• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I'm guessing you don't care much for the Wii-U version then?
I'm not interested in consoles these days. Everyone is hyped for the Wii U version and the 3DS is there, ignored for no reason. Meh.
You could say I don't care much about that version. Of course it's Smash Bros. and stuff, but I was and still am more interested on the 3DS one.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hmm... not entirely sure if I fully agree with Sakurai's reasoning. Obviously I don't want all the fighters to play the same, but I feel that every character has the chance to be unique. I'm happy with the roster though, so it must be working.

In other news, Dark Pit and the Doc have been announced on the SSB Facebook page. Literally every comment on DP's pic is a complaint, and a lot mention Lucas and Wolf.

I wonder how much Sakurai/Nintendo acknowledge feedback like that. I mean, character complaints are small when everyone enjoys the gameplay. But still.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, that explains K. Rool. Ridley is different(new, hot, popular). Lucas' cut is logical with this information. Ice Climbers were justified. Last-minute clones have to be the case no matter what with this in mind. Lucina was one, and the other two blatantly were now. He should actually tell us if Dr. Mario was ever planned as an Alt, though. Dark Pit may or may not be, but a recolor would make sense(instead of an Alt).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hmm... not entirely sure if I fully agree with Sakurai's reasoning. Obviously I don't want all the fighters to play the same, but I feel that every character has the chance to be unique. I'm happy with the roster though, so it must be working.
In other news, Dark Pit and the Doc have been announced on the SSB Facebook page. Literally every comment on DP's pic is a complaint, and a lot mention Lucas and Wolf.
I wonder how much Sakurai/Nintendo acknowledge feedback like that. I mean, character complaints are small when everyone enjoys the gameplay. But still.
I have a feeling we're going to see at least Wolf again. I don't see why he was ever removed...
This interview does not shed light on the subject.
Although the comment about characters from series with no future being "rarely chosen" does raise some interesting questions regarding Black Shadow, Isaac, and possibly Wolf...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ice Climbers are the only ones that matter

Why so much focus on Lucas and Wolf

Lucas might as well just be an alternate costume

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers are the only ones that matter

Why so much focus on Lucas and Wolf

Lucas might as well just be an alternate costume
Yes, an unremarkable character with literally one game on the NES (which was awful) matters so much. I honestly have no idea why ICs were ever in Smash in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, an unremarkable character with literally one game on the NES (which was awful) matters so much. I honestly have no idea why ICs were ever in Smash in the first place.
At least they have a fully unique moveset

Something neither wolf nor lucas can say

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
They were in smash to represent the NES it is who Sakurai chose as the original retro rep. Its like How Mr game and watch represents the game and Watch handheld or Pit use to also be a NES rep.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They were in smash to represent the NES it is who Sakurai chose as the original retro rep. Its like How Mr game and watch represents the game and Watch handheld or Pit use to also be a NES rep.
IDK with his final smash in brawl he seemed to be closer to his gameboy version than the NES game

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Every single picture from now on, even minor pictures like today's, will just serve as a purpose to confirm how incredibly superior the WiiU version is to the 3DS in EVERYTHING. I'm starting to believe this was Nintendo's strategy all along.
You bought Sm4sh 3DS uh? It's pretty nice, right? Well, we got a better version of it! Buy the WiiU sucker!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, someone in a different thread said they don't play their hardest in "For Glory" mode because they want to make sure their opponent is having fun

Maybe they should have gone to "For Fun" mode if they were so concerned with that

Wolf's moveset is completely different from Fox and Falco both.
It's not completely

His specials are extremely similar

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
IDK with his final smash in brawl he seemed to be closer to his gameboy version than the NES game
Final smash might be but being that myths and monsters never came out in Japan i would say more people would know him as a NES rep then a GB rep.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's not completely
His specials are extremely similar
Not really.
Only in concept are they similar; they function really differently.
Particularly the side special which goes at an angle.
The standard moves still are completely different from Fox/Falco, and his actual play-style is the opposite of Fox.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not really.
Only in concept are they similar; they function really differently.
Particularly the side special which goes at an angle.
The standard moves still are completely different from Fox/Falco, and his actual play-style is the opposite of Fox.
He's got enough that I don't consider him completely unique

He's got a gun and a reflector

IDK they've got their own little gimmicks in the moves

Edit: Being different =/= being unique

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit is really expressive. Lives up to his name. Also just look at the detail in the electroshock arm.
All characters are much more expressive in the Wii U version.

We still know nothing about that stage. lol.
Except it has amazing cameos for each type.

I just thought of something.
What if Rosalina & Luma were added to replace the Ice Climbers after they were cut?
Or, rather, they weren't a tag team until they were cut?
Given how differently Rosalina and Ice Climbers play, I doubt Rosalina is a replacement for them.

They have significantly different mechanics.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Has anyone started looking through SSB4's SD Card data? I think I'll do that later.

Ex. Sharing replays, Miis (possibly), Custom Characters (possibly)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No Dark Pit reveal trailer. Makes sense, considering he already appears in Palutena's trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You're really feeling Smashboards, if nothing else. :upsidedown:
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
Y'know, I've been saying that a lot lately. Here and in real life. Maybe I'm actually Shulk. THE PLOT THICKENS.

People are really having trouble with Little Mac.
I've had more trouble with Sheik players and her Ftilt than any Little Mac player.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For some reason, Dark Pit doesn't have a "Newcomer" label on his page.

And, of course, a new avatar.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No Dark Pit reveal trailer. Makes sense, considering he already appears in Palutena's trailer.
And was added to the game later(he has to be). But yeah, he doesn't need a trailer since he appeared in one, even though it wasn't "as a newcomer" specifically. If it weren't for Mr. Game & Watch appearing in Pac-Man's trailer, there'd be no good reason to think Dark Pit would be added. He wasn't named onscreen besides Palutena saying it. It wasn't even a real foreshadowing of things to come. In fact, it seems more like we're lucky we saw him before the game was finished. I feel it was more like a lucky coincidence and he went "sure why not".

For some reason, Dark Pit doesn't have a "Newcomer" label on his page.

And, of course, a new avatar.
Nice avvie.

Technically, Dark Pit originated in Brawl. So he probably didn't consider him a true newcomer. But he didn't become a real character till Uprising. Feels as strange as the Drill thing you mentioned yesterday. Weird.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
Y'know, I've been saying that a lot lately. Here and in real life. Maybe I'm actually Shulk. THE PLOT THICKENS.

I've had more trouble with Sheik players and her Ftilt than any Little Mac player.

Ram, la remorque Palutena seulement montré un teaser de Dark Pit, aucun gameplay si lui a été mis en valeur.
And was added to the game later(he has to be). But yeah, he doesn't need a trailer since he appeared in one, even though it wasn't "as a newcomer" specifically. If it weren't for Mr. Game & Watch appearing in Pac-Man's trailer, there'd be no good reason to think Dark Pit would be added. He wasn't named onscreen besides Palutena saying it. It wasn't even a real foreshadowing of things to come. In fact, it seems more like we're lucky we saw him before the game was finished. I feel it was more like a lucky coincidence and he went "sure why not".
Good points.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nice avvie.

Technically, Dark Pit originated in Brawl. So he probably didn't consider him a true newcomer. But he didn't become a real character till Uprising. Feels as strange as the Drill thing you mentioned yesterday. Weird.
Pit's dark palette in Brawl =/= Dark Pit. I've said this so many times which is why I carry my Levin Sword.

They aren't the same thing. Sure, Dark Pit may be inspired by that palette, but there are differences anyway.

But I'd wait for the other secret newcomers (Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo) before drawing conclusions.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pit's dark palette in Brawl =/= Dark Pit. I've said this so many times which is why I carry my Levin Sword.

They aren't the same thing. Sure, Dark Pit may be inspired by that palette, but there are differences anyway.

But I'd wait for the other secret newcomers (Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo) before drawing conclusions.
That's why I used the word "technically". That's about the only reason he didn't bother to list it that I can think of. Or he forgot, and it'll be up later. He just added the page, after all. Think from his perspective for a moment; He created Dark Pit. He could consider his costume the true debut of his character. He thinks Waluigi is a Wario character. :facepalm: His logic is... weird sometimes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really don't think Dark Pit deserved his spot, I much rather prefer Medusa over a lame duck clone
What is "deserving" other than mostly a fan-fueled fantasy? He could have been popular enough in Japan to warrant a spot.

Besides, Dark Pit was a late addition using already made assets. It's not like he took the spot of another character.

That's why I used the word "technically". That's about the only reason he didn't bother to list it that I can think of. Or he forgot, and it'll be up later. He just added the page, after all. Think from his perspective for a moment; He created Dark Pit. He could consider his costume the true debut of his character. He thinks Waluigi is a Wario character. :facepalm: His logic is... weird sometimes.
In Brawl, Waluigi was labelled as a Mario character. Perhaps, he made an exception so Wario and Waluigi could be placed on the same category?

As for Dark Pit's lack of a newcomer label, I'd wait for Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Duo before jumping to conclusions.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Is it just me, or are strong, electric attacks the most satisfying attacks in Smash bros?
Electroshock, thunder, Dr Mario side smash, Levin sword, thoron, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom