• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

splat

Smash Lord
Guys, when Brawl launched we knew of 27 different movesets (counting PT as three and Zamus as seperate from Samus). Twelve were revealed after the game was released.

We know of 29 different ones already. Add a similar number to be kept secret until after launch for 41 characters. With a couple of months before release (and E3 coming up, too), this roster will be spectacular :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Greninja was perfect choice; basically nobody expected him (at least stand-alone!), but still everybody likes him. Sakurai knows these tricks.
Lol, I know. I was expecting the newcomer to be Genesect or Serina. So he caught me off gaurd when he revealed stand alone Greninja. At least we got one of Calum/Serina's Pokemon.

R.I.P. Squirtle

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Guys, when Brawl launched we knew of 27 different movesets (counting PT as three and Zamus as seperate from Samus). Twelve were revealed after the game was released.

We know of 29 different ones already. Add a similar number to be kept secret until after launch for 41 characters. With a couple of months before release (and E3 coming up, too), this roster will be spectacular :)
If we get 50 Charcters..OH GOD THE HYPE!!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think my favorite confirmation of the Direct that Sakurai is, in fact, a ginormous troll and takes a lot of pride in it. I was laughing and cursing at the top of my lungs at some points because of some of the things he did. (The ZSS fakeout made me want to shake his hand because it was so brilliantly trolly.) I'm pretty sure I shouted "you're dead to me Sakurai" when he started talking about assist trophies and Waluigi was sitting behind him before breaking out in a fit of laughter. :laugh:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I consider Charizard's separation from Ivysaur and Squirtle a major nerf. The reason they were grouped was that Charizard had really poor mobility. Squirtle was fast and could jump high and Ivysaur had good grab. Zelda has powerful moves, but they take a long time to use. Sheik has fast but weak attacks.

Zamus was just a gimmick though. :troll:

That's why I don't like characters that focus in one field. They just end up feeling too situational. Little Mac makes up for it with the 1 hit KO, but Charizard without gliding and Rock Smash is probably going to be one of the weaker characters in the game(s).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Charizard's gliding mechanic hasn't been cut, as far as I know, Only Pit lost them.

I'm still holding out hope for Ivysaur and Squirtle, but who knows what will happen at this point.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm still holding out hope for Ivysaur and Squirtle, but who knows what will happen at this point.
Ivysaur and Squirtle will be literally merged into a single character called Ivyurtle as an homage to Venustoise from the anime

:troll:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm kind of surprised how nobody's talking about how Tetra's chances have significantly shot up. Toon Zelda essentially bit the dust in the Direct but with Sheik now being a seperate character, Tetra now doesn't have to be a transformation. She's not exactly a character I'm pulling for but I do know that she does have a decent number of supporters in her corner.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
It sucks that Charizard lost Rock Smash. How is he going to take out his anger on his 4x weakness now:troll:

Real talk though, as useful as the move was it was so unfitting for him. Also Imma miss his fair. It was my fave move.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It sucks that Charizard lost Rock Smash. How is he going to take out his anger on his 4x weakness now:troll:

Real talk though, as useful as the move was it was so unfitting for him. Also Imma miss his fair. It was my fave move.
I didn't notice

what does he have in it's stead?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm kind of surprised how nobody's talking about how Tetra's chances have significantly shot up. Toon Zelda essentially bit the dust in the Direct but with Sheik now being a seperate character, Tetra now doesn't have to be a transformation. She's not exactly a character I'm pulling for but I do know that she does have a decent number of supporters in her corner.
Tetra without Toon Zelda just feels.. odd. It's similar to having Sheik without Zelda.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't think Tetra ever had to be a transformation...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Guys, I noticed something reeeaaallllyyy strange....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N02/13729638434/in/photostream

That's the link to one of the Skull Kid AT pics. I'm a die-hard SK fan... and I noticed that the Skull Kid Shown is an OoT SK (like in my avatar) with Majora's Mask on. Compare this to the Skull Kid art from MM.

200px-Skull_Kid.png

Thoughts? Why would Sakurai choose to use the OoT model?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The colors. The hat.
It looks pretty much the same

Maybe the colors were just made brighter to reflect the atmosphere in this smash game

Regardless if the artwork is different, was the model IN GAME actually different?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This is great! :laugh:

I consider Charizard's separation from Ivysaur and Squirtle a major nerf. The reason they were grouped was that Charizard had really poor mobility. Squirtle was fast and could jump high and Ivysaur had good grab. Zelda has powerful moves, but they take a long time to use. Sheik has fast but weak attacks.

Zamus was just a gimmick though. :troll:

That's why I don't like characters that focus in one field. They just end up feeling too situational. Little Mac makes up for it with the 1 hit KO, but Charizard without gliding and Rock Smash is probably going to be one of the weaker characters in the game(s).
Nope.

10nopes.

Proof?

His side special seems to be flare blitz and his new fair is some claw move.
Could easily be Dspecial as well. Ala Falcon Kick/Warlock Kick.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It looks pretty much the same

Maybe the colors were just made brighter to reflect the atmosphere in this smash game

Regardless if the artwork is different, was the model IN GAME actually different?
800px-SkullKid.jpg

The colors have been changed from the art work to resemble the in-game Skull Kid from MM, but the wide brim of Skull Kid's hat is gone, so he's wearing his hat from OoT. Strange, right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone hear about the Ultimate Warrior? Apperently he just died. Though I'm guessing no one knows what happened exactly.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Does anyone think there is any special significance of the Rocket Belt sharing a series symbol with the Pilotwings stage? How much content could there be from the Pilotwings series? Could it have implications for a new character? Note the Steel Diver inspired item having the Super Smash Bros. series icon.

When I first saw it, I had to go back and make sure the stages were shown with icons and that Wuhu Islands was being addressed as Pilotwings now. I thought the Rocket Belt icon could have been a tiny little easter egg for what's to come.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Does anyone think there is any special significance of the Rocket Belt sharing a series symbol with the Pilotwings stage? How much content could there be from the Pilotwings series? Could it have implications for a new character? Note the Steel Diver inspired item having the Super Smash Bros. series icon.

When I first saw it, I had to go back and make sure the stages were shown with icons and that Wuhu Islands was being addressed as Pilotwings now. I thought the Rocket Belt icon could have been a tiny little easter egg for what's to come.
Not entirely sure on a character. But with both a stage and an item, it's getting a decent amount of representation. Maybe the series will get an assist too. But I'd be fine if it had a full character too, provided they were interesting enough. Also I've got to say, the Rocket Belt looks like the coolest item that's going to show up in Smash 4.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Did anyone hear about the Ultimate Warrior? Apperently he just died. Though I'm guessing no one knows what happened exactly.
No one will believe me probably, but he was my mother's classmate once upon a time. Small world, huh? Apparently he was kind of puny in his youth.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But it was pretty much determined in the Wind Waker that Tetra was her true identity and that's the one she kept in Phantom Hourglass. In a way, "Toon Zelda" sank with Hyrule.
Still doesn't matter. Toon Zelda's the main character while Tetra's just an extra identity. She just doesn't compare or is anywhere close to the same importance. Toon Zelda is still the more notable choice. Tetra's nothing of note without her, as that's the only reason she really holds any plot significance whatsoever in the Zelda series.

It's Toon Zelda or bust among that. There's other notable Zelda characters like Tingle(I can't see anything he has in common with anyone beyond maybe having an Up B similar to Villager's, but his could would closer to Peach's Parasol, minus the damaging part. Where he lifts into the air), Ghirahim(a unique swordsman), Vaati(magical swordsman), or Impa(not ninja-based, since she has no chance unless Sakurai makes her based around her other various stuff. Oracles, Skyward Sword...)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
But I'd be fine if it had a full character too, provided they were interesting enough.
Yeah. I hope the Birdman music at least makes it in.

I looked through the video and the Nintendogs AT has its own series icon, but I'm pretty sure we won't be getting a Nintendog character, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom