• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slippy Toad for Smash DLC: (Star Fox Zero Hype and Slippy's Getting A Bigger Role!)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
The massive amount of "No's" in the Slippy Toad poll aren't suprisieng since many find that croaker annoying. But he's part of the team and most of their tech would not exist if it weren't for him. Them haters gonna hate.

I'm not surprised either. Most people would pick Krystal right away because of a staff used in one game. I've heard many saying "bruh, I never played stair fax, but I herd she has a stave so she's automatically better than anyone who doesn't" and this it's where I start to hate about their fan base.

Where did that image come from though? I never seen that before when I played 64...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not surprised either. Most people would pick Krystal right away because of a staff used in one game. I've heard many saying "bruh, I never played stair fax, but I herd she has a stave so she's automatically better than anyone who doesn't" and this it's where I start to hate about their fan base.

Where did that image come from though? I never seen that before when I played 64...
That, plus she's a female and well all know how the fandom feels about them. We need more touch females and this one's foxy enough to warrant being a fighter (even though some good Krystal fans exist). The staff is mostly the main draw of her character (an attempt at making her unique) without making her be a clone and Adventures is a rather divisive game at best.

That scene is from when you complete the Macbeth mission. It's arguably one of the few times where Slippy actually seem like a smartass. You can see the cutscene in its entirety here.

Logo12

Smash Lord
That, plus she's a female and well all know how the fandom feels about them. We need more touch females and this one's foxy enough to warrant being a fighter (even though some good Krystal fans exist). The staff is mostly the main draw of her character (an attempt at making her unique) without making her be a clone and Adventures is a rather divisive game at best.

That scene is from when you complete the Macbeth mission. It's arguably one of the few times where Slippy actually seem like a smartass. You can see the cutscene in its entirety here.

Interesting. I've reached all levels in three rounds, but never got to succeed in that stage...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Well there you have it fellows, Slippy is finally revealed to be playable ...... in Super Mario Maker as an 8-bit costume.

This is one step closer to seeing the green croaker in Smash. I wonder if anyone will start voting for him soon as they see this. :laugh:

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord

Well there you have it fellows, Slippy is finally revealed to be playable ...... in Super Mario Maker as an 8-bit costume.

This is one step closer to seeing the green croaker in Smash. I wonder if anyone will start voting for him soon as they see this. :laugh:
Woah hypepepepepspeogur

That's awesome news you've got there. While not too convincing to prove anything, that's at least something to look at.

Who's that in 99 btw?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Woah hypepepepepspeogur

That's awesome news you've got there. While not too convincing to prove anything, that's at least something to look at.

Who's that in 99 btw?
Ashley from WarioWare. She was shown along with the other leaked costumes like Celeste and Waluigi.

Still surprised that they chose Slippy of all characters unless a few other Star Fox characters will be involved.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Still surprised that they chose Slippy of all characters unless a few other Star Fox characters will be involved.
I'm going to assume the only starfox characters will be the original 4 members (Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy). I don't have high hopes for Wolf or Krystal.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh. I knew it, but wasn't so sure. What about 77 81?

Now let's hope for an Arwing amiibo in action... Lol
77 is Celeste the Owl and 81 is Digby (Isabelle's twin brother). Both are characters from Animal Crossing along with other additions like Isabelle and a few others.

An Arwing costume would be the funniest thing in history. I can already imagine it now. :laugh:

Logo12

Smash Lord
77 is Celeste the Owl and 81 is Digby (Isabelle's twin brother). Both are characters from Animal Crossing along with other additions like Isabelle and a few others.

An Arwing costume would be the funniest thing in history. I can already imagine it now. :laugh:
Hey, there's a ? Block and Goomba costume already, that actually won't be too far of a stretch lel

----

Actually, it's surprising no one mentioned this anywhere yet. Last time there was a fake leak where Tingle is shown in the game, then there were many inspections and topics about Tingle being in Smash or so around (not here). I have seen nothing this time. :/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol it just happened -- The walker is a costume in Mario Maker :laugh:

I'm a prophet xd
Just at saw it and it's beautiful. And now I've found my new favorite costume to wear when playing my copy of Super Mario Maker.

Thank Miyamoto!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Boy, GameXplain does love making levels with Slippy in Mario Maker. The first one is a reenactment of the Frogger arcade title with yours truly while the later is more along the lines of a Torture Level featuring him. The amount of work in these are great and they are equally as funny (especially if you aren't a sensitive Slippy fan that takes offense to the later).

Now that I think of it, a maze title for Slippy in the vein of a dungeon crawler would be a nice stand alone title for him. Or better yet, a side mission in Star Fox Zero knowing that not everyone would like the former to happen unlike Captain Toad.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Dunno if this has been posted here but this single image convinced me that we need Slippy in Smash.

I love turret-based characters in video games. This kind of moveset would really make me consider him a main.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Sign me in. A move set based on experimental gizmos would be perfect for him as well as having somewhat clumsy moves.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
He has even more potential for uniqueness than Wolf and Krystal if you ask me. Not to mention that his joke/meme status can be used in his favor.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With Star Fox Zero delayed, chances are that we will have to wait a while before we are able to get an idea of how big Slippy's role is.

On a positive note, I'm hoping that the gameplay and graphics are refined while the developers have some extra time to work on the game. While I may be asking for too much, I'm hoping that there will be some online functionality for the game (even if it's just leaderboards like Sin & Punishment: Star Successor).

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Well, Miyamoto DID say that they want the extra time to polish the game. Some online features could be possible with the extra development time.

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I'd love Slippy to get in as a third starfox rep but unfortunately I think Krystal would get in before him. Everybody & their mom seems to be voting for her.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a heads up Gene Gene the boards are closing soon. So if you want to keep the Slippy hype alive, allow me to invite you to the group where all character threads will remain.

Top Bottom