• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slippery on the Battlefield:An Ice Climbers Stage Discussion Week 1, Battlefield!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
I would understand if this got deleted, I just didn't see a good IC stage discussion recently...

So I was look through the Ice Climber Index, and I noticed that the one stage discussion was pretty outdated. So I would like to take it upon myself to make a new stage discussion for my fellow ICs.

It will work like this:
1.I post a stage to discuss.
2.We ICs discuss it within a week long span.
3.I put a rating(out of 5) and an overview of the stage

So without further ado, here is this weeks stage:
Battlefield

Discuss

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Good stuff. :3 To be honest I was too lazy to do the last one,(...>_>) but hopefully you can do it. We really need a stage discussion.

Good luck! :D I'll do a write-up later.

.Smoreking.

Smash Cadet
I generally think this is a good IC stage. That flat parts allow for some easy CG's, and Ice Block shots. It's not that hard to edge guard either.

Prawn

Smash Master
Stage is pretty good, the platforms allow for good use of UAirs, it has a long flat bottom for grabs and you can get creative with ice block/blizzard desyncs and use the platforms to your advantage.

I'd say 3.5/5

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Another one of these? I really, really hope this one isn't forgotten as well.

Battlefield has its ups and downs for the ICs. The main stage is perfect for chaingrabs, but the numerous platforms give faster characters a chance to evade and camp you (you can pressure with U-airs, but they can only get you so far). If you happen to grab someone on one of the platforms at high percent, vertical kills suddenly become much easier to pull off, especially if you can CG them there without accidently falling through (personally, I wouldn't recommend trying to go up on any platform that often unless you happen to get knocked up there). With the platforms on each side, edgeguarding is not as easy as it could be (more options for landing), but it is still doable.

My score: 4/5. It wouldn't be my first choice, but there are far worse stages.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Batle field seems IMO like its better then smashville at the moment for me, blizzardpressuring and playing safe working with the platforms is great, if they try to platformcamp, predict in uairs. I would probably choose it over smashville, theres one bad thing though, MK gets his uair to up-b kills quite easily on this stage...

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Shouldn't the summaries also mention who the stage should be banned against and counter-picked against?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Its the best neutral.

5/5, cannot effectively camp to the sides and run away, up air is ****. It has always been my favorite stage either way.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Depends what kind of players you verse. but none the less, this is a good all around map. increases mindgame gameplay with the plats... which i like :D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
We don't need two of these. If this guy comes back and sees something wrong with this being closed, he can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom