• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You're not alone.

Fox's voice in Brawl was great and fit his character very well. The one in Smash 4 is terrible.
The one in Smash 4 is his official VA for the Star Fox series. I'd rather have authenticity than nostalgia.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I was thinking the same thing.

Same goes for Gaur Plain.

The Pokémon use models from X/Y. Mario enemies not from Brawl seem to be using models from 3DS Mario games such as New SMB2 or 3D Land.

Most Metroid enemies are lower-res models from Other M. Same for the Pikmin enemies being taken from the GCN games.
If that is true, it would make sense.

Considering the HUGE amount and variety of character/creature models in just one version of the game, I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of planning and implementation goes into just one quality asset/model. Trying to that for all the trophies and other assets with a limited amount of people would probably take forever.

Not to mention the Wii U version, which is taking advantage of the hardware's significantly upgraded hardware from the Wii, I imagine importing models for the Wii U version from past games will not suffice. Meaning they would most likely have to spend more time creating more new assets for Wii U than the 3DS.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The one in Smash 4 is his official VA for the Star Fox series. I'd rather have authenticity than nostalgia.
Only for Star Fox 64 and it's 3DS remake. Fox' Brawl voice was the same VA as in Assault. And Melee Fox had the same VA as Adventures Fox.

D

Deleted member

They were made and working on the wii u version

They were high enough priority to get that far
Hmm, well, uh, let's say, Ice Climbers are on the game as Wii U-exclusive characters, and the player prefers the handheld iteration. The player would want Ice Climbers to be on the handheld. Let's say Mewtwo is in as a 3DS-exclusive character, and the player wants that character to be in the Wii U game.

Just asking, would that be unfair or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They probably re-used a ton of assets to save development time so that time could be spent on the Wii U version.

The Wii U version is all-new content. New models, new assets. There aren't many Wii U games they could have taken stuff from, so majority of the content has to be made from scratch.

One can say the bulk of development went to the Wii U version.
I dunno, even some stuff on the Wii U looks like it's ripped directly from other games. Skyloft, for example, looks like it came straight out of Skyward Sword with a few modifications.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd rather have quality over authenticity. Fox and Falco's voices in Smash 4 are terrible compared to Brawl or Melee.

Soul.

Fox's voice in Melee was the best one he's ever had. Falco's was better in Brawl.
Also, Final Gambit Staraptor with a Choice Scarf is great.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If that is true, it would make sense.

Considering the HUGE amount and variety of character/creature models in just one version of the game, I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of planning and implementation goes into just one quality asset/model. Trying to that for all the trophies and other assets with a limited amount of people would probably take forever.

Not to mention the Wii U version, which is taking advantage of the hardware's significantly upgraded hardware from the Wii, I imagine importing models for the Wii U version from past games will not suffice. Meaning they would most likely have to spend more time creating more new assets for Wii U than the 3DS.
Indeed.

They went on an asset reusing spree in order to save time and get the 3DS version ready as quickly as possible, so more time could be spent on the Wii U version. It's quite obvious.

I dunno, even some stuff on the Wii U looks like it's ripped directly from other games. Skyloft, for example, looks like it came straight out of Skyward Sword with a few modifications.
Skyloft does look like it's ripped from Skyward Sword, but they did polish things here and there.

Mario Galaxy looks much better than the actual Super Mario Galaxy games.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Although it looks considerably less grimy as a result of not using Skyward Sword's lackluster graphics filter.
At least Skyloft looks great because you're always seeing it from a distance. Ghirahim looks like a reskinned version of his SS model, and it's very obvious.

Pssh, that's old news. This is the new tongue action

tumblr_nabjhmWN2X1s8ouhxo1_500.gif

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So what are everyone's 5 most played characters in Smash 3DS?

Mine are:
1) Bowser Jr - 17
2) Zero Suit - 15
3) Ike, Pac-Man, Shulk and Greninja - 14

Bowser Jr is first cause I play random allot on my breaks at work and he shows up often.

Aso yes I said top 5 and put 6, but I had 4 tied for 3rd.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And they were cut. Meh. I really don't care about the Ice Climbers, at least they are trophies.
They would have been guaranteed a spot if they hadn't run into 3DS problems

Their priority came down to time vs reward

They were made pretty early in development, which is how we knew they were having problems in the first place.

Sakurai said it in an early interview

D

Deleted member

While we're talking about voices, how does everyone feel about Sonic being voiced by Roger Craig Smith instead of Jason Griffith? I've seen that it's mostly a "love it or hate it" thing, but personally I like it.
I will forever miss "You're too slow!" though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Mine are:
1) Bowser Jr - 17
2) Zero Suit - 15

Bowser Jr is first cause I play random allot on my breaks at work and he shows up often.

Villager is not on your list, yet she is your main... how?

Soul.

I'm just going to be happy when I have can play Smash Bros. in HD on stages I actually like without a cramped screen, lackluster modes and imprecise controls.

#WiiUMasterRace
I'm going to be happy when I play Smash in glorious 3D visuals and the fact that it's going to sell more instead of wasting my time turning on a console that doesn't interest me.
#3DSMasterRace
:troll:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Mine are:
1) Bowser Jr - 17
2) Zero Suit - 15

Well currently, my top 3 are:

1. Sonic
  2. Bowser Jr.
  3. Olimar
And I've recently picked up Shulk, so he's 4th. I don't have a 5th, yet.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Who is good fro 9.0 classic
I haven't beaten it yet, but you need someone who hits hard and has a good recovery. I would suggest :4dedede:, giving him attack equipment (not too much, because otherwise 1 hit = KO) and spam Gordo Throw.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Who is good fro 9.0 classic
Like Chuckles said, Ganondorf, if you can use him, personally I find Lucina useful due to being able to spam counter.

Mine are:
1) Bowser Jr - 17
2) Zero Suit - 15
Obviously, Lucina.
But I also use Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Rosalina a lot.

D

Deleted member

Mine are:
1) Bowser Jr - 17
2) Zero Suit - 15

Pac-Man, Ness, and Greninja, in that order.
EDIT: Oh top 5. Well 4 and 5 are Little Mac and Captain Falcon respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom