• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slowed Down A

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I have noticed this with Sonics and now Toon links down A, it seems that you can stall these moves so that they either move slowly or not at all... Anyone know how to control this yet?

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I found it by doing it lol, I believe there is a video on the Dojo showing sonic do it...but I honestly don't recall. Anyhow, even though I do it sometimes I have no idea how to replicate it. It seems to happen only when I am fighting people...so I wonder if it possibly had something to do with the opponent (even though it can happen when above them with nothing hitting me).

Reynbo

Smash Cadet
Maybe it has to do with DI after being hit by your opponent or something?

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
And like I said its not a glith its just physics.

It happens when you're being throw upwards and uses your dair.

So two forces work together, one send you upwards, other downwards, nullifying each other, and thorefore stalling in the air until the force that sends you upwards halts and you start falling again.

Saunic

Smash Rookie
I agree it may not be a glitch, but Toon Link is the only one with ZSS to float like that. Sonic/Sheik/G&W or the IC's are just slowed down, but not floating like that.

HaXer

Smash Cadet
OMG... This is So So Awesome. With this help Toon Link Can Be Awesome. U Know That My Favorite Move And Now U can do that With it... It's Uber.

Thanks From Video

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
It seems like he stalls out after jumping with his second jump and it also looks like he keeps his horizontal momentum (both from the video)

I wonder if theres a way to do this without having to get hit first, it would be great to hover over the edge for a floating edge guard spike or if you could use it for float close to the ground like peaches short float.

Toon link looks fun

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
It seems like he stalls out after jumping with his second jump and it also looks like he keeps his horizontal momentum (both from the video)

I wonder if theres a way to do this without having to get hit first, it would be great to hover over the edge for a floating edge guard spike or if you could use it for float close to the ground like peaches short float.

Toon link looks fun
Anyone can tell this, this could mean a safer way to do that: http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7voERORf-g

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Perhaps you could could voluntarily do this by exploding a bomb on yourself and then immedately doing Dair? Bah, I'm just reaching here.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
And like I said its not a glith its just physics.

It happens when you're being throw upwards and uses your dair.

So two forces work together, one send you upwards, other downwards, nullifying each other, and thorefore stalling in the air until the force that sends you upwards halts and you start falling again.
You can't just DI upwards?
Like tapping down then up on the joystick in a DD motion?

I started to notice his Dair slowed in some vids, but I thought it was only from the bounce after the first hit...

Top Bottom