• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyone else keep up with Friday Night Fisticuffs? I don't know why, but Fighting Games are the most interesting genre to watch or play for me.
Fighting games are among my favorite genres as well. I'm awful at most traditional fighters though, which is weird, because I'm pretty good with memorization.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm confident that Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS will pass a million units, with Shulk being in Smash Bros. and all. That should also get people pumped for Xenoblade Chronicles X. We could be looking at a FE:A situation here.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fighting games are among my favorite genres as well. I'm awful at most traditional fighters though, which is weird, because I'm pretty good with memorization.
Yeah. The gameplay, the characters, the movesets, the stages, fighting games have it all in spades. I've never been a competitive player though. There's a few games I'm good at despite that. I would say I'm decent at Soul Calibur and Tekken. Can't say the same for Capcom fighters though, I can only do basic stuff in those.

Same for the DBZ Budokai games I guess, if those count.

I'm hoping that with Smash 3D, I'll attempt to be a more competent player. I think I just need to practice dodging more and I'll be fine.

Now that I think of it, there's one more fighter on my Gamecube that I should get. Pretty sure that CvS2 was on the Gamecube.

Can't say I know of it.
It's one of the shows that the Super Best Friends channel uploads.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm really excited for Shulk because of all the xenoblade content we are going to get. I don't even know the full possibilities of the content we could get due to the LP I'm watching not finishing yet.

Also, as I frequent listener to You will know our names, (I've been listening to it for the last month), I really couldn't tell if the version they used was different or not. It seemed like there was more energy in it, (which would be quite the accomplishment considering how much energy is already in it), but that could've just been all the sound effects and voices making it feel that way.

It seemed like it was a remastered version at the very least, which is all it probably should get.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Man, there's so much hype about this game right now. When the game comes out, all people will be talking about is competitive stuff. I know @xSoul will eat that stuff up :troll: but I will miss speculation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Am I the only one who thinks Sakurai is scared to reveal Dark Pit be playable?
I wouldn't say he's scared. But I don't think he would show off too many clones or semi-clones until release. That, and he was already hinted at earlier in Palutena's trailer.

I will say that I can understand why some don't like the idea of him being playable. He's the least interesting clone in terms of design, being a literal palette swap of the original Pit. But I would prefer to wait until we see his moveset to make any meaningful judgement.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of music, I list a few games with composers working on Smash 4:
Xenoblade - Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, ACE
Mario & Luigi series - Yoko Shimomura
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba, Yuzo Koshiro, Noriyuki Iwadare, Masafumi Takada
Super Mario Galaxy - Mahito Yokota
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Ryo Nagamatsu
Several NES games (incl. Metroid, Kid Icarus, Dr. Mario) - Hirokazu Tanaka
Pokémon Black/White & X/Y - Shota Kageyama

And this is not counting third party games the composers have worked on as well.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Fact: :pikachu64:/:jigglypuff64: were younger than :shulk: at the time of their debut.

(1996-1999) vs. (2010-2014).

boohoo sm4sh has too much modern crap it's just an ad nooooow

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I would be so p***ed if Dark Pit wasn't a clone, that would be complete and utter favouritism on Sakurai's part. But if he is a clone, I'll definitely use him over Pit.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would be so p***ed if Dark Pit wasn't a clone, that would be complete and utter favouritism on Sakurai's part. But if he is a clone, I'll definitely use him over Pit.
I don't follow that mentality. I'd rather have as many unique characters as we possibly can. I mean, sure it'd be a little disappointing that it's a Cammy/Decapre(two similar looking characters)sort of situation, but it's better than nothing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I thought we depicted clones as a bad thing.

Speaking of which,I question the roster on the 3DS version. If the clones are to be together,then why is Toon Link up with his group? I won't really count Swaganondorf,I've seen the videos,he's more like Falco now,the same but different.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

From Sakurai's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/328869208752521218

If the leak is entirely true, this image will be blatant trolling, since Sakurai stated the image had nothing to do with the game in development.

Dark Pit's leaked render has him holding the Dark Pit Staff, just like the figure.

Oh yeah, and Lucina also has a figma figure (as masked Marth, but still), like fellow Nintendo characters Link, Samus, Pit and Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

From Sakurai's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/328869208752521218

If the leak is entirely true, this image will be blatant trolling, since Sakurai stated the image had nothing to do with the game in development.

Dark Pit's leaked render has him holding the Dark Pit Staff, just like the figure.

Oh yeah, and Lucina also has a figma figure (as masked Marth, but still), like fellow Nintendo characters Link, Samus, Pit and Dark Pit.
I guess he also trolled with Charizard being a separate character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

So would that mean Dark Pit has his own moveset,or would it mean he's Falco III? (Swaganondorf is Falco II)

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Leaked render?

I presume you are talking about more then what was shown in the CSS leak, as neither the face portrait or his battle portrait showed enough to reveal the Dark Pit Staff.

Someone catch me up now please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom