• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Omega Palutena's. The music counterpicks are so real on that stage. Some of the best music in the game.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
The tough thing about this thread is that we don't have a goalpost. What makes a move need a buff? If it's totally useless? I don't think anything Pit has would qualify. Are we trying to make him S tier? A tier? High B tier? If one of the latter, why not just go all the way to S? A character can always be better. If he was totally unviable then I'd say sure, let's at least make him worthy of choosing competitively, but he's already pretty darn good.

If we're just wish-listing, there are some things that annoy me:
- Nair doesn't pull people in like most other multi-hit moves
- Side+B's super armor is inconsistent and some moves randomly break through it
- Side+B is weaker in the air. If I can nail an opponent while high in the air I shouldn't only launch them as high as if I had hit them on the ground.
- People shouldn't be able to grab you through orbitars unless they have a tether grab.
- WHY DO YOU HAVE TO POSE AFTER FTILT WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU JUST KEEP FIGHTING

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
The tough thing about this thread is that we don't have a goalpost. What makes a move need a buff? If it's totally useless? I don't think anything Pit has would qualify.
U tilt, but I don't think you could do much to it unless you improve combo game which would probably make the move too safe
- Nair doesn't pull people in like most other multi-hit moves
neither does U air, (sort of) Usmash and Fsmash

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
U tilt, but I don't think you could do much to it unless you improve combo game which would probably make the move too safe

neither does U air, (sort of) Usmash and Fsmash
Actually, u-air does, I'm pretty sure of it. I know at the very least it drags people into it horizontally, I've used it and just barely scraped someone with the side and it pulled them into the move. The other two are different from nair because you don't use them while moving. (Although, up smash kind of does drag you in, if you hit a tall grounded opponent from the front. Not always reliable tho)

But what I mean is like, Pikachu's back air drags people into the rest of the move because if it didn't, Pikachu would fly past the opponent before the move ended. Nair can be used while moving through the air but won't drag people along with you so it's easy to get a few hits and then the opponent falls out of it.

EDIT: Also I find myself getting use out of u-tilt every few battles or so. So not the most reliable, but definitely not useless IMO.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Greetings Pits of Smash 4.

Nah, just joking. My name is Unknown Hero and I have been playing Pit for a while and am really enjoying him and just though I would join the ranks of Palutena's army alongside our angel of Skyworld.

So wha's up? :)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Greetings Pits of Smash 4.

Nah, just joking. My name is Unknown Hero and I have been playing Pit for a while and am really enjoying him and just though I would join the ranks of Palutena's army alongside our angel of Skyworld.

So wha's up? :)
Well hello there~ Nice to see a familiar face 'round these parts~

All is well. And yourself?

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
:4palutena: kekekekek~ :3

I think this is the most activity this thread's seen in a long time. >w<;;
I'd love to talk about the Kid Icarus franchise with more people, but, well...I'm not super into Uprising's online, and there aren't as many people here willing to talk about random crap, the way people in the Robin Social Thread do.

But seriously, Mr. Sakurai...Kid Icarus Uprising 2? ...Please?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'd love to talk about the Kid Icarus franchise with more people, but, well...I'm not super into Uprising's online, and there aren't as many people here willing to talk about random crap, the way people in the Robin Social Thread do.

But seriously, Mr. Sakurai...Kid Icarus Uprising 2? ...Please?
I didn't know people enjoyed that game so much, mainly because I heard it was the best unplayable game ever made. I don't think I heard to many people not rag on the controls

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I didn't know people enjoyed that game so much, mainly because I heard it was the best unplayable game ever made. I don't think I heard to many people not rag on the controls
Honestly, I was with them for about 1/4 of the way through the game. Then something 'clicked'. I'm not sure what. It might have been that I got use to quick dodging, that I became more familiar with the weapons and items, but something made me say, "Holy Mackerel! This game is awesome!"

That's not necessarily an excuse for the game's...Odd controls, and I personally REALLY hate the, "Oh this game becomes good at X number of hours" argument, but I will point out even in the beginning I was having fun, I just found the controls awkward. And really, if I, somebody who is a part of the ostracized group known as left-handed people can get used to the controls I'm pretty sure anybody can.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I never actually had any issues with the controls. It just clicked with me instantly. Though it helps that I'm right-handed.

Uprising is my all-time favourite game. If Sakurai directs a sequel, I will actually cry with joy.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I pummel people near the ledge in my grab and when they break free I fall down and dair them. It either spikes or stage spikes.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
And that's why you don't listen to GFAQs, mate. Most that have actually played it think it's the best game on 3DS.

Myself, I'm just hoping for a N3DS patch to fix a few things and add in duel analog support so I can kick their rears with stylus controls. I had to play without a stylus for awhile actually... Setting ABXY to movement isn't that bad since dashing is intentionally stiff to begin with and I'm ambidextrous as far as controllers go, but aiming with the circle pad is damn-near impossible with how fast paced the game is, even with quick-turn. You basically have to compensate with high homing weapons to get anywhere, and that shuts you out from what is the absolute best Solo weapon, the Artillery Claws.

Did I mention I'm a KIU expert? :bluejump:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Please don't assume one place when I say everyone
The dodgy control setup is a common criticism, though you get used to it. As I say, I never had any problems with it.

Have you played it yourself, or are you referring to popular consensus?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Have you played it yourself, or are you referring to popular consensus?
consensus, kinda have to when I haven't played myself
I'm also the kinda of person who lets small faults in game bug him to an endless degree

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm also the kinda of person who lets small faults in game bug him to an endless degree
I'd recommend at least trying it, should you get the chance. Better to form an opinion based on experience, I reckon. :3

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
that's always true, Last I checked though I didn't see if they had a demo for the game
There isn't a demo (as I recall, it was released way before demos became a big thing). If you can get it on the cheap, though, definitely pick it up. :3

D

Deleted member

Pits upperdash arm needs less end lag because when you use it and miss you are open to attacks for about 1 entire second, which can lead to him getting grabbed and a big combo used on him which can be quite annoying

Last edited by a moderator:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I never actually had any issues with the controls. It just clicked with me instantly. Though it helps that I'm right-handed.

Uprising is my all-time favourite game. If Sakurai directs a sequel, I will actually cry with joy.
Me either. I kept seeing people complain about cramps and stuff but I never once got a cramp. They're just silly.

And that's why you don't listen to GFAQs, mate. Most that have actually played it think it's the best game on 3DS.

Myself, I'm just hoping for a N3DS patch to fix a few things and add in duel analog support so I can kick their rears with stylus controls. I had to play without a stylus for awhile actually... Setting ABXY to movement isn't that bad since dashing is intentionally stiff to begin with and I'm ambidextrous as far as controllers go, but aiming with the circle pad is damn-near impossible with how fast paced the game is, even with quick-turn. You basically have to compensate with high homing weapons to get anywhere, and that shuts you out from what is the absolute best Solo weapon, the Artillery Claws.

Did I mention I'm a KIU expert? :bluejump:
Hey, aren't you they guy I have seen have arguments with other people though I not sure why? Anyway, I am glad to meet you Master LancerStaff. I am Unknown Hero! For more information, ask Wintropy. Why? Cause I am to lazy to tell you myself XD.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
His Fair A.C's from a SH without FF. No need to make it have less landing lag. The thing with pit that is kinda sad to see is that he can't approach. You're stuck with dash grab's and fair but fair is too easily punishable. I want pit to somehow have an approach in an easier way. In the air he feels stiff, A bit too floaty and such and unable to move around freely like characters such as sheik/falcon/ZSS, it would be nice if he had some more mobility in that case. Lastly, I think he needs less arrow startup. Its hard to space out others when the arrow start up takes such a long time. If rosa has a side b insta startup why cant pit ;-;

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
His Fair A.C's from a SH without FF. No need to make it have less landing lag. The thing with pit that is kinda sad to see is that he can't approach. You're stuck with dash grab's and fair but fair is too easily punishable. I want pit to somehow have an approach in an easier way. In the air he feels stiff, A bit too floaty and such and unable to move around freely like characters such as sheik/falcon/ZSS, it would be nice if he had some more mobility in that case. Lastly, I think he needs less arrow startup. Its hard to space out others when the arrow start up takes such a long time. If rosa has a side b insta startup why cant pit ;-;
don't forget how arrows can get canceled out by any attack.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
don't forget how arrows can get canceled out by any attack.
What do you mean, to buff them so they can? That would be cool or if there was an exploit to do so.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a little word of advice; people tend to overreact, especially when a game tries to do something different(looking at you, Zelda fandom).
General consensus is something you should always take with a grain of salt.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
What do you mean, to buff them so they can? That would be cool or if there was an exploit to do so.
yea as of now arrows can be canceled out by most attacks.
Projectiles from other characters that you can't attack to cancel:
Bowser jr.s cannon and trap thingie
R.o.bs lazer and gyro (well gyro you can but not in air)
Shieks splinters
fox and falcos lazers

then again....pit does have the advantage of being able to control his arrows. pit is my favorite so he already is amazing to me! :)

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
How the hell do you cancel pits arrows. Unless you typoed 2 times...

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Here's a little word of advice; people tend to overreact, especially when a game tries to do something different(looking at you, Zelda fandom).
General consensus is something you should always take with a grain of salt.
however I'm really just off if a game had any form of discomfort as it can really take away from the experience and the gameplay
unless I get a demo or the game for free I'm more then likely not going to be playing it

Top Bottom