• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Character Unlock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
Pretty self explanatory, if anyone knows how to or has theories on how to unlock some of the secret characters that have been confirmed so far, please share it here. So far it seems like characters are unlocked by just beating classic mode over and over again with different characters on high difficulties, specific details are hard to acquire because of the tiny amount of people playing that game at the moment so I apologize for this just being pure speculation.

So far the characters that have been confirmed as secrets are:
  1. Falco: Beat classic mode on a difficulty of 3.0 or higher.
  2. Ness: Beat classic mode twice?
  3. Dark Pit: Beat classic mode 3x.
  4. Duck Hunt Dog: Beat classic mode 8 times?
  5. Mr. Game and Watch: Beat Classic with a certain number of characters/play time?
  6. Ganondorf: Beat classic mode with Link?
  7. Lucina: Beat classic with Marth/all Fire Emblem characters?
  8. Doctor Mario: Beat classic mode with a certain number of characters?
  9. Wario: Play a certain number of matches?
  10. Jiggs: ???
  11. Bowser Jr.: Beat Classic mode with Bowser on 6.0/7.0 and up?
  12. R.O.B: Complete 70 VS matches?
Characters that do not individually unlock anything from classic mode:
  1. Samus
  2. Robin (Reflet)
  3. Ike
  4. Greninja
  5. Pac Man
  6. Ness
  7. Shulk
  8. Samus
  9. Pit
  10. Palutena
  11. Falco
  12. Captain Falcon
  13. Rosalina and Luma
  14. Kirby
  15. Charizard
There are 2 streams still going on right now so if more info is revealed i'll post it here. (http://multitwitch.tv/yushako/gema_yue)

Last edited:

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
Duck Hunt Dog's unlock method seems to be beating classic with Mii Fighters, and G&W's seems to be beating classic with DHD.

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
Duck Hunt Dog's unlock method seems to be beating classic with Mii Fighters, and G&W's seems to be beating classic with DHD.
I'm pretty sure that isn't the case for Duck Hunt, one of the other streamers beat classic mode with another character and still got the fight.

Jahnathan

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that isn't the case for Duck Hunt, one of the other streamers beat classic mode with another character and still got the fight.
Actually my bad, it might be that if you lose a fight with a secret and then play classic mode again, you'll be able to fight them again.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You should put the characters that they beaten classic mode with and gotten no one.

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
Actually my bad, it might be that if you lose a fight with a secret and then play classic mode again, you'll be able to fight them again.
People are re-fighting through Versus mode, so I would assume you can re-fight through Classic mode too

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
DHD looks like it's beating classic with a number of characters, probably 10, seeing as how that was an unlock requirement for a character in Melee (young link). It's definitely not beating Classic as Mii's as I first thought, since gema got to fighting DHD for the first time as Charizard

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
DHD looks like it's beating classic with a number of characters, probably 10, seeing as how that was an unlock requirement for a character in Melee (young link). It's definitely not beating Classic as Mii's as I first thought, since gema got to fighting DHD for the first time as Charizard
She says it's beating classic 8 times. It's possible she miscounted, but let's go with that for now.

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
G&W is not beating it with DHD, seems like winning with 10? characters. Either that, or play time

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Bowser Jr. is unlocked by beating Classic with Bowser on Hard mode.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I've seen him get unlocked on stream by beating Classic w/Bowser. People have been saying that it needs to be 7+ difficulty, but I can't confirm that for sure.

Booster

Smash Lord
She says it's beating classic 8 times. It's possible she miscounted, but let's go with that for now.
HOLY **** ONE OF THE LEAKERS IS A GIRL?!?!

I'm not trying to be funny, that was my genuine reaction reading that. Also Bowser Jr may be tricky to unlock.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Gema-Yue just unlocked Bowser Jr., so there's 5 possible slots left,
(R.O.B, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo?, Ridley, Wolf, Lucas, that leaves two spots.. and who else?
edit: chorus kids/Karate Joe/RHF Rep?
double edit: Rose Gold Fire Baby Cat Peach?

Last edited:

Quote420

Smash Cadet
NNID
Quote420
R.O.B. appears to be completing 70 VS. matches to unlock.

R.O.B. was the final unlock, RIP in pizzas everyone not in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom