• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS First impressions?

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
To those who own the japenease version or played the demo.. What do you think of the game? Does it feel good on a 3DS? Was it disappointing? Likes dislikes? Rate out of 10? Thanks.

EDIT: I haven't played the demo nor the Japanease version.

Last edited:

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
definitely better than I expected. don't get me wrong, I expected it to be "fun", but I did not expect this level of polish. it plays very well. but this is just from what I've experienced from the demo...

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I was stunned by how well this game plays. It looks gorgeous and plays brilliantly.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
People are saying it will be better with a big screen and a GC controller and those are the only complaints I've heard. Other than Ganondorf still being bad. People not used to the circle pad keep making mistakes with their moves every now and then, but as they get used to it they shouldn't have a problem.

Oh. I thought you were talking about the full game.
From what I've seen the only chat is the text during taunts

Last edited:

JiNinja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hydro_jin
when ppl said the game looks a lot better in person than from videos, they were understating. It is glorious. the 60fps is so nice and the graphics are pretty good. gameplay is fantastic. definitely not brawl 2.0. feels like a completely different smash and that's a great thing. i cant wait to get the full game.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I really like the speed and general feel of the game. I have the EU special demo, and couldn't be more thankful for having it early!!

But yeah, I prefer the general speed and feel to both Brawl and Melee, and looking at the stage list, roster, modes etc., I can pretty much already say that this is the best Smash ever made in my opinion.

The Newcomer list of this game beats the one for Brawl and Melee for me, and DLC is also possible for the first time! This game has great potential, and I'd like to thank and congratulate Sakurai and his team in Japan for producing such a great game.

Top Bottom