• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword lady

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I never finished WW, what significance is that girl to the storyline?

Because I can already say that if she's not important, any similarities is coincidental.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So...............she's not related.

There's also a glaring contradiction.

If the Skyward Sword lady turns into the Master Sword, how could she exist later in Wind Waker while Toon Link has the sword IN HIS HAND? Twins? DNA splicing?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Firstly, the Skyward Sword and the girl are the same entity. Let's clarify that. Secondly, perhaps when it becomes the Master Sword, the two forms (sword and spirit) are split. Since the game seems to be about Link purifying the overrun world of Hyrule with the help of the Skyward Sword, perhaps after doing so the spirit breaks away from the sword so she can watch over and protect the land as the Fairy Queen. The sword would continue to exist as a weapon to fight evil. This would tie SS in with TP and WW.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yet what makes her any different than any other of the fairies with the same purpose as her? To me, the girl just looks blue. She doesn't share many properties of the appearance of the Skyward Sword girl. The only similarities would be the color.

On top of that, it's unlikely that the sword and spirit are separate. What makes the sword special, I suppose? I doubt it's how finely crafted it is. I'm pretty sure it's called the bane of evil because the bane of evil IS the Master Sword.

edit: Also, she shows no signs of knowing who she is. She would she go (in WW): "Oh hey, nice sword. You know, that used to be me. Well, here's your arrows I guess."

Spire

III
BRoomer
I won't get into the obvious things like the hair style, general head shape, featureless marble-like eyes, so on and so forth. If you'll look in the GDC trailer, the button D-pad button summons the Skyward Sword girl and her icon is identical to her face in the WW artwork. Literally. Beyond that, is it so hard to imagine the Fairy Queen as a simplified design of the SS girl in the concept art? Who knows if she's going to end up looking like that after all - we haven't seen her in game. Beyond that, perhaps when she is split from the sword itself, she loses her memory as that entity and gains a more mundane appearance versus her ornate sword drapery outfit.

Ultimately, we're just going to have to wait and see.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
We learned eons ago not to take visuals seriously when it came to comparing Zelda games. If we did that, then Hyrule is rotating every couple centuries.

And again, it doesn't make sense for her to split. She's most likely the actual power behind the blade.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Whatever dude. You've as much chance being wrong as I do. I see no point in discussing this until we hear more news on the character.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Just saying, there's nothing tying the two together besides subtle visual similarities.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd like to add one more tidbit. The Gale Boomerang is inhabited by (or perhaps is) the "Fairy of Winds", so that's proof enough that fairies can be spiritually tied to magical weapons/tools. Seeing as how the Skyward Sword girl resembles the Fairy Queen, they really could be one in the same.

This also somewhat supports my ancient theory that Navi and the Dominion Rod were one in the same.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't really think much about this either way but how can you look at those two images and say they are only "subtly" similar? The head and face is almost the exact same bar a very slightly different 'hair'style

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's a result of the art style that they look so similar.

As for the Gale of Winds, do you see a seperate fairy AND the boomerang? No, it's one entity. Even if it has an ego, it's still bonded.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Not really. The only image that sword fairy thing has appeared uses a VERY different artstyle from Wind Waker.

As of now, where we only have that image to base any discussion off of, saying this is just a coincidence because of similar art styles is pretty grasping for straws to me. The art style of the actual game is irrelevant at this point.

It could very well be nothing, but we can't really say either way atm

astatine

Smash Rookie
Not really. The only image that sword fairy thing has appeared uses a VERY different artstyle from Wind Waker.

As of now, where we only have that image to base any discussion off of, saying this is just a coincidence because of similar art styles is pretty grasping for straws to me. The art style of the actual game is irrelevant at this point.

It could very well be nothing, but we can't really say either way atm
I doubt its anything

Top Bottom