• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleep Deprivation

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I once pulled an all-nighter just to see what it was like. I made it past the night, but then was really tired and collapsed at about 1 pm that day. I would actually be interested in trying an all nighter for video games.

Also SW Battlefront ftw, even though I like the first one better.

Peeze

Smash Master
i work nights so i 4get how to sleep sometimes. i`ve worked, then went out of town that day. fell asleep driving back, ran a toll booth(didnt get a ticket wooh!) and ran off the road. then proceeded to work all night. got 2 bed around 2pm the next day.

5ive

Smash Champion
I don't have sleep deprivation. My schedule is just messed up ATM.

I'm sleeping at like 11 AM and waking up just before midnight. I need to fix this. I'm thinking of falling asleep later and later everyday until I hit a reasonable time. Any suggestions?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, i'm trying to get the most out of my Summer, so i normally don't go to sleep. But when i do, it's normally between 4:00-6:00AM.
I'm on here around that time :p

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
LP has INSOMNIA!!! x.x

Can't sleep for some reason...
This is an example btw, and i'll edit my post the latest time i'm up/before i go to bed.

Edit: Now, LP sleeps.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have only pulled one all nighter for a game. Though I will occasionally pull stay up till 2 am but rarely past that. (rarely that as well.)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't need sleep. I have NEVER had someone stay up longer than me. Yesterday I was up for about 36 hours, fell asleep at 3, woke up at 9:30. This is a good trait imo.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm going for a record right now, about 1 1/2 - 2 days strong. It's been on and off all my life, but these past 2 months/summer has been really hard on me. Going 1-3 days without/less than 4 hours of sleep(weeks with under an honest 30) might as well be considered common for me at this point. ****edest thing, too, considering I'm still going(most of the other times as well, I feel I only get tired if I'm 'forced' into thinking I'm tired/getting yelled at) despite going through days of hot/humid working in the sun, malnutrition of varying degrees, babysitting n' going out every other day/alternating, staying up 'til sunrise and rising before noon, etc. Honestly feel conflicted, as I fear my sleep schedule/internal clock might be indefinitely screwed up after this, but I really can't go to sleep or enjoy laying down. My mind won't stop, even if I'm lying down for a few hours. Literally do nothing but think myself crazy sometimes. Over exaggeratin a bit, maybe, but really have been ****ed up these past months. Waitin to see how long it'll continue.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Let's talk about it. I know we're all pretty serious players of vidyagames here, so we've all had those nights.
What's the longest you stayed up?
What's the weirdest thing you felt/did while up for too long?

My favorite story of this is a friend of mine stayed up for two days, went downstairs, and poured himself a nice refreshing plate of mountain dew...yeah.
Thats me ;]

Dude, Dillon swears he's stayed up for 96 hours. Nobody would ever believe that, right? But dude....its Dillon.

Also, my record is 40.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As stated earlier, to convert to hours my days before, during, and after a typical trip to Hong Kong I don't sleep for roughly 96 or more hours.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've been constantly awake for roughly 96 or more hours when I leave for Hong Kong and the night after arriving.

Sorry, my English isn't very good.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Does anyone else also hate those nights where you're lying in bed and your brain just won't shut off?

You just keep thinking of random **** for no reason, almost against your will.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hmmmm.

I'm not sure, kinda makes sense that it would.

That must be annoying having that so often, I don't get it very much.

Have any of you heard of FFI?

Fatal Familial Insomnia.

It's an extremely rare condition (about 40 families in the world have contracted it, as it is genetic) in which one is not able to sleep until death.

It looks like a rather terrible way to go, as one begins to act out their dreams, shrivel up, and eventually die from fatigue.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else also hate those nights where you're lying in bed and your brain just won't shut off?

You just keep thinking of random **** for no reason, almost against your will.
this is the worst ****ing thing ever
on topic i've stayed up for about 30 hours one time for my record

but 3 of my best all nighters were:
-friend's brother had just had a seizure while running and he needed to stay up all night for a brain scan the next day, so we bought like 50 sodas and watched movies all night
-more standard all nighter except for the fact that we went to crew the next morning and almost fell asleep on the boats
-just recently played ssf4 for about 8 hours with my friends and stayed up all night

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer

Fatal Familial Insomnia.

It's an extremely rare condition (about 40 families in the world have contracted it, as it is genetic) in which one is not able to sleep until death.

It looks like a rather terrible way to go, as one begins to act out their dreams, shrivel up, and eventually die from fatigue.
Yeah, this is a very interesting case. There's a great book about it called The Family That Couldn't Sleep by DT Max.

Djent

Smash Champion
32 hours in the summer of '08 on a class trip to Germany. It was the only option for us all to avoid jet lag and not fall asleep on the tour the next day. I recently did like 28 hours during finals week this past year (freshman year at college) and have gone to crew practice having had no sleep whatsoever. I always feel like absolute **** if I get less than 5 hours of sleep, but I never hallucinated after doing an all-nighter. I do make a lot of stupid mistakes, but nothing as bad as pouring a plate of mountain dew. :laugh:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"

Fatal Familial Insomnia.

Heard of that in Psych recently. Saw a video of a guy who went 6 months without sleep before dying.
Couldn't believe it, still can't.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I've gamed for 24 straight hours multiple times, usually at LAN Parties or other special events. The longest I've ever been awake without sleep was around 60 hours I think. I had a LAN Party and an all-nighter going away party for a friend on back to back nights. At the end of it all, I simply walked into my friend's living room and literally crashed on the carpet and fell asleep instantly, it was a great experience.

Yayuhz

Smash Apprentice
43 hours, and that was a week ago!

I've been awake for 25 hours atm, gonna try and last another 6hours then go to sleep as I'm hoping it'll sort my terrible sleeping schedule out.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was always the one that fell asleep first out of all my friends. So I always had the warm water trick tried on me or the whipped cream in my hand trick. Never worked though.

Top Bottom