• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Smart Wizards-foot combo.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Well. Back in my old guide I had named combos that I loved. Its always fun making up stuff and giving it a cool name; ya know, dress it up and make it flashy. This is actually a really simple combo, I went ahead and put it in my guide, but, I expect the new stuff thats in there never gets looked at, unless your a newb and have a lot of time.

so, heres directly from the tome, on chapter 14 or whatev.

Wizards Wrath

Footstool + Wizards Foot.

Why is it good?

Well, the aerial version of the Wizards Foot, hits harder, and KILLS. Its one of our BEST killers actually ( I know, I didn't understand at first either, but, hey, if they are going to be that way then fine, i'lll find some more ways to own faces with that attack.)
So yea, I'm blocking and getting hit and blablabla, usually I roll away or maybe try to sidestep, or when they are done I can punch...their shield... and feel like i've hit them when its me who gets hit next. Or.

Jump up, Kick off their stupid little head and doing a wizards foot to their face.

....yea, thats how I roll.

This is, at the moment, a sneaky move thats given me a lot of kills. I want to test this more, but, I was able to tell my friend to "try and get out of this. Block or something." And a few times he got a "perfect shield" other times, I nailed him right in the face. You have to be super quick.
Whats good about this combo? Well, if you don't use and abuse it, its a FAST two hit KILL attack, that can come from lots of different encounters. I use this a lot when i'm close up and have my shield up, or when my opponent has just made an error.

But yea, there it is.

Kick off your friends face and Wizards Wrath-em and feel better about your G-dorf. Mwuaha!

..../omg sleep

~Shin_Ganondorf~

:034:

Smash Hero
So wait wait wait.

Wizard's Foot is actually more useful than we first thought? And it's also really cool and flashy? Count me in!

Only gripe with this is IF it's powershielded - you're in for a pummeling, aren't you? So it wouldn't be good to use this constantly, but more as a mindgame then a good viable tactic? Since powershielding is easier and all that...

Then again, with the low amount of Ganon players, it's not like this will be a widely known technique.. So people might fall for it more, maybe.

I don't really like the name, though.. Ganon isn't a wizard at all.. Kinda weird. Never did understand Wizard's Foot either... But yeah, it fits with Wizard's Foot and all that jazz so fine.

Stryks

Smash Hero
... visit the dojo much? footstool JUMP is the technique where u jump on the character, and about the 'combo', when u hit with the wizards foot, does it send him far enough so that they cant hit you after the lag of the wizards foot?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Hey this works really well. The timing is kind of weird for the jump though because it varies depending on how tall your opponent is.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
I really need to practice more; I'm missing stuff all over the place. That or it's wi-fi lag XD

I rarely have the time to set up for a footstool jump, but maybe that's because I'm really not playing any edgeguarding in my playstyle at the moment. Geez, so much stuff to work on :laugh:

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I really need to practice more; I'm missing stuff all over the place. That or it's wi-fi lag XD

I rarely have the time to set up for a footstool jump, but maybe that's because I'm really not playing any edgeguarding in my playstyle at the moment. Geez, so much stuff to work on :laugh:
You realize this technique involves footstopping hopping your opponent while they're standing on the stage, right? There's no edgeguarding involved.

And yeah, I've found that wifi play is never ideal. Even a bit of lag can really hurt your timing.

Manu

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf will crawl out of the bottom with these techniques =] going to go practice now.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hahaha, finally people are using the fsj properly!

Dude, I've been trying to tell people about this for ages, not for Ganon, but Toon Link and Lucario.

I thought Falcon would be able to do it safely, but I thought Ganon would just be too slow to pull it off. I'm glad I'm wrong!

The good thing about footstool attacks are that they're FAST, go through shields, and have ultimate priority over attacks. It's basically like grabbing your opponent from above.

SN3S

Smash Apprentice
You realize this technique involves footstopping hopping your opponent while they're standing on the stage, right? There's no edgeguarding involved.

And yeah, I've found that wifi play is never ideal. Even a bit of lag can really hurt your timing.
Ah, I see now.

And lag + ganon's moves = you're thinking 5 steps ahead, and that's just too much for a character like him :laugh:

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, finally people are using the fsj properly!

Dude, I've been trying to tell people about this for ages, not for Ganon, but Toon Link and Lucario.

I thought Falcon would be able to do it safely, but I thought Ganon would just be too slow to pull it off. I'm glad I'm wrong!

The good thing about footstool attacks are that they're FAST, go through shields, and have ultimate priority over attacks. It's basically like grabbing your opponent from above.
YOUR A SPY FOR AEVIN ARENT YOU!?! @_@;'

GET OUT OF HERE!!!

luls, j/k

Well the only reason why I made the attack is because of the unique KILLING property that the AERIAL version of the Wizards Foot has. Its designed to kill, really. At mid-percentages your going to be fine doing this attack as just an attack, don't worry too much.

Ganon recovers from his Aerial Down + B quicker than he did in Melee (I likes et!) which helps. That, and the nice nockback of the attack helps as well. Even the 8% ground pound has enough knockback for you to be safe in mid-high percentages.

<3 Nessbounder

oh btw, just for anyones random information. The former Wizards Wrath combo used to be F-air L-cancel Wizards Foot, which worked only at 0% and only on certain characters. (its mindgamezorz)

~Shin_Ganondorf~

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well the thing is, your attack needs to be fast enough to hit the opponent before they recover from the stun of the footstool jump, which is about...mmm...10 or so frames? I don't think you'd be able to land a Dair or any other Ganon aerial from a footstool jump on land.

Oh yea, and Toon Link, Lucario and Wario all have their own awesome versions of this move. Especially Wario, who can get a 40-something damage attack out of what is essentially a grab from above. Ak ak ak ak.

Vids plz? I need more reference for footstool awesomeness so I can prove to Yuna that it's actually worth something.

Top Bottom