• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think the retro in the next game is going to be Takamaru

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So how long until we make a thread on the next smash speculation

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I think Rosalina's got my favourite victory theme.

Or Duck Hunt.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Super hyped for MS2.
In other news,Terry Crews for SSB5? :troll:

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
The majority of Smashboards has been kinda bothering me since release. Maybe I'm not in the right places, but it seems like a big part of the community is just continually voicing their disappointments on the game, being negative about things before they can even experience them, and not much else. I kinda hoped it would be more fun than this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The majority of Smashboards has been kinda bothering me since release. Maybe I'm not in the right places, but it seems like a big part of the community is just continually voicing their disappointments on the game, being negative about things before they can even experience them, and not much else. I kinda hoped it would be more fun than this.
Well,blame Ridley.
Let people speak their minds,then to later choke on their own words.

I'm starting to worry if there will even be an adventure mode of some sort on the Wii U version of Smash :(
Probably so. The 3DS one got something special,so should the Wii U.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Classic Mode of Smash 3DS is how Adventure Mode always should have been.

Needless to say, it upsets me Classic Mode is the way it is. I was hoping for a more Arcade-mode like approach.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Although I kind of like how the current Wii U box art keeps Megaman, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Shulk hidden, this enhanced key artwork with them (found on PidgiWiki) would've looked amazing as box art :colorful: (although I'm not sure if it would fit properly..?):

Source: http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/File:Key_art_-_Super_Smash_Bros._for_Wii_U.jpg

At the very least, it's definite wallpaper material for Super Smash Bros. 4!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U box artwork for reference:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ignore them. I am not sure why their complaining bothers you. If you want to enjoy the game and judge it after you experience it, that is your prerogative. If people have complaints, they are going to voice them rather than be little ******* who hide behind the facade of humility. There is no inherent issue with that and I am quite offended that people act as though there is.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's what happens when people prioritize the wrong things and have expectations way too high. It causes frustration and confusion, like a sense of being cheated out. This of course causes a pessimistic feeling, which in turn starts to bleed onto everything else. Like using scapegoats to falsely justify their anger or ignore everything else simply because it does not fit into their vision.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Now that I have a clearer view of the alts, here are the ones that seem most interesting plus some other honorable mentions. I'm probably sticking with default most of the time, but these are if I had to pick some.

Attachments

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
It really sucks that the Wii U version's roster was reduced by a character due to 3DS limitations.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Spoilers, he's coming back due to being one of Sakurai's pets.

Prease understanddu.

(Unless of course a different director is involved of course.)
Or because Kid Icarus seems to be part of Sakurai's rotation now: Kirby, Kid Icarus, and Smash. It's likely that Kid Icarus and Kirby will be like a cartoon show where sequels don't really connect together and stuff just happens for the hell of it. I mean, just look at the world of Ratchet & Clank, the Lombax save how many galaxies and people still treat him like nobody.

Shame that the Ice Climbers were too powerful for the 3DS.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So who does everyone think will be cut from Smash 4 to Smash 5?

I'd definitely say Lucina, and possibly Dark Pit, but only if Sakurai has gotten past his whole bias thing.
Most characters with a unique moveset will stay, just because the movesets are VERY different this time around.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Ignore them. I am not sure why their complaining bothers you. If you want to enjoy the game and judge it after you experience it, that is your prerogative. If people have complaints, they are going to voice them rather than be little *****es who hide behind the facade of humility. There is no inherent issue with that and I am quite offended that people act as though there is.
Well that could have been a lot less grossly aggressive, but regardless I think you greatly misunderstood me. There is no problem with voicing complaints. You'll notice that I said "disappointments". Note that those are two different things.

What bothers me is that some people can't find anything positive to say lately and instead keep letting the personal disappointment get to them too much- just for an example, people insulting Sakurai through blind rage over not getting their favorite playable in the game. I don't suck up to him, but you should treat people with respect.

D

Deleted member

Although I kind of like how the current Wii U box art keeps Megaman, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Shulk hidden, this enhanced key artwork with them (found on PidgiWiki) would've looked amazing as box art :colorful: (although I'm not sure if it would fit properly..?):

Source: http://www.pidgi.net/wiki/File:Key_art_-_Super_Smash_Bros._for_Wii_U.jpg

That's.. awesome. 10/10 I approve.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sometimes I do wonder, would Smash be better with or without the 3DS version?
I mean sure, it was a great concept. Who wouldn't want Smash on the go? It's one the best multiplayer games this side of Mario Kart. But on the other, there are limitations. Such as Ice Climbers.
I guess it's really all down to opinions.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So I did the costume roster maker thing. Characters I hope to main and my fave costumes:

What, please don't tell me you were expecting something else. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well that could have been a lot less grossly aggressive, but regardless I think you greatly misunderstood me. There is no problem with voicing complaints. You'll notice that I said "disappointments". Note that those are two different things.

What bothers me is that some people can't find anything positive to say lately and instead keep letting the personal disappointment get to them too much- just for an example, people insulting Sakurai through blind rage over not getting their favorite playable in the game. I don't suck up to him, but you should treat people with respect.
Aggressive? That was not the intent at all. It is just humorous when one becomes annoyed at the conduct of another when it does not relate to them in a relevant capacity.

Honestly, the difference is negligible; if people are disappointed, that is not going to change. There is no point in taking their perspective personally.

Soul.

That looks awesome. Now where's the 3DS wallpaper? :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sometimes I do wonder, would Smash be better with or without the 3DS version?
I mean sure, it was a great concept. Who wouldn't want Smash on the go? It's one the best multiplayer games this side of Mario Kart. But on the other, there are limitations. Such as Ice Climbers.
I guess it's really all down to opinions.
Ok, I may had to actually post that in unpopular opinion, but that shows how much I hate lossy audio compression:

JUST and I mean JUST for the ability to play the whole sound test in sleep mode with EVERY single music with basic multimedia features, the 3ds version was worthy.

Yes, you don't realise how much I'm hyped for this feature. I'm sad that most of the supported portable media player format are all lossy (like mp3 player). I ripped the first 3 Paper Mario games ost in wav and it;s fantastic, but makes mp3 garbage that is torturing your ears.

Having a portable media player containing the original and complete ost of the most diverse vgm ost around is just amazing if you think about it.

So, have a 150$ bose headphones and I can play them with those in sleep mode and use random or infinite loop?

I;m serious, I'm MORE than fine to have this than ice climbers which I'm neutral on btw.

That's probably the most unpopular opinion I've said, but I care THAT much about audio.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Finally finished homework, it's late here anyways*

Has customizable hair, still no playable or alt

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Aggressive? That was not the intent at all. It is just humorous when one becomes annoyed at the conduct of another when it does not relate to them in a relevant capacity.

Honestly, the difference is negligible; if people are disappointed, that is not going to change. There is no point in taking their perspective personally.
You have a good point, but I tend to get invested in things that aren't necessarily relevant to me at all. I think a lot of other forumers can say the same. I'm not even sure I fully understand the "little *****es" comment but that was what I took as aggressive and/or unnecessary. Could you further explain what you meant by that at all?

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet

Yo Earthbound fans I hope you like this as much as me. This guy did an incredible job. Just found this 3D rendering of Winters from Earthbound. I figured this is as good a place to share it as any. :)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

There's also an extended version of the 3DS' Boxart, have that on hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom