• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I never remember playing super paper mario. Was that the one for the wii? I heard it was pretty bad but I don't like taking that as absolute fact unless I played it myself.
ok, I lived a kinda same experience and I made the mistake of being sceptical for months until I played it o let me just get this clear so it doesn't happen for someone else: if you like TTYD, don't listen to anyone and just try it.

Because I got that the reason there was hate isn't really good ones. I seem to find the game underated because of that. I'm going to repeat the same thing any spm fan should tell you: the story is VERY deep and just that worth the game. It really goes into unexpected level and it really makes you think differently.

While it still has the humour TTYD had on several places. At some point, it even acheive to do a bit better while others is a bit lower.

As for yeah but what about platoforming and real time? I say play the game. I can tell you that it might sounds counterintuitive, but the RPG genre is correctly merged with platformer so that you actually enjoy platformer here because of the RPG which is helped by the platformer part.

It seems confusing st first, but you just need to try it. TTYD influenced heavily this game so, that is why you just need to try from being clean of jusdging by the cover (tough, it has a nice boxart) because it might and it should surprise you.

But please don't touch sticker star for your health...

Soul.

At least my Mii looks like it actually resembles a human being.
Yours? **** I don't even know what to say about yours.
Oh, well, I decided to make fun of Mario Kart clan members' Miis. That's why my Mii is the one I have already.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
ok, I lived a kinda same experience and I made the mistake of being sceptical for months until I played it o let me just get this clear so it doesn't happen for someone else: if you like TTYD, don't listen to anyone and just try it.

Because I got that the reason there was hate isn't really good ones. I seem to find the game underated because of that. I'm going to repeat the same thing any spm fan should tell you: the story is VERY deep and just that worth the game. It really goes into unexpected level and it really makes you think differently.

While it still has the humour TTYD had on several places. At some point, it even acheive to do a bit better while others is a bit lower.

As for yeah but what about platoforming and real time? I say play the game. I can tell you that it might sounds counterintuitive, but the RPG genre is correctly merged with platformer so that you actually enjoy platformer here because of the RPG which is helped by the platformer part.

It seems confusing st first, but you just need to try it. TTYD influenced heavily this game so, that is why you just need to try from being clean of jusdging by the cover (tough, it has a nice boxart) because it might and it should surprise you.

I'll give it a gander. From what you said, I might enjoy it!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I'd just like to point out that Nintendo is awesome. The themes on the 3ds man. They didn't have to give the themes their own personal music, but they did. I love the Black and gold stars theme and its music. It's just sooooo good.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Speaking of Paper Mario, the PAL version reference PM64 ch4 by saying that the green shy guys some dreams of being soldirer and dancers.

I know the former is the ch4 reference and I love this one because ch4 is quite memorable from that game.

I seriously need to play pm64 again because I realised I forgot a lot from that game and I think I just need to refresh my memory on the game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Rule #1 for Playing Games: Don't listen to people unless it's obvious that a game is broken, even then... Rule #2: Explore and experiment... ANNNNND the most important rule: Rule #3: Have fun.

It's what got me to play and try a couple games and actually play Final Fantasy XIII for what it's worth than listening to people bash on it. Yeah, it's not a perfect game, but it's not horrible. You want horrible? Go play cash-grabs, movie-tie-ins, and games targeted at little kids knowing they'll ask mommy or daddy for that Donald Duck game. PURE UTTER CRAP. At least DuckTales was developed by Capcom instead of some random company to make money for Disney. Screw PK: Out of the Shadows, that Disney Mario Party ripoff, and that Woody the Woodpecker game. Tom & Jerry War of the Whiskers and Looney Tunes: Back In Action were decent, though.

Also, Call of Duty has its merits. It's a decent game to just have a couple of matches after a rough day. Well, I tried Modern Warfare 2, so I don't know if it's completely true for the others.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So I'd just like to point out that Nintendo is awesome. The themes on the 3ds man. They didn't have to give the themes their own personal music, but they did. I love the Black and gold stars theme and its music. It's just sooooo good.
fun fact: I love so much the black free theme because it helps me with my sight issues to see bright colors on black.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my god.

I got max speed Sonic on Smash Run, and then afterwards- the challenge was a race.

SOMEBODY CATCH ME- I CAN'T STOP! 0.O;

R0Y

Smash Master
Any of you guys get up really early in the morning for work, etc? I'll miss staying up late for POTD, lol. Smash 3DS and Wii U pre-launch hype was awesome. Massive AAA effort, and I couldn't be happier with Bandai Namco. I do hope and kind of expect the Wii U version has more stages though

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm still wondering of Pokemon ORAS is worth the purchase since there are certain Pokemon that I'd like to transfer from my copy of Pokemon X (My baby Aegislash). Sure there's Pokemon Bank, but I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer the Pokemon between both gens easily without the help of Pokemon Bank.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hmm, yes.
I do so believe that there is nothing like a bee, 'cept a raccoon. Quite strange, isn't it, old chaps?
Hark! Mine eyes seeth a fine creature by the title of "robin"! Friends! Thou must tell me if I am performing well! ... Ouch! Wherefore are thou buffeting mine head?!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Rule #1 for Playing Games: Don't listen to people unless it's obvious that a game is broken, even then... Rule #2: Explore and experiment... ANNNNND the most important rule: Rule #3: Have fun.

It's what got me to play and try a couple games and actually play Final Fantasy XIII for what it's worth than listening to people bash on it. Yeah, it's not a perfect game, but it's not horrible. You want horrible? Go play cash-grabs, movie-tie-ins, and games targeted at little kids knowing they'll ask mommy or daddy for that Donald Duck game. PURE UTTER CRAP. At least DuckTales was developed by Capcom instead of some random company to make money for Disney. Screw PK: Out of the Shadows, that Disney Mario Party ripoff, and that Woody the Woodpecker game. Tom & Jerry War of the Whiskers and Looney Tunes: Back In Action were decent, though.

Also, Call of Duty has its merits. It's a decent game to just have a couple of matches after a rough day. Well, I tried Modern Warfare 2, so I don't know if it's completely true for the others.
Well i have to agree on your big paragraph, but this isn;t the thing I'm finding annoying on being the majority unfortunately.

Since the day I touched the SSBm disc (long story made a 15 minutes movie in English class telling it), I view video games like ssbm and mostly nintendo big franchise as pure art that can be experience in so much ways at the same time. not only you have what a move has which is visual deisgn, audio design and philosophy in immersion but the one thing this form of art is having that you can you get there is the reaction.

By having to interect with the game, you're reacting to it as you experience it and sometimes, it might be done so that your reaction makes you reconsider it.

There's so much that was done in the past by nintendo that I'm today fascinated. You have no idea how mind blown I was when I learned the design details of termina field stage in melee, but the whole game was like that.

Today, I seem to see a lot more care in LOOKING good. For me, it's a huge problem that if I look at the 90's and GC generation to see that I culd consider that more deep in quality and very picky details was put in the games and the fact that they don't weaken trough time is amazing because it becomes a classic never forgotten like melee. Today, I'm just going to quote a thing Sakurai said on its view of oversequalisation...It's the best quote he said ever and I always told it to myself when I speculate about sequels and when I think about the work behind a game:

"It was tough for me to see that every time I made a new game, people automatically assumed that a sequel was coming. Even if it's a sequel, lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally."
- Masahiro Sakurai

I started college a month ago and it didn't changed. I still see peope in my computing clases that just seems to think a sequel can be done, but they don't get that it's not automatic and having the illusion that it is is making you forget what happened in the past where one game could be good 20 years after. Heck, I still glitch hunt TTYD and this Saturday, it will be 10 years exactly to its NA release. Think about it, not loosing awesomeness after 10 years is fantastic.

losing after a year tough...it's just bland and I'm glad that since the WiiU was released, they seem to be back in the right direction of making both advanced and non regular player happy. I don';t use casuals because it can be missinterpreted very easily.

Btw, this is one of the reason why I have good hopes for a Paper mario game and btw, it's not me assuming sequels because there's a leak we have yet to know that could imply that and it's plausible. I'm just going to wait it happens and then react.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567

Whoa, Final Fantasy XIII was bad because it wasn't an RPG and majority of the game play were cut-scenes. But hey, don't listen to me. I think that every main FF game that has come out after 6 was complete rubbish. I think the ATB is the worse thing to happen to RPGs.

I mean, I can't get upset at someone for liking the game. It had a decent storyline and looked great. I just wished I could have played the game more and that I wasn't mashing job classes. That's just my opinion...Square should make more games like TWEWY, where the innovation is great as well as the story line and graphics (I HATE Kingdom Hearts).

I've never met anyone who completely agreed with me on this matter. I still play the old Phantasy Star games and Shining Force games for fun. I don't like being the guy who is like 'all the new games suck' but developers are going to have to work harder if they want to keep my attention. Then again, my wallet <<<<<<<<<<<< the millions of people who buy the game's wallet.

Since I'm ranting, I remember when I would spend hours trying to figure out what the hell I was doing in a game. Now, I have tutorials that span for half of the game. The thing I like the most about smash is the difficulty on the special modes. This is the only fighting game (Save for PS4A/U...that score attack mode made me grow chest hair) where I have difficult task to complete. Need it be 9.0 or Intense difficulty on Boss Fight mode, I find myself frantically trying clear the Boss/stage.

Can we talk about the 9.0 difficulty? When I first saw Master hand change forms, I was at a complete lose of words.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I throw a Melon as Pac people never seem to be able to avoid it. Same goes with apples.
HEY GUYS HAVE YOU FIGURED OUT THAT I LIKE PAC-MAN? WELL I LIKE PAC-MAN

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom