• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd rather have Shulk than Lucas, but I'd rather have Ness than both.
Look, I'm a man of no cuts. And I think that Lucas still has no reason to be cut. Snake, possible legal issues. Ice Climbers, technical problems. But I don't see a reason for Lucas.

Someone hasn't played Xenoblade. :p
Does it matter if I did?

D

Deleted member

Look, I'm a man of no cuts. And I think that Lucas still has no reason to be cut. Snake, possible legal issues. Ice Climbers, technical problems. But I don't see a reason for Lucas.
Lucas and Wolf don't have any real reason to be cut, I'll give you that.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Does it matter if I did?
If nobody liked Xenoblade, than Shulk wouldn't even be considered for Smash Bros. Shulk is a great character with moveset potential, If you invest time into a game you become attached to the characters, and want to see more of them.

I do love Lucas, I've played Mother 3 and thought it was amazing. But I would rather a new character than a clone, and by what we've supposedly seen of Ganondorf, clones are not getting moveset changes.

D

Deleted member

Hold on a second...

View attachment 23223

Why is Lucina completely stationary?
Where's her victory pose?
You're not the only one that's noticed that, and as of now, we have no answer. In Brawl, victory poses are chopped up into 2 animations; the pose itself, and the "wait" afterward, which loops infinitely. My guess is that only the player who scored the most points does their victory pose (and gets their theme and icon and all that) while the camera zooms onto them, and the other teammates go straight to their "wait" pose. It's kind of sad that if this surmise is correct though, that the cool team victory poses of the past (Fox and Falco both doing the "MISSION COMPLETE" pose) are no more.

If nobody liked Xenoblade, than Shulk wouldn't even be considered for Smash Bros. Shulk is a great character with moveset potential, If you invest time into a game you become attached to the characters, and want to see more of them.

I do love Lucas, I've played Mother 3 and thought it was amazing. But I would rather a new character than a clone, and by what we've supposedly seen of Ganondorf, clones are not getting moveset changes.
Lucas isn't a clone though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Once again, I don't see your point. Just because I play a game or not doesn't necessarily mean I'll like a characters and would be glad if they replaced someone. I could just as easily play the game all the way through and still not think Shulk is a decent addition (and over a popular veteran for Christ's sake) then not play it and like the character.

For example, I haven't played Pikmin or F-Zero, and yet somehow I still like Olimar and Captain Falcon.

One, Lucas is a semi-clone at best.
Two, if it was due to a "clone" status, then how did Toon Link get in? Heck, what about Lucina? Or Dr. Mario? Or Dark Pit? Characters that are actual clones (at least to our knowledge), and somehow they got in. So that's not it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Started making a Gif on Flipnote Studio on my 30 minute break at work today. These are the results so far.
1E15FE_0DC42004989C8_000.gif

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Everyone chill. The game isn't out yet. We don't know the full roster yet. DLC is real.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
if it was due to a "clone" status, then how did Toon Link get in? Heck, what about Lucina? Or Dr. Mario? Or Dark Pit? Characters that are actual clones (at least to our knowledge), and somehow they got in. So that's not it.
I was giving my own personal opinion there, not a logical one. :ohwell:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
There is no reason to believe DLC at this point
I guess you're right. Especially since Sakurai hasn't really said anything about wanting DLC but that he'll do it if he needs it. Or something like that. But Sakurai is a compulsive liar.

D

Deleted member

Lucas is already impersonating OTHER Mother characters

why not Ness
Correction; Lucas does not act as Ness or disguise himself as Ness in Mother 3. (Lucina disguises herself as Marth, which is why she was considered as an alternate)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I have a feeling if Lucas is indeed going to be cut I have more of a feeling it's more of a - 'We're reducing the mother series characters which of the two do we not go with?' I doubt Shulk or any newcomer would have really anything to do with that.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Correction; Lucas does not act as Ness or disguise himself as Ness in Mother 3. (Lucina disguises herself as Marth, which is why she was considered as an alternate)
So what?

X isn't zero but he gets an alternate costume of him (in Marvel vs Capcom)

Metal Sonic isn't Sonic but he gets a costume of him in a Sonic game

Blood Falcon isn't Captain Falcon, but gets an alt in melee that's accurate

Daisy isn't Peach but gets an alt in melee that's accurate

Dark Link isn't Link but gets an alt in Brawl

Last edited:

Soul.

"Pikachu's alternate Down B's are "Self-Generation" and "Great Thunder". One that can be used as a close combat attack without worries of something getting in the thunder's way and the other focusing on sniping out of the air."
LOL, yes, classic Thunder is back in some form. Also, Aura Sphere is still Lucario's standard special move.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not to press buttons, but that was never a thing in any previous smash games. Even on the 64 it showed both victory animations.
I'd assume it only has to do with the camera zoom in, which is not present in any of the older games.

So what?

X isn't zero but he gets an alternate costume of him (in Marvel vs Capcom)

Metal Sonic isn't Sonic but he gets a costume of him in a Sonic game

Blood Falcon isn't Captain Falcon, but gets an alt in melee that's accurate

Daisy isn't Peach but gets an alt in melee that's accurate

Dark Link isn't Link but gets an alt in Brawl
Sure, but those characters have CANON relationships to the characters. Ness and Lucas have NO RELATIONS in the Mother canon. Daisy and Blood Falcon started out as palette swaps of Peach and Captain Falcon respectively in their home series. Lucas is not a palette swap of Ness. I'd be fine with a Lucas styled palette, but you're proposing a freaking costume.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Hey guyyyysss haven't been posting as much because school but I'm still around<<33333

AP is a lot of work and it's only day 3 like what the **** lmaooo, I can handle it though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd assume it only has to do with the camera zoom in, which is not present in any of the older games.

Sure, but those characters have CANON relationships to the characters. Ness and Lucas have NO RELATIONS in the Mother canon. Daisy and Blood Falcon started out as palette swaps of Peach and Captain Falcon respectively in their home series. Lucas is not a palette swap of Ness. I'd be fine with a Lucas styled palette, but you're proposing a freaking costume.
He's looks almost exactly the same with a different hair style

Plus Mother 3 has A LOT to do with Ness

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Idiodic fathers that think his family stands a chance at living in Japan just for the sake of eating endless seafood. -_-
Ugh, I hope it falls through for you. They spit on the streets randomly, and your skin oils up from the pollution.The hospitals' opening times are ridiculous, and for a place supposed to be so technologically advanced, you'll have a hard time finding an ATM. I don't mean to be blunt, but if you're black, good luck. There are people who were born in Japan, but just because they have South Korean grandparents, are not considered Japanese. Not to mention the pedophilia and sexual harassment problems. Also, you get a free towel with everything, sometimes even bills, so your already cramped house could very well become consumed with the things!

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Not to press buttons, but that was never a thing in any previous smash games. Even on the 64 it showed both victory animations.
Yes, however those games also show both of the characters the whole time. There's no real point to having them both use their victory animations when you can't even see one of them.

He's looks almost exactly the same with a different hair style

Plus Mother 3 has A LOT to do with Ness
Aside from a couple of references, Ness has nothing to do with Mother 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it only shows one member of a team in the 3DS game because it's an individual experience, the same thing happens with the on-screen appearances: the camera only focuses on the player's on-screen appearance in the 3DS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom