• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliq is Amazing and so Can You! *Now with Smileypants Bowser Avatar!*

Gleam

Smash Ace
I think a weekly match up discussion was once tried...and it only got through like...one page before the discussion just stopped. I don't think there was any discussion really, it was just. "Falco is hard, nuff said." I mean, I've got no problem with a weekly match up.

What we really need is a new list of all these Ganon techniques people are finding out. New ways of edgeguard Utilting, Fthrow---->Wizard foot combos to destroy those with bad recoveries and blowing up landmines with the boot to just name a few that I've read around the area.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think a weekly match up discussion was once tried...and it only got through like...one page before the discussion just stopped. I don't think there was any discussion really, it was just. "Falco is hard, nuff said." I mean, I've got no problem with a weekly match up.
Yeah, we've got a lot of bad match-ups, but we need to know HOW BAD, and we need counter-strategies. Plus, we might find a good one... somewhere. Lol, might even be MK's new threat, Diddy.

Really, we need it, it'll improve the Ganondorf community a lot.

What we really need is a new list of all these Ganon techniques people are finding out. New ways of edgeguard Utilting, Fthrow---->Wizard foot combos to destroy those with bad recoveries and blowing up landmines with the boot to just name a few that I've read around the area.
Goes without saying, but I'm not the person to do that unfortunately.

Gleam

Smash Ace
While I have no idea who Ganon's overall match ups will be, I think I have at least a decent idea.

Top tier-*****

Upper-Destroyed

High- killed (at this point, Ganon is still screwed, but at least has a few chances)

Mid- Disatvantage, but small. The highest would probably be a 7:3 at the top

low: All around, I can see disatvantages, neutrals and yes, even advantages.

bottom: Neutrals to advantages. Perhaps a large atvantage? Maybe a small disatvanage. But overall, he should do farily well at this spot

That's just my overall oppinion though.

Sliq

Smash Master
UPDATED!

Added Shin Breaker, Murder Dodge, and added material to Crush Punch, Murder Combo, and Murder Choke.

Jekyll inspired me to pick up Ganon again at Rofa's tournament.

idk, my bff Jekyll

I still play Bowser too though.

Jekyll

Smash Ace

idk, my bff Jekyll

And you inspired me to learn the f-ing matchups/how to play the game...Too bad I won't be going to many tournaments this semester(marching band).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

idk, my bff Jekyll

I still play Bowser too though.
It's like we're getting the band back together! Except, instead of the band it's just Sliq, and instead of playing music he just kills people.

Sliq

Smash Master

And you inspired me to learn the f-ing matchups/how to play the game...Too bad I won't be going to many tournaments this semester(marching band).
That is the creepiest **** baby ever.

But yeah, I do inspire wherever I go. Even strangers who don't know who I am get inspired. They usually break out into song and dance. No, it never gets old.

It's like we're getting the band back together! Except, instead of the band it's just Sliq, and instead of playing music he just kills people.

gb2bowserboards sliq

Just kidding, you're cool.

:034:

Smash Hero
That's been known, Sliq, only works on moving platforms.. Lylat Cruise, Pirate Ship and Smashville.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Update!

Added Platform Wavelanding.
As long as you're doing additions...

With the "stop projectiles" section, Ganondorf can dash attack through Bananas on the ground he just needs to be properly spaced.

Basically, if Diddy leaves a banana close enough for you to do this... do it. Glide-tossing Bananas and then following it up with Ganondorf is awesome.

Oh yes, they can be caught like every other item.

Sliq

Smash Master
That's been known, Sliq, only works on moving platforms.. Lylat Cruise, Pirate Ship and Smashville.
I assumed it had been known since when I did it Kel told me that it had been known, but at least now it is in the guide.

IT only works on moving plats' eh. I wonder why that is...

Smash Hero
IT only works on moving plats' eh. I wonder why that is...
No clue.

Works on:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pirate Ship
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Island

Any platform that is 'moving'... Whether the platforms move independently off the stage, or the whole stage is moving.

Video of Hylian doing some stuff with it with Marth (in the beginning): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfoA8k_erY

waks

Smash Journeyman
Question:

We all know downB's initial frames spike when done in the air. My question would be, what influences the angle that the opponent goes to?

I spiked people yesterday in the middle of FD (but sorta high up, and they went diagonally down to their doom, it was one of the coolest looking spikes ever, while they have purple flame on them XD). I also spiked people who directly jumped from the ledge, recovering to the stage and at the pinnacle of their jump, i did an aerial downB, and they went diagonally down.

I also noticed that the direction Ganon's downB goes to doesnt influence where the opponent goes (though I might be wrong about this, not sure, lol). I was also thinking perhaps it depends on where the opponent DIs, but i dont know.

Well, I hope I explained things enough for them to be understandable XD Thanks in advance for answering this question, if ever you guys know of it :) I figured it would be a nice way to edgeguard if there's a consistent way to pull it off.

(Small note, I landed on the stage with all those aerial downBs.)

I didnt want to make another topic, so I just posted it here, XD

TP

Smash Master
Does anyone else feel this should no longer be stickied? Mine is the first post in nearly 3 months, and it's will probably never be updated again. He doesn't even have a puppy avatar anymore. There is nothing in this guide that isn't already in Swoops', except Swoops does a better job of it. In my opinion, fewer stickies makes things look nicer. Your thoughts?

Sliq

Smash Master
Does anyone else feel this should no longer be stickied? Mine is the first post in nearly 3 months, and it's will probably never be updated again. He doesn't even have a puppy avatar anymore. There is nothing in this guide that isn't already in Swoops', except Swoops does a better job of it. In my opinion, fewer stickies makes things look nicer. Your thoughts?
I think I'm going to sticky your mom's face with my...well, you get the picture

But yeah, this is a good idea. I guess I'm going to have to write a Bowser guide worth stickying now. Dammit...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Sliq, how often do you troll these boards anyways? If something concerns you, you seem to always be here.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think he just comes by and searches his name and if nothing comes up he moves on.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Most likely, yes.

Since this thread is both useless and pointless, I'll go off-topic. Do you have time to brawl?
Nah man, I won't have my wii until next weekend. Let's try to get some matches in for sure then though.

B!squick

Smash Master
Sliq mains Bowser. I know, because I've searched his name in Tourny Results.

Sliq has a Ganondorf guide, but no Bowser guide.

...?

Smash Hero
He used to.

Nowadays, most new Bowser players have to fend for themselves.
Hmm... Don't you any guides? I mean, I can play Bowser up to an okay level just by seeing video's but newer players will be scared off from playing Boozer... And who knows, you might just get a golden egg in Brawl that'll get to win tournies O:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Hmm... Don't you any guides?
Not a good guide at any rate.

Vex and Sliq are the only Bowser players qualified to write an accurate guide. The problem is that Vex is pretty busy, and I have no idea what's up with Sliq. XD

There's no one to write the guide.

TP

Smash Master
Hey PhantomX, please desticky this. The desticky request was meaningless back when no mods ever came here, but now we can actually get something done around here. This guide has not been updated in over 6 months, except for a change in title. >_> Sliq said it was fine to desticky this (10 posts ago, 3 months ago).

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
You can leave it open, It'll eventually disappear. Just incase, on the small chance, that Sliq ever does a real update.

ollololollo

Top Bottom