• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm also glad that every stage is final destination now!
Now I don't have to be subjected to seeing space screen savers while I play.

Also for the glory is where it's at but Sakurai dropped the ball on the conditions it should of been:
- Final Destination only
- No Items
- Fox only

:troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's getting old

He needed an extra kick to get erect

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The Direct was pretty cool. Learned a lot of interesting tidbits today. The 3DS version seems a helluva lot more interesting than I originally thought.

Also, Greninja hype.

Smooth Criminal

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Soooooo, how are Ridley fans taking it? Palutena and Mewtwo can still be playable now, but Ridley is deconfirmed...... Sorry Ridley fans.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Soooooo, how are Ridley fans taking it? Palutena and Mewtwo can still be playable now, but Ridley is deconfirmed...... Sorry Ridley fans.
Wasn't deconfirmed. Just hinted at being a stage hazard, respectively. We don't see him entering through the hole or anything but a shadow of him flying. He might just as well be playable, just fairly big.

I won't deny it's certainly a possibility, of course. But he left it way too up to interpretation. Likewise, he forgot(or did he?) to confirm Starfy and Metroid's current roles. >_<

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Wasn't deconfirmed. Just hinted at being a stage hazard, respectively. We don't see him entering through the hole or anything but a shadow of him flying. He might just as well be playable, just fairly big.

I won't deny it's certainly a possibility, of course. But he left it way too up to interpretation. Likewise, he forgot(or did he?) to confirm Starfy and Metroid's current roles. >_<
I know Sakurai likes his little tricks, but he fooled me when stating "other stages also have their own unique bosses" as Ridley's shadow passed by, but yes. He could be trolling us and making us think he isn't in the game to surprise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know Sakurai likes his little tricks, but he fooled me when stating "other stages also have their own unique bosses" as Ridley's shadow passed by, but yes. He could be trolling us and making us think he isn't in the game to surprise.
He did something similar with Pseudo-Palutena. I'd just wait. I'm sad he didn't reveal any new character from a lesser shown series. It's cool he got some of the Pokemon roster out of the way, though. Same with the Zelda and finished off Brawl's Metroid Roster.

Also, like Brawl, he's made it clear even the same person can be a different playable character. And Melee too in the case of Dr. Mario. I could see him easily as DLC now, and not as a costume, due to him separating the same person into two playable slots(presumably?). By slots, I mean the space on the character screen, to clarify.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A lot of people are taking the err...."developments" pretty hard. Though you know what they say, it's not over till it's over. See, they didn't fully show him as a stage hazard or anything....yet. It seems like Sakurai is dangling the key in front of the fan's faces. I can't really see much of a reason to be so coy otherwise. Maybe I'm a little too optimistic.

Oh well, I'm going back to playing the waiting game. All in all, I'm interested in what Smash 4 has to offer. Ridley or no Ridley. Besides, I've got Megaman already. As far as I'm concerned, we hit the jackpot.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
that Direct was too hype, lol those online modes thoooo

solo Charizard is wassup, Greninja looks pretty cool, and good lawd that Zero Suit Samus!

and then the custom movesets, that's probably got something to do with that whole Wii U/3DS interconnectivity ish that Sakurai is all low key about

only thing I wasn't too crazy about that I remember is Rainbow Road only being in the 3DS version -_- lol but yeah, this game is looking good so far IMO

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
A lot of people are taking the err...."developments" pretty hard. Though you know what they say, it's not over till it's over. See, they didn't fully show him as a stage hazard or anything....yet. It seems like Sakurai is dangling the key in front of the fan's faces. I can't really see much of a reason to be so coy otherwise. Maybe I'm a little too optimistic.

Oh well, I'm going back to playing the waiting game. All in all, I'm interested in what Smash 4 has to offer. Ridley or no Ridley. Besides, I've got Megaman already. As far as I'm concerned, we hit the jackpot.
Me too, I'm not a Ridley fan anyway, though I'm not against him being in it. Sakurai could always pull the Alfonzo trick, or oooooo! The boss could be meta-Ridley while the playable one regular Ridley. Also I love alternate costumes are confirmed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can we customize F.L.U.U.D to shoot fire? That'd be pretty fun. Also, that Fire Jump Punch on Mario, that thing is sick. I'm pretty sure that it's a legit Shoryuken. Can't wait to see what kind of trick you could pull off with character customization. Everyone of Bowser's moves is getting armor. Same with Ganon when he finally shows up.

Also, that Sparkman theme remix is too good. We need to hear more Megaman music in this game.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
He did something similar with Pseudo-Palutena. I'd just wait. I'm sad he didn't reveal any new character from a lesser shown series. It's cool he got some of the Pokemon roster out of the way, though. Same with the Zelda and finished off Brawl's Metroid Roster.

Also, like Brawl, he's made it clear even the same person can be a different playable character. And Melee too in the case of Dr. Mario. I could see him easily as DLC now, and not as a costume, due to him separating the same person into two playable slots(presumably?). By slots, I mean the space on the character screen, to clarify.
He also said Zero Suit Samus was cut before showing her 5 seconds later.

Also, if DLC happens for the WiiU version, I can imagine Ivysaur and Squirtle will be pretty high up on that list if they aren't in already.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So is it safe to assume that tether recovery is gone???

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So is it safe to assume that tether recovery is gone???
I kind of doubt that. I mean, we can still have it be used by Link, Toon Link, and Samus. Though outside of those three, I don't see anyone really using them.

I've got a few questions though. Exactly how many older characters will be shown off now? We got Charizard, Yoshi, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus today. But there's not much time until E3. If we're getting any news for Smash then, it wouldn't be too out there to expect mostly new characters to be shown, much like last year's E3. Do you guys think we'll have to wait for other characters like Ganon, Wario, Falco and Lucas.

I don't feel like we need to worry too much about Captain Falcon, Ganon, Wario and Meta-Knight though. Out of all the older characters, they seem like the most important to add.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know what Greninja proved? That the pattern still holds water!!!!

Villager = green
Mega Man = blue
Wii Fit Trainer = green
Rosalina = blue
Little Mac = green
Greninja = blue

Which means the next newcomer is gonna have a green background... Palutena at E3 2014? :awesome:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So...I thought I'd collect some of my thoughts on the Smash Direct
-Greninja looks super fun. Legit did not see him/her/it coming. Nice little foreshadowing with the substitute earlier in the trailer!

-That Sheik reveal was hilarious. Who would've thought that the Sheik supporters and detractors would both be right?

-You might not know this, but Electric Man is my favourite character in MS Paint Masterpieces, so I'm super excited to see him here. That said...well, we'll get to that later.

-Dat Yoshi.

-That Balloon Fight stage looks super neat. I may need to watch it again, but the edges are wraparound, right? Sakurai may have just created a stage that solved the problem of walkoff camping.

-Nice to see that Sakurai is at least trying to reach out to the competitive community with the "For Glory" mode. Though I have my reservations about it, especially the FD clones.
-That 3DS Adenture-mode esque thing looks tight. Plus it's cool to see that the Kremlings aren't forgotten by everyone just yet. inb4 K. Rool confirmed.

That Ridley tease.... :(

Also, sad to see Samurai Goroh and Saki confirmed. Though those were always longshots for me anyway.

I notciced a few notable figures missing from Megaman's Final Smash....I can see why Zero was excluded, but why Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe aren't there is beyond me.

I don't really like that the way Sakurai seems to be going about making more "competitive" stages is by turning most stages into FD clones. I'm all for getting some more balanced stages, but could we get some variety? At least put a few platforms here and there. I worry that this will just add to the "No Items, FD only" perception that the competitive Smash scene gets from some casuals.

-As much as I love Elec(tric) Man, he seems like a bit of an odd choice for an AT. Why not Bass or Proto Man, or even Zero? This combined with Sakurai saying he wanted to include as many ATs as possible makes me wonder if maybe we'll get more than one AT per third party franchise.
-That Ridley tease, as depressing as it is to see him not playable, is a bit odd. Why just show us the silhouette? Why not just show him outright? It makes me hope that Sakurai will find a way to make Ridley playable...
-No Snake? Hm...

-I guess counter is the new Landmaster. :p

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
...Has Zero Suit Samus' Up B been shown? If not, no.

Also, it might be still there via the Hookshot/Clawshot. Those were tether recoveries too.
She did some kick move where she jolted up diagonally towards the ledge. idk hard to call I guess.
And Olimar's recovery has been revamped with pink pikmin

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Btw, Sakurai knows just what games to play with me.

You see, music is one of my favorite things for video games. And the 3ds version is going to be the Smash game I will play most...

...That being said each stage only has two songs...While the Wii U has many, many...

Darn it Sakurai, I was going to get the Wii U version anyway, but now I HAVE to. You clever dog you. :3

All around, the direct was all it was hyped up to be. Love every last bit of gameplay. This could really be one of the best Smash games. This might be the smash game we can all agree upon.

I love the idea of "For Fun" and "For Glory" modes. I was skeptical when he said the only stage was FD, but then he showed what he meant and now basically every stage will be tourney legal, (I think), even if it could be argued it isn't fair.

The stage selection is also really solid. Can't complain against it.

Back to the music. My god, these games just need to come out so I can listen to the soundtrack. <3

Glad the transforming veterans are back as well as Yoshi.

Also, Zero suit samus looks fun to play and my style. Also, She is way sexier than her brawl model. She also had bunny ears in that one pic. Stop appealing to my fetishes Sakurai.

I got to try out Zero Suit Samus! <3

I'm happy Waddle Dees aren't a part of King Dedede's Moveset. More reasons to suspect Bandana Dee. :)

Customizable Moves. I personally love the idea of it. I still don't get why people are against it being tourney legal. Especially the, "we can't keep track of it" argument.

As for Greninja. As soon as I saw the move was a water shuriken I knew it was him. He looks fun though, and I love his substitute move, that substitute doll is adorable. <3 And where did Sakurai learn how to use Substitute himself?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I kind of doubt that. I mean, we can still have it be used by Link, Toon Link, and Samus. Though outside of those three, I don't see anyone really using them.
Sorry, let me clarify. tether recoveries have been removed as a character's primary/Up special recovery.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So...I thought I'd collect some of my thoughts on the Smash Direct
-Greninja looks super fun. Legit did not see him/her/it coming. Nice little foreshadowing with the substitute earlier in the trailer!

-That Sheik reveal was hilarious. Who would've thought that the Sheik supporters and detractors would both be right?

-You might not know this, but Electric Man is my favourite character in MS Paint Masterpieces, so I'm super excited to see him here. That said...well, we'll get to that later.

-Dat Yoshi.

-That Balloon Fight stage looks super neat. I may need to watch it again, but the edges are wraparound, right? Sakurai may have just created a stage that solved the problem of walkoff camping.

-Nice to see that Sakurai is at least trying to reach out to the competitive community with the "For Glory" mode. Though I have my reservations about it, especially the FD clones.
-That 3DS Adenture-mode esque thing looks tight. Plus it's cool to see that the Kremlings aren't forgotten by everyone just yet. inb4 K. Rool confirmed.

That Ridley tease.... :(

Also, sad to see Samurai Goroh and Saki confirmed. Though those were always longshots for me anyway.

I notciced a few notable figures missing from Megaman's Final Smash....I can see why Zero was excluded, but why Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe aren't there is beyond me.

I don't really like that the way Sakurai seems to be going about making more "competitive" stages is by turning most stages into FD clones. I'm all for getting some more balanced stages, but could we get some variety? At least put a few platforms here and there. I worry that this will just add to the "No Items, FD only" perception that the competitive Smash scene gets from some casuals.

-As much as I love Elec(tric) Man, he seems like a bit of an odd choice for an AT. Why not Bass or Proto Man, or even Zero? This combined with Sakurai saying he wanted to include as many ATs as possible makes me wonder if maybe we'll get more than one AT per third party franchise.
-That Ridley tease, as depressing as it is to see him not playable, is a bit odd. Why just show us the silhouette? Why not just show him outright? It makes me hope that Sakurai will find a way to make Ridley playable...
-No Snake? Hm...

-I guess counter is the new Landmaster. :p
They didn't appear in Mega Man's final Smash because they aren't Mega Man

At least the Zero's aren't

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She did some kick move where she jolted up diagonally towards the ledge. idk hard to call I guess.
And Olimar's recovery has been revamped with pink pikmin
Olimar's is definitely gone. Rest, who knows. And that could be anything, really for ZSS really. Was it labeled that or something?

Anyway, Samus' and I think ZSS' throws probably will keep the tether recovery properties anyway.

R0Y

Smash Master
Interesting that Sakurai went out of his way to mention the Wii LAN adapter and wired Ethernet connection. Unfortunately, a port should have been included, not buying it or a junky third-party adapter. Ethernet really should have been included.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Olimar's is definitely gone. Rest, who knows. And that could be anything, really for ZSS really. Was it labeled that or something?

Anyway, Samus' and I think ZSS' throws probably will keep the tether recovery properties anyway.
Yeah sorry let me clarify, I didn't mean tether recoveries as a whole have been remove.
I meant up specials that once were tether recoveries have been removed. I'm not entirely sure if anything ZSS did in Brawl has carried. Her moveset, aerials at least have seem to change up quite a bit.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Man i'm still wishing Megamans final smash was rush armor
but still that was uber dedication that sakurai did bravo

Strawhat Jiggs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Evolzar89
Ate supper, came back and finished the stream late.

WOW, I was not expecting any of that, haha. Yoshi was the only person I guessed correctly, wasn't expecting Zamus, Sheik, Charizard, and especially Greninja. On the note of Greninja:

• Sakurai shows Pokeball mon: "Don''t you dare show Hawlucha... Yay, Hawlucha still has a chance!"
  • Video starts: "Please be Shulk, please be Shulk, please be Shu-
  • Shows Pokemon: "YESSSSS, HAWLUCHA UP IN HURRR!"
  • Charizard "reveal": "WHAAAAA!"
  • Mewtwo sillhouette; "oh, Oh, OH OH OH OH! Mewtwo! Awesome!"
  • Water Attack: "Wait, is that Greni-"
  • Greninja reveal: "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *Big grin* I really wanted Hawlucha, but this is still sweet."
i feel you man hawlucha is a pure bad ass

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
@ Knight Dude Knight Dude
Thank you. I needed this.

They didn't appear in Mega Man's final Smash because they aren't Mega Man

At least the Zero's aren't
In the ZX series, anyone who can biomerge is a Mega Man. That includes Zent/Aile (Model X/ZX) and Grey/Ashe (Model A), along with ~9 others.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah sorry let me clarify, I didn't mean tether recoveries as a whole have been remove.
I meant up specials that once were tether recoveries have been removed. I'm not entirely sure if anything ZSS did in Brawl has carried. Her moveset, aerials at least have seem to change up quite a bit.
I replied before I saw your clarification. I still wonder about ZSS, but eh.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love Mega Man's Final Smash!

Classic Mega Man
Mega Man X
MegaMan Volnutt
MegaMan.EXE
Star Force Mega Man

All join forces to smash everyone!

Love this! A good way to honor Mega Man history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom