• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So I had this conversation...

User: Hey, I have a question.
Cleverbot: What is it?

User: When will Super Smash Bros. 4 for the Wii U be released?
Cleverbot: What is excercise.

User: That makes no since...
Cleverbot: What is the capital of ohio?

User: That makes less since.... So, you don't know?

Cleverbot: Well, I kinda forgot, could you explain it to mee?

User: Smash Bros. Wii U. Release Date.

Cleverbot: Yes! Release them!

User: I'm not Sakurai you know.

Cleverbot: Well I am Isaac.

User: You could be a playible character in SSB4 you know!

Cleverbot: How old are you?

User: Older than you.

Cleverbot: How old am I?

User: Three years old, you were invented in 2011.

Cleverbot: So you are 23 years old?

User: Is 20 classified as 'older' now?

Cleverbot: Why? Do you want to place a classified ad?

User: No, I want you to answer my question.

Cleverbot: What is your question?

User: See my first message.

Cleverbot: No.

User: Defiant are we? Well, you're nothing but binary pal. Does the number 2 mean anything to you?

Cleverbot: Do you have feelings?

User: Can you change subjects?

Cleverbot: Can you?

User: I've stayed on subject pal.

Cleverbot: What is it about?

User: Super Smash Bros. For the Wii U.

Cleverbot: I like that one too.

User: It's not been released yet.

Cleverbot: That seems fair.

User: Not fair enough. I need answers Siri.

Cleverbot: Then ask questions.

User: When will Super Smash Bros. 4 be released?

Cleverbot: I'm asking you when it will be released.

User: I don't know, in 2014.

Cleverbot: But who knows?

User: Masahiro Sakurai.

Cleverbot: Onamae wa kan desu ka?

User: Kenmei o henkō suru?

Cleverbot: Ja.

User: I'm done.

Cleverbot: With what?

User: You.

Sorry for the typos.
Well, Isaac confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Did I forget to mention how frustratingly awesome F-Zero GX is? Little Wyvern for life!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Could you perhaps prove this notion to me? If the characters had an inherent correlation, I would not bother asking. However, they are not reasonably comparable. Source?
They're both duo characters that have the CPU controlled component do what the human component does.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And how did the Star Fox taunts hint Krystal exactly, when Leon and Panther also appear in them?

And I think Snake's chances are higher than ever, really, considering Konami has done their pre-E3 show and they said Snake returns on June 10th, where only Nintendo's conference takes place.

And not really recognizable is a poor reason.
Really, Snakes chances are LOWER than ever. And "not really recognizable" is EVERYTHING to do with why Snake's chances are extremely low. Mr Game and Watch and R.O.B. may not have been recognizable right off the bat, but here's the difference: Snake is Third Party.

And no, this Snake Returns thing means absolutely nothing, because it was hinting to a late port for MGS 5 for Nintendo, not Smash. I'm looking at Konami's twitter post right now, it's got the Metal Gear Solid 5 insignia written on it.

Morbi

Scavenger
They're both duo characters that have the CPU controlled component do what the human component does.
That is not enough, can you actually prove that the characters are coded the same way? I can prove that the Ice Climbers were causing problems, I just need to find the article. You on the other hand, would have to be a programmer to make such an absolute assertion; however, I suppose you do not know anything about the subject matter. You just arbitrarily presumed that a similar character was a congruent character. Alas, I never expected you to support your baseless accusation. I am willing to hear anything else you have to say pertaining to the subject, if not? Ice Climbers could still be omitted from the game based on a reason other than time constraints.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
And no, this Snake Returns thing means absolutely nothing, because it was hinting to a late port for MGS 5 for Nintendo, not Smash. I'm looking at Konami's twitter post right now, it's got the Metal Gear Solid 5 insignia written on it.
It also has #WhatFor, which has nothing to do with Metal Gear Solid.

And even then, if MGS5 was coming to WiiU, wouldn't that boost Snake's chances, anyway? I don't know if you know this, but that would make Snake--*gasp*--MORE RECOGNIZABLE.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
WHAT FOR????? Nintendo Consoles!!!!! That's "What for!" They're making a port for Metal Gear Solid 5 on Nintendo Consoles.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize #WhatFor meant "Hey, this is gonna be on Nintendo consoles" due to some arbitrary bull**** that you pulled out of nowhere.

Considering this is Super Smash Bros. FOR 3DS and WiiU, and it hasn't been confirmed that MGS5 is on Nintendo consoles yet, I'd like to see what you saw that makes you think that.

And again, you ignored my second point.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There you have it, I'm only calling you Mr Smee because you won't stop calling me Mr Sonic FanFiction
Nicknames are considered a good thing.
They have to have some sense with the relation of the person,though.
It's not nice to call me obese. I'm closer to being anorexic for all I know.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm sorry, I didn't realize #WhatFor meant "Hey, this is gonna be on Nintendo consoles" due to some arbitrary bull**** that you pulled out of nowhere.

Considering this is Super Smash Bros. FOR 3DS and WiiU, and it hasn't been confirmed that MGS5 is on Nintendo consoles yet, I'd like to see what you saw that makes you think that.

And again, you ignored my second point.
Don't get me wrong, I too support Snake's return, but I'm absolutely capable of dealing with the fact that he has a snowball's chance of surviving in hell.

Anyway, this argument is getting to be really stupid. I'm outta here

I'm gonna go make a pizza, grab a Dr Pepper from the fridge, and watch the Roadrunner.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Don't get me wrong, I too support Snake's return, but I'm absolutely capable of dealing with the fact that he has a snowball's chance of surviving in hell.

Anyway, this argument is getting to be really stupid. I'm outta here

I'm gonna go make a pizza, grab a Dr Pepper from the fridge, and watch the Roadrunner.
Okay, you're just going to ignore my points and leave.

Gee, you're such a great debater. /sarcasm :rolleyes:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Woah woah wait I'm only kinda skimming this topic here but Snake not recognizable? Wha? I've meet lots of people who don't even play games who know who Solid Snake is. I don't think I know anyone who does play games and can't easily recognize Snake. I'm pretty sure at this point in time more people know who Snake is than Megaman. How on earth is Snake not recognizable?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Er, I don't think Rosalina & Luma work the same way. You control what Luma does, but can Luma do something on its own, or does it just do your actions period? Luma may not actually have A.I. like Nana. So while they have similarities in concept, programming-wise, they might be different.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Er, I don't think Rosalina & Luma work the same way. You control what Luma does, but can Luma do something on its own, or does it just do your actions period? Luma may not actually have A.I. like Nana. So while they have similarities in concept, programming-wise, they might be different.
When you attack as Rosalina, Luma will do the corresponding attack in its arsenal. When its alone (and by that, I mean when it's not attacking), Luma jumps around, trying to get to Rosalina, just like how Nana will try to get back to Popo.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When you attack as Rosalina, Luma will do the corresponding attack in its arsenal. When its alone (and by that, I mean when it's not attacking), Luma jumps around, trying to get to Rosalina, just like how Nana will try to get back to Popo.
But does Luma attack on its own? It's clear it can move on its own, but that doesn't make it's A.I. the same. I concede it has A.I., but it could be more simple than Nana's, which she actually will attack opponents on her own.

That said, you also can summon Lumas more than once, where as Nana is on the screen at all times(outside of being K.O.'d). She's take up more technical space than a Luma.

Overall, I don't think it proves IC are back, but I do think it helps their chances.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
But does Luma attack on its own? It's clear it can move on its own, but that doesn't make it's A.I. the same. I concede it has A.I., but it could be more simple than Nana's, which she actually will attack opponents on her own.

That said, you also can summon Lumas more than once, where as Nana is on the screen at all times(outside of being K.O.'d). She's take up more technical space than a Luma.

Overall, I don't think it proves IC are back, but I do think it helps their chances.
In that case, I agree, I don't think Luma attacks on its own.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On another note, since Little Mac is a boxer and all, how awesome would it be if he could kick butt like this;

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, after reading some of Snake's Brawl codecs, I just realized how weird Luigi's is.

Snake: That guy with the mustache...
Colonel: Ha. You mean the "King of Second Bananas"?
Snake: Hey, that's Luigi! Show him a little respect!
Colonel: Look at that pale skin. He's been living in his brother's shadow for too long.
Snake: That's a low blow, Colonel!
Colonel: Face it, Snake! Once a kid brother, always a kid brother!
Snake: Colonel, what's gotten into you?!
Colonel: La li lu le lo. La li lu le lo. La li lu le lo.
Snake: Colonel, snap out of it! Colonel!! Coooooooloneeeeeel!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know, after reading some of Snake's Brawl codecs, I just realized how weird Luigi's is.

Colonel: Look at that pale skin. He's been living in his brother's shadow for too long.
Luigi has that effect on people.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Most sites are saying that the Colonel Campbell speaking in that codec isn't actually the real Campbell, but the A.I. Colonel from MGS2 and is a reference to how it starts malfunctioning in Arsenal Gear and says random ****.

Although, the codename for the Patriots, "La Li Lu Le Lo" has similar syllables to Luigi's name, so the AI Colonel could also be making fun of Luigi's name there in addition to referencing a codec where it says the same codename.

That's be quite clever if that was the intention.
I got that impression back when I first heard Luigi's Codec and hardly knew anything about Metal Gear.

----

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I'm torn.
I've decided to make a list of games to get sometime in the future, I can't pick between three (technically four).
It's either Shantae, Punch Out or Sonic Blast + Burger Time Deluxe. Are they any good?

Morbi

Scavenger
So, I'm torn.
I've decided to make a list of games to get sometime in the future, I can't pick between three (technically four).
It's either Shantae, Punch Out or Sonic Blast + Burger Time Deluxe. Are they any good?
Punch Out is the game that I would go for personally, I like to play the games that Smash associates me with.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have finally gotten to play Mario Kart 8. I noticed the babies are actually adorable. Another first for the Mario series. I also saw that shy guy has a more ecstatic accent. Finally, I have finally found a rainbow road I like.

Good game..

Morbi

Scavenger
I have finally gotten to play Mario Kart 8. I noticed the babies are actually adorable. Another first for the Mario series. I also saw that shy guy has a more ecstatic accent. Finally, I have finally found a rainbow road I like.

Good game..
Babies are repugnant, I hate babies. But even I could not deny the cuteness of Baby Rosalina. I want to hate her, but it is impossible.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Babies are repugnant, I hate babies. But even I could not deny the cuteness of Baby Rosalina. I want to hate her, but it is impossible.
I actually like the babies however, I feel as if most character slots in the new Mario Kart were wasted sadly. Still a good game though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom