helping us to get better. Expect us to return the favor by lots of dedicated practice, and showing up over on your side of the state ready to compete

1: L_Cancel ($120.60): Great job at getting first. Thanks for wrecking me in pools and helping me realizing how far I really have to go to get good
2: Tutu ($60.30): It was good to see you again. Red is getting me pretty used to the shiek matchup, so next time we meet I should give you a pretty good match.
3: Roller ($20.10): Thanks for the Pika dittos. Hopefully I'll learn not to kill myself as much next time and actually let you get a few more KO's on me haha. Really looking forward to playing you again at Tech's tourney
4: Tech_Chase: Thanks so much for making this tourney awesome and giving it that Tech crunkness. Looking forward to your tournament and we better party or imma be pissed haha
5: Ori: good seeing you again. I'm gonna make it a point to play some friendlies with you next time.
5: LordHelmet: You have a nasty Falcon, wish I would have gotten a chance to play you
7: Gifts: Same applies to you, except for Diddy
7: SuperTH: I'm sooooo salty at you and your Marth. I promise next time we face off the results will be different lol. I had tons of fun our set, and it was deathly close. GG's
9: ShockSauce: Nice Falco, it was pretty fun friendlies
9: Red: Red, Red, Red. What can I say about you. You had the chance to play me in bracket, but you blew it. We need practice if we wanna stand a chance against these guys at their home terf. GET BETTER! lol
9: Jawsome: Needs more practice so you can be less free
13: rsr2: It was cool seeing you again, I almost didn't recognize you until you pulled out that Wolf. I'll say hi next time haha.
13: Nyles Price: Good Fox and Ness. Fun games.
13: Fishnax: I'll learn the Pit matchup one of these days haha
17: Joseph Parks: GG's. Use less roll, or don't make it so predictable. Change it up a bit, and you'll be set
17: Gonzo: Your'e improving tons, you need more trash talk though imo lol
25: Lamp: Didn't get to play you this time, but come next UBFC It's definately going down
25: Captain Rainbows: Your TL is really good. Going randoms was alot of fun, and you definately got me addicted to popping the balloon on Smashville now. GG's

CaptainRainbows

Smash Rookie
First off I just want to say thank you to all of the East MI people that came out to this. It was awesome seeing you guys again, and Roller for the first time. We really appreciate you coming over here and working with us and helping us to get better. Expect us to return the favor by lots of dedicated practice, and showing up over on your side of the state ready to compete

1: L_Cancel ($120.60): Great job at getting first. Thanks for wrecking me in pools and helping me realizing how far I really have to go to get good
2: Tutu ($60.30): It was good to see you again. Red is getting me pretty used to the shiek matchup, so next time we meet I should give you a pretty good match.
3: Roller ($20.10): Thanks for the Pika dittos. Hopefully I'll learn not to kill myself as much next time and actually let you get a few more KO's on me haha. Really looking forward to playing you again at Tech's tourney
4: Tech_Chase: Thanks so much for making this tourney awesome and giving it that Tech crunkness. Looking forward to your tournament and we better party or imma be pissed haha
5: Ori: good seeing you again. I'm gonna make it a point to play some friendlies with you next time.
5: LordHelmet: You have a nasty Falcon, wish I would have gotten a chance to play you
7: Gifts: Same applies to you, except for Diddy
7: SuperTH: I'm sooooo salty at you and your Marth. I promise next time we face off the results will be different lol. I had tons of fun our set, and it was deathly close. GG's
9: ShockSauce: Nice Falco, it was pretty fun friendlies
9: Red: Red, Red, Red. What can I say about you. You had the chance to play me in bracket, but you blew it. We need practice if we wanna stand a chance against these guys at their home terf. GET BETTER! lol
9: Jawsome: Needs more practice so you can be less free
13: rsr2: It was cool seeing you again, I almost didn't recognize you until you pulled out that Wolf. I'll say hi next time haha.
13: Nyles Price: Good Fox and Ness. Fun games.
13: Fishnax: I'll learn the Pit matchup one of these days haha
17: Joseph Parks: GG's. Use less roll, or don't make it so predictable. Change it up a bit, and you'll be set
17: Gonzo: Your'e improving tons, you need more trash talk though imo lol
25: Lamp: Didn't get to play you this time, but come next UBFC It's definately going down
25: Captain Rainbows: Your TL is really good. Going randoms was alot of fun, and you definately got me addicted to popping the balloon on Smashville now. GG's
I try not to take anything serious. Definately had a good time. Balloons win games man. Im telling ya.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1: L_Cancel ($120.60) - much love Jason. It was great to see you after such a long time. Our set was great and I wish I could have won, but :castlesiege: is broken for :olimar:
2: Tutu ($60.30) - dem sd's. That sd game 1 destroyed my confidence :( I took the advice you gave me and I tried to implement it and it helped a lot. Till next time sir
3: Roller ($20.10) - Good stuff on 3rd. You almost had L_Cancel and Tutu! Till next time.
4: Tech_Chase - good stuff Derek, you really helped out with TO'ing and making this a HUGE success.
5: Ori - more like Kool SD's Bro
5: LordHelmet - LORDY you nearly stole the show dude, so close to beating Tech and Roller. You had me at the edge of my seat.
7: Gifts - for someone who hasn't played since SiiS6 you did great. I was really nervous at the end of our set. Your Diddy is good, with practice I think it could get even better. TYVM for driving dude, none of this would have been possible if it weren't for you.
7: SuperTH - <3 great to see you Miles. I'm glad you were able to make it out for this. Hope to see you at Phoenix Saga.
9: ShockSauce - I liked what I saw in your Falco. If you practice what Tech told you I think you have a shot at becoming a great falco.
9: Red - fun sheik. glad i was your first IC :3. LOL at you timing everyone out in pools/friendlies.
9: Jawsome - great seeing you. we definitely need to play at the next tourney.
13: rsr2 - :o great to see you again Randall that GnW surprised me haha. sorry about no Bdubs, gifts wanted to go and I dont blame him, we got back to my area at 1 am.
13: Fishnax - So i hear you have skyward sword :3
17: Joseph Parks - great to see you Joey! Hopefully you come down for Phoenix Saga
17: Robjo - see your bro.
17: Gonzo - I do have friends actually. There in my head :psycho:
25: Captain Rainbows - great to meet you Chris. Wish we had played, but next time? Also it was legit to talk to you outside when I was taking a breather. You are the type of person who is great to have in the community, chill, laid back, knows when to give a ****, fun to just talk to. Hope to see you around.

CaptainRainbows

Smash Rookie
25: Captain Rainbows - great to meet you Chris. Wish we had played, but next time? Also it was legit to talk to you outside when I was taking a breather. You are the type of person who is great to have in the community, chill, laid back, knows when to give a ****, fun to just talk to. Hope to see you around.
Yea my first tourney i had the jitters so bad. I was think about dropping since the beginning. Glad i didnt. Next time ill sleep, eat, Practice, and do some light stretches before my round. Yea it was soooo great meeting you guys rsr has told me tons about you guys. Totally true everyone was so chill. One last shout. Lordhelmet. Insane. Just. amazing. So much hype. I was rooting for you man and i didnt even know you!

rsr2

Smash Lord
13: rsr2 - :o great to see you again Randall that GnW surprised me haha. sorry about no Bdubs, gifts wanted to go and I dont blame him, we got back to my area at 1 am.
Totally understandable. We didn't leave B-Dubs until 9:30 and got home at a little before 1. I felt bad for a couple people because they slept on the way back and had to drive back to their house which was about 30 minutes away >_> Now for Phoenix Saga, if we do not get B-Dubs I will cut my wrist for each wing I don't get > : (

rsr2

Smash Lord
Good because I usually buy 18 wings and a beer. That would've been a lot of cutting : \

(No I don't eat all 18, even though I am so fat that I could >_>)

Roller

Smash Legend
Most I've ever eaten at bdubs was 34 wings. Though it was over the course of a Hockey game I was watching there with some people.

Also, me and Ori ordered 50 last time we went after Rizk's tourney. I think I ate ~18 there and then finished the rest of my share when I got home. lol

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Wolves. Wolves everywhere.

I'm hoping I can come to the December 10th tournament. I find out today if I can, but I doubt I'll be able since work continues to **** me over. ;(

Also, so much diversity in characters in the results. O.o

Top Bottom